Author Topic: Black bars around video on 1920x1080p mkv  (Read 1841 times)

January 27, 2012, 01:29:46 AM
Read 1841 times

rupe

Hi,

I just bought a 42" Full HD Plasma TV, connected it to my WD TV Live player via HDMI.

I playback a file on an external HDD connected to the WD TV Live player via USB. The resolution of the MKV-file is 1920x1080p (Full HD), so in theory the video picture should fill the entire screen.

But, I get black bars of equal width around both top/bottom and left/right. The output on the WD TV Live player is set to 'Widescreen' and I have tried every aspect ratio there is on the Plasma TV. None of them will fill out the screen. A few of the zoom modes will overscan, but that's not what I want. I want the player to automatically fill out the screen, in theory the two “formats” should correspond perfectly.

If the TV (or the player) could stretch the picture just an inch or two both horizontally and vertically it would fit perfectly. It's like the video image is a "smaller" version of the screen in the correct aspect ratio. Hope that makes sense.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

January 27, 2012, 03:38:47 AM
Reply #1

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

try a different video, it could be a crappy encode of the one you have.
You laugh because I’m different, I laugh because you’re all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

January 27, 2012, 03:43:48 AM
Reply #2

RavRob

• DeSpammer

I have some videos like that and others that fill the whole screen.  For the ones with a black bar, I adjust the size of the screen with my TV remote.  You should have similar adjustment as well.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television