Author Topic: Netflix & BBC iPlayer audio dropping frequently  (Read 1569 times)

January 12, 2012, 02:38:35 AM
Read 1569 times

andymxx

Before posting this, I have searched the forum and never quite find the same issue - many similar, but the situations different and the answers do not help.

I am loving my WD TV Live, but I live in Holland and frustratingly, it is a country so far behind online movie services it's unreal (Apple TV launched just months ago). With the recent launch of Netflix in the UK, I decided to try a VPN or DNS service. I set up unblock-us (change DNS) and it is working..Voila, I have access to Netflix in the UK on my WD TV Live (well, I assume that is the stream location because that's where I registered my account.

PROBLEM:
I happily watched a couple of programs with no issue whatsoever. I am amazed at how HD the HD films/series are (given that it is not a locally streamed service). BUT after watching one thing with no issue whatsoever, anything I watch after that has the audio dropping sometimes every 10 seconds, sometimes every minute or 2. Given that the picture is absolutely perfect, I cannot imagine this being a problem with the stream. And it is happening on Netflix as well as BBC iPlayer.

My problem is understanding where the issue sits: the WD TV Live box, or the fact that I am streaming using unblock-us. A bit difficult to figure out, but my gut feeling is it must be the WD TV Live box, surely?

Anyone having the same problem? I have the latest firmware update. This is so frustrating, I was so excited to be able to use Netflix and iPlayer - but now all I want to do after 5 minutes is throw the box out the window.

January 13, 2012, 02:10:55 AM
Reply #1

andymxx

May 23, 2012, 10:28:41 AM
Reply #2

boogietronix

I have the same issue with all BBC Radio 1 content... audio drops out every ten seconds. Really annoying as they have so much good content but it's not worth listening to with this consistent problem.

Did you find a solution?