Author Topic: wdtv stuffed my passport drive  (Read 5526 times)

January 16, 2009, 10:50:18 PM
Read 5526 times

daz

I used my WD passport studio drive with my new WDTV and it worked great. Once I removed it, it will no longer be recognised by my macbook pro. And now when I reconnect it to the WDTV it says "USB device not recognised". Can anyone help?

January 17, 2009, 12:29:38 AM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Is it formatted in HFS+ ?   Some users have reported that it takes up to 10 minutes to recognize their drives.  Also with Mac drives you MUST eject it from the WDTV using the key on the remote!  If that does not work, try connecting it to another computer and if you can read the directories, delete the .wdtv folder   

I hope this helps!
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

January 17, 2009, 04:37:36 AM
Reply #2

daz

It's mac Os extended. Fortunately the drive did work after a few trips back and forth b/w wdtv and the mac.
It doesn't take long to recognise the drive - a few seconds.
Yeah I learnt you need to eject the drive first.

I'm really impressed with the variety of formats wdtv can handle - and the image quality is really good.
The one format I notice it can't play though is wmvfile  I have?

One other question I have is how you do you get the picture  thumbnail for the videos? Is that only for PC formated drives?

January 19, 2009, 02:14:40 AM
Reply #3

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Right now the WDTV does not support thumbnails in Video Files.  Only in Audio files.

What are the specs on the WMV file?  it does play some.  It mostly depends on the audio type contained.

LMK exactly what you have an I will see if I can help you.  There are ways to convert your WMV to MKV as well.

Post the WMV questions in the video section :)
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.