Author Topic: Please help me! My IP Address is banned by this site!  (Read 1621 times)

January 19, 2012, 03:36:59 AM
Read 1621 times

BritishBeef

Hi there.
I tried a little while ago to register on this forum as I recently bought a WDTV Live. However, I can't get anywhere near the forum as it says I am banned and accuses me of being a spammer!??

I can assure you I am nothing of the sort and don't understand why your site would think that of me. I have e-mailed the owner of this site for help but there has been no reply. Please could someone look into this for me as I would really like to be able to use this forum.

Regards,

BritishBeef.

January 19, 2012, 06:48:17 AM
Reply #1

RavRob

• DeSpammer

I sent you a PM with a request for some details.  Once I have those details I will see if I can fix this.

Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

January 20, 2012, 05:21:03 AM
Reply #2

sandra51

I had the same problem so last saturday I managed to access the site and register using a friends PC. I sent a message to Admin (Jay) and have just been allowed to access it from my home PC today, thanks guys :)

Give it time and I am sure they will sort it out.

April 23, 2012, 03:25:46 PM
Reply #3

BenL

• Personal Text
    -- mkvXstream --
    • mkvXstream
I feel your pain, unfortunately what the board owners have to deal with is a new type of BB spam software which auto posts spam everywhere. I run a small forum and it seems like I was getting about 20 people a day registering with this program with the soul intent to post spam. Spent more time canceling and banning user accounts and it pretty much took the fun out of it. Finally found some php code that makes them solve or answer a question before they can register and this has pretty much stopped them in their tracks.
Covering the Hottest Media Players on the Planet