Author Topic: Bug 1.05.04_v Issues with ISO-files  (Read 2147 times)

June 08, 2011, 03:42:09 AM
Read 2147 times

La2211

Hello.

I've just bought the WD TV Live. According to the specs of this little device, it should be able to play ISO files.
I want my entire DVD collection on external harddrive(S) in ISO format and to do that, I'm using DVD Cloner 8. That was the easy part.

Most of the ISO files work perfectly while I'm having issues with others.

1.) I get this a lot: Unable to play selected file. Please refer to the user manual.
Well, the file works fine on my computer in VLC Player. Restarting the WD TV Live usually solves the problem.

2.) The ISO files are full 1:1 copies (with menues and bonus material etc.) but sometimes the menu is skipped and the WD Live goes straight to playback even if auto resume has been disabled. That is especially annoying when I want to see a certain episode of let's say Sons of Anarchy, The West Wing or Lost, you name it and I also want to have Danish subtitles.
I'll have to use the remote and go back to the DVD Menu and start all over and make my selections.

3.) The picture sometimes freezes or 'stutters' during playback and most times, the playback will resume when WD Live snaps out it :-)

So what's up with that? Are we talking about known firmware bugs or could there maybe something wrong with my device?
Would I be better off forgetting all about the ISO's and make high quality DivX instead? I know it's gonna take way more time but I really want this to work :-/

I look forward to hear from you.
Cheers,
L. Andersen, Denmark.

January 12, 2014, 05:40:29 PM
Reply #1

aa0nn

I have a file server with ripped .iso files, but I am in the process of converting them to .mkv files with Handbrake.  I have found that I after the first viewing, I do not usually watch the extra features.  I usually only watch the movie itself.  The way I convert the files, they only take up about 20% of the drive space and the quality is still very good.  I think 19 TB of storage is enough for awhile.  :D

April 12, 2014, 05:06:55 PM
Reply #2

spence22

I have found that large [over 10 GB or 10 MBps bitrate] file cause the WDTV live to lock up  >:(. Sometimes I have to re-power the WDTV live box [reboot], sometimes if I pause it, then it might recover :D. I believe that it has too small of a processor and maybe not enough ram. I wish they would make a more powerful WDTV live and add PLEX then it might be the best of them all!  :o

April 12, 2014, 08:36:40 PM
Reply #3

Techflaws

• Tech Flaws - Things Can Only Get Better
It's playing my 75 GB rip of LOTR 3 just fine.