Author Topic: DMA OSD documentation and questions  (Read 11652 times)

May 28, 2009, 01:41:07 AM
Read 11652 times

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
This topic can be used for developers who are creating XML files for DMA OSD. You can ask questions about the format and maybe share some tip.

There is now an online documentation that shows all the tags found in /osd/*.xml with all attributes used and possible values. Please note that these tags may not work! Not all files are used by the WDTV.

DOCUMENTATION:

http://www.regeert.nl/wdtv/doc/

QUESTION:

The fwup_done.xml contains a tag called <motion_icon> which looks pretty simple based on the example below:

Code: [Select]
<motion_icon x="306" y="263" w="109" h="163" count="9" base_filename="image/settings_wait_progress_n" suffix_name="png"/>
Has anyone been able to use this? I've tried several times, but my WDTV reboots if I try anything. I've tried to use the /osd/image/home_top_info_cw_loading_n images, but nothing.

Would be very cool if we can have 'animated' images in the UI. Maybe some sort of slide show somewhere.

Also, has anyone documented what <tags> can be used and what attributes are available?

TIPS:

I happen to run into the numlines="3" attribute for <text> so I discovered that you can have multi line text. And also that <image> takes scale="100" which scales it, and scale_type="fixratio" to preserve aspect ratio.

Maybe I'll parse the documents with PHP and make some sort of documentation myself, but maybe someone already did this.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:36:43 PM by redindian »

June 20, 2009, 11:31:42 AM
Reply #1

LaurentG

Hi

I happen to run into the numlines="3" attribute for <text> so I discovered that you can have multi line text.

Do you know how to format the multi lines text to force carriage return inside the text ?

I tried to put |r|n inside the text, but they are just considered as normal characters and displayed.

June 20, 2009, 12:06:16 PM
Reply #2

juliojs

• WDTV-osdMod
Hi

I happen to run into the numlines="3" attribute for <text> so I discovered that you can have multi line text.

Do you know how to format the multi lines text to force carriage return inside the text ?

I tried to put |r|n inside the text, but they are just considered as normal characters and displayed.

Just press enter, like writing a text...

June 20, 2009, 01:55:53 PM
Reply #3

LaurentG

Hi

Just press enter, like writing a text...

Thank you. It's working.

June 22, 2009, 07:38:04 AM
Reply #4

redindian

The references in the inc_thumb_browse.xml are as follows:

@@thumb_active_0: black background, becomes blue semi-transparent on select
@@browse_0_thumbnail: actual thumbnail, folder.jpg from folder
@@thumb_folder_0_default_image: small folder type image in front off the thumbnail
@@browse_0_default_image: use as thumbnail when no folder.jpg exists
@@browse_0_mask: cover overlay to create glass effect

June 30, 2009, 02:09:22 AM
Reply #5

redindian

Just found out only some font sizes are supported. And I think also only even sizes.

For instance, you cannot use 34 because it will default to the normal font size. You have to use 32 or 36 then. Stupid!

June 30, 2009, 03:15:29 AM
Reply #6

rezmus

add more font sizes to /osd/font/fontlist.xml, reboot and they will be supported.

June 30, 2009, 03:57:52 AM
Reply #7

redindian

Didn't know that. Thanks!

And support for TrueType fonts as well? Cool! Have you tried that?

July 21, 2009, 12:54:45 AM
Reply #8

pibos

the site hosting your documentation is gone?
Wanna help WDTVExt for WDTVLive and RemoteView?

July 21, 2009, 01:35:00 AM
Reply #9

elmarweber

• WDTV Tools

July 29, 2009, 11:37:22 PM
Reply #10

redindian

Sorry about that, got tired of typing 'documentation', but forgot to update this thread. Didn't know anyone was using this, haha. :-)

September 10, 2009, 04:07:08 AM
Reply #11

lilibabe

• http://wdtv.free.fr/
anyone know what these lines represent in the file 'inc_video_thumb_browse.xml' ?

Code: [Select]
<table x="186" y="155" w="870" h="188" cols="6" rows="1" colspacing="2" align="hcenter">
  <image image="@@browse_0_icon" />
  <image image="@@browse_1_icon" />
  <image image="@@browse_2_icon" />
  <image image="@@browse_3_icon" />
  <image image="@@browse_4_icon" />
  <image image="@@browse_5_icon" />
</table>

i tried to change its position to see what is it, but i have seen absolutely nothing ! (maybe because i deleted a lot of original pictures in my mod  ;D)
If you appreciate my work and want to contribute, feel free to donate at http://wdtv.free.fr/

September 14, 2009, 12:21:12 AM
Reply #12

redindian

I think they are the small overlay icons in the lower right corner that show up when a thumb is used. I removed those too since they slow down the GUI. When no thumb is found, it will not show.

October 06, 2009, 07:25:35 AM
Reply #13

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
Is someone find what are the effect of these parameter "lbmask" "turbo_trigger" "turbo_multi"?
Are they do something on the scrolling speed?
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

October 06, 2009, 09:27:07 AM
Reply #14

redindian

My guess is that "turbo_trigger" and "turbo_multi" have to do with how many items are skipped when you use 'Previous' and 'Next' instead of normal navigation per item. But haven't tried it. It seems to be the same as the items per page, so it will skip to the next page while browsing.