Author Topic: How do I use WDTV to watch what's on my computer screen?  (Read 1672 times)

November 06, 2011, 05:21:59 PM
Read 1672 times

Tom Austin1

WDTV Live is connected by Ethernet to my computer and by component to my HDTV.  It's working normally.  My Sony CRT HDTV is first generation, which means I must use WDTV to watch anything that comes from the internet. 

PBS has videos that can be viewed on-line.  I'd rather watch them on my TV.  Will WDTV allow this? How?

For example, here's the recent Steve Jobs video that I'd like to see on my TV and I don't know how to get it there:   http://video.klru.tv/video/2163706349/

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom

November 09, 2011, 12:37:47 PM
Reply #1

Tom Austin1

I'm new to this forum.  As there have been no replies to my question above, should I post it in another section of the forum?

November 18, 2011, 01:47:22 PM
Reply #2

franks

• DeSpammer

Welcome, Tom!

Unfortunately, I don't know the definitive answer to your question, but I'll offer my thoughts. It appears that the video is in a Flash format which I don't think the WDTV can play. I would think that you would need to save the file on your computer, then convert it to a compatible format (mpeg, divx, etc.) and then access that new file from your computer with the WDTV. But it's a low definition file so it's probably going to look like crud on your hi-def television.