Author Topic: Converting WMV files to play on the WDTV  (Read 15285 times)

February 10, 2009, 04:53:25 AM
Read 15285 times

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
For anyone who wants to experiment with converting WMVHD VC-1 WMA Pro toa playable file, try these steps. An 8 Gb 1080p WMV takes about 12 minutes on a fast PC.

You need two programs: SUPER Converter and XVID4PSP (Google them) both are free.

-Super converter: choose MKV as the container, Stream Copy the Video, Disable Audio
-XVID4PSP: open WMV and DISABLE Video, Put Audio on AC3 640k, press Encode
-Choose Tools from XVID4PSP and start TSMUXER. Now open both the WMV file you got in step one and the AC3 file you got in step 2 and MUX them into a TS file.

The resulting TS file will play perfectly on the WD, as is the 8 Gb file doing now. Just delete the MKV and the AC3 file.
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

March 28, 2009, 05:19:22 AM
Reply #1

groove_timer

Hi Jayallan,

i tried this process but the audio and movie ts file that was created is out of sync. Any tips what to check to fix this?

Thanks

Craig

April 03, 2009, 01:21:13 PM
Reply #2

Monteplus3

Hello, I tried this process, my machine pretty much ran all night to process, but now I cannot find any output for the audio AC3 file.  I found the output file for the video converted to MKV, but without the AC3 file I cannot take the final step for the muxer.  Any idea what I should do from here, or why it did not covert the audio?  Also, I don't find the option for x264 Standalone BluRay on the dropdown, I only see x264: *scratchpad*.  Lastly, when I was setting it up, I set the output for a separate external hard drive than the one I was sourcing from (drive H as the output and drive G as the source), but the video conversion went to drive G (took a while to find it).  Any suggestions...I suppose I should try to convert only the audio the second time around, and the try to use the muxer?  Thanks.

April 03, 2009, 02:30:08 PM
Reply #3

Monteplus3

sorry, never mind regarding the part of not being able to fine the audio file converted to AC3, I failed to hit the Enqueue button before I started the process....I did this step separately and it went pretty fast.  As you can tell I'm feeling my way through this!

April 04, 2009, 02:59:39 PM
Reply #4

mrkleen

Just found this forum and glad I did.  We love our WDTV and one of the reasons we got it was to view our pics and videos from our digital camera.  Like other folks I have seen online though, we have an audio problem and it has not been resolved in the latest firmware release.

I use a Kodak cam that takes 720p video in .MOV format.  When played back, WD shows " Audio ch 1 (unsupported)"  I'm looking for a simple one-step audio track conversion process.  I've seen so many programs to convert that I am dizzy but I believe it can be done quickly and simply.  Any thoughts?  This is not high quality audio obviously, but the video is good and I don't want to touch it, if possible.

Any help greatly appreciated.

May 19, 2009, 05:11:20 AM
Reply #5

mishkin

Just found this forum and glad I did.  We love our WDTV and one of the reasons we got it was to view our pics and videos from our digital camera.  Like other folks I have seen online though, we have an audio problem and it has not been resolved in the latest firmware release.

I use a Kodak cam that takes 720p video in .MOV format.  When played back, WD shows " Audio ch 1 (unsupported)"  I'm looking for a simple one-step audio track conversion process.  I've seen so many programs to convert that I am dizzy but I believe it can be done quickly and simply.  Any thoughts?  This is not high quality audio obviously, but the video is good and I don't want to touch it, if possible.

Any help greatly appreciated.
I have the same problem. Can anyone help?

June 11, 2009, 07:43:46 AM
Reply #6

nfshp253

• My neglected website
Why don't you use this? Tool for WMV/WMA Pro to MKV/AC3 conversion: http://www.sipper.nl/setup.exe
Requirements:
-latest PCH firmware (with MKV/VC1 support)
-Haali Media Splitter
Tested on XP and Vista. You need to be an administrator when installing!

From: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=11991
"Religion is a fabrication of the human mind" -anonymous
"Promises are made to be broken" - Me!

April 11, 2011, 07:23:32 PM
Reply #7

nicejane

have you tried bigasoft total video converter?
Optimized by NVIDIA® CUDA computing technology, Bigasoft Total Video Converter accelerates conversion to revolutionary fast. Converting video now is in minutes.

it can achieve video conversion between a wide range of video formats  including ,MKV, WMV, TS, MPEG-2, AVI, Xvid, DivX, H.264, MP4, 3GP, RM, FLV, MOV, WebM, VP8, 720p, 1080p, 1080i HD, AVCHD videos and more.

it can  also  convert between audio files like MP3, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA, etc. Moreover, it can extract audio from video and music video by only a few clicks.

it  is equipped with advanced editing function. It enables to adjust audio volume, rotate video, add audio track and subtitle for video, increase artistic effects for video, add image or text watermark for video, split video, merge videos into one, trim and crop video, capture preferable picture from video and more.

Windows version at http://www.bigasoft.com/total-video-converter.html?xwd

mac version at http://www.bigasoft.com/total-video-converter-mac.html?xwd

August 03, 2011, 10:53:01 PM
Reply #8

tomjame

Bigasoft Total Video Converter http://www.bigasoft.com/total-video-converter-mac.html is announced to fully support Mac OS X 10.7 after the full test by Bigasoft’s technicians. Few crash were found during numerous installation and launching, video conversion of many video formats including MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, MPEG, Xvid, DivX, H.264, 3GP, WMV, FLV, MOD, TOD, WTV, WebM, AVCHD, HD videos, as well as video merge, crop and other video editing operations. Besides, Bigasoft Total Video Converter also supports some cool features of those Mac OS X Lion provides such as Launchpad, Full-Screen Apps, The Mac App Store, Mission Control.
The promoted to be the most advanced desktop operating system Mac OS X advances even further with 250 new features with the launch of OS X Lion. Especially the features Launchpad, Full-Screen Apps, The Mac App Store, Mission Control, Mail, and Multi-Touch Gestures will again bring revolutionary convenience and efficiency to people’s work and entertainment and will advance the way people were operating computer. For Mac OS X software developers they will also need to devote to keep with the tide to make their software to be compatible with the most trended computer system to provide their customers’ convenience and efficiency to operating their software under Mac OS X Lion.
First of all, Bigasoft Total Video Converter supports the OS X lion new feature of Mac App Store.  There are thousands of apps on Mac App Store and is one simple way to get them. Bigasoft Total Video Converter on the Mac App Store is your ideal video conversion as well as video editing tools which is capable of handling broad video and audio formats with a built in video editor, so you can convert freely, convert as well as crop, merge, trim video freely. Other features you might know of Bigasoft Total Video Converter is that it presets many optimized video for many portable devices, iPad, iPhone, iPod, mobile phone and so on.
Secondly, Bigasoft Total Video Converter supports the features of LaunchPad. LaunchPad makes all your apps to be all in one place. Just download Bigasoft Total Video Converter from the Mac App Store; it automatically appears in Launchpad, ready to blast off.

Bigasoft Total Video Converter also supports the Mac OS Lion features of Full-Screen Apps, Mission Control, Mail, and Multi-Touch Gestures. It is that easy and enjoyable to operate Bigasoft Total Video Converter on Mac OS X lion.
Now, why wait now, start download Bigasoft Total Video Converter from Mac App Store and happy converting with Bigasoft Total Video Converter.