Author Topic: Popcorn / redundant ac3 tracks  (Read 1065 times)

May 30, 2009, 04:27:01 AM
Read 1065 times

keymastur

Is there any way to get this program to NOT continue to recode DTS into AC3 without using the remove DTS option ?? it's been adding another AC3 track if i use the sub-directory feature every time I run the program (i have yet to hook up my external and move the new movies over). i think i have one movie that has 3 AC3 tracks now and the 4th is DTS.

with that being said, is there a way to remove an AC3 track once it has been added to the MKV container ?? would like to keep file size to a minimum....

May 30, 2009, 04:36:46 AM
Reply #1

keymastur

ok tell me if this is right. i did a little googling and came up with this:

mkvmerge GUI (i have parallels installed on my mac) - run this and uncheck the AC3 tracks i don't wish to have, then hit start muxing / OK and let it go.....i'll have an update in a few min

May 30, 2009, 04:46:48 AM
Reply #2

keymastur

but then of course i'm wondering, will this program move Track 3 to the Track 2 position, Track 4 to the Track 3 position - basically bump up....

June 19, 2009, 07:28:38 AM
Reply #3

slx4

mkvmerge tells u the id(audio track #) for each input.  for the one you want to automatically play, set default track flag to yes.  Just move the tracks up and down if you wanna reorder it