Author Topic: No Netflix in Canada  (Read 1960 times)

October 30, 2011, 02:13:37 PM
Read 1960 times

yvolpe

I just got the WDTV Live and Netflix is not available in Canada for that player. I'm using the latest version which is 1.03.10.

Thanks

October 30, 2011, 03:55:02 PM
Reply #1

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

you must have the 'new' live that has built in wireless?

I have a live plus and netflix works great here in NB.

if it doesn't work for you your best bet would be to contact WD or netflix ...

on the firmware page, the first item says:
"Required for this firmware update: The WD TV Live unit requires you to update your unit twice before completion."

have you updated twice like it states?
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

October 31, 2011, 04:23:21 PM
Reply #2

yvolpe

I have contacted Western Ddigital and they told me that WDTV Live is not available in Canada. But I bought the unit at BestBuy in Quebec City...

So it look I will not be able to get Netflix with that unit in Canada unless they decide to sell it in Canada. Nobody at Western Digital can give me an answer. I guest I will have to bring back the unit to BestBuy and buy instead the WDTV Live Plus but it is not WIFI and the HDMI is 1.3 instead of 1.4 with the WDTV Live.

My problem is that  I am 3 hours drive from Quebec City and I will not get there for quite a while. So  I'm stuck with a unit with no Netflix and I bought this unit to get Netflix. So I don't why the saleman didn't know that.

October 31, 2011, 05:27:16 PM
Reply #3

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

very strange as the live plus will get netflix just fine.

I would wait a bit, you should be able to get netflix with it, it took a while for the plus to be useful in Canada, perhaps within a week or 2 the new live will be able to get netflix.

a bit of a gamble either way I guess. sucks that it's a 3 hour drive though.

as for WD saying the live isn't available in Canada, it was on the Canadian website for $99.99 not to long ago.
they must have pulled it, now that's strange!
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

January 06, 2012, 06:43:15 AM
Reply #4

JayToronto

I purchased a WDTV Live from BestBuy just after Christmas and it does have Netflix. I subscribed to Netflix and it works.

However I purchased a WDTV Live from the same BestBuy for my parents back in November and it doesn't have Netflix. The only difference is that my parents are only using standard composite cables. I wonder if maybe it has to do with that?

We both live in Toronto ON.

I have no clue why one unit has Netflix and one doesn't... except maybe the video resolution has something to do with it. Another mystery.

October 22, 2012, 09:55:26 AM
Reply #5

hecya

I live in Mexico and have a WD TV Live (the streaming version) purchased in USA.  Netflix disappeared when upgrading the firmware. The solution to bring it back is to do a general reset on the settings menu. This worked like magic and now have no problem accessing the Mexician version of Netflix.