I am having some major troubles trying to access shared folders from windows 7 to wdtv live..
I have the WDLXTV-LIVE 0.4.7.3 (Based on 1.03.49)
I went thru the whole guide of making sure all the permissions and settings were right on windows 7 from using this guide.
Win7 (and Vista) has some issues broadcasting its availability on a network.
You could try these changes to your Win7 box:-
Firstly, configure Sharing and Discovery:
1. Navigate to the Network and Sharing Center via the Control Panel
2. Click on the down arrow icons and select ON/OFF as follows:
Network Discovery - ON
File Sharing - ON
Public Folder Sharing - OFF
Printer Sharing - ON
Password Protected Sharing - OFF
Media Sharing - OFF
Next, configure the folder you want to share:
1. Select the folder
2. Right-click and choose 'Share' from the menu
3. From the drop-down box select the Everyone (All users in this list) account, making sure permissions are set to 'Reader'
4. Click the buttons Add, Share and Done.
Here are some further registry 'tweaks' if this doesn't work:
WARNING: This requires editing your PC's registry which, if edited incorrectly, can cause Windows systems to become unstable and unusable. So, follow the instructions below at your own risk. - we are not responsible for any damage caused by following these steps.
1. Navigate to the following location in the registry editor.
2. On the right side, double-click on 'everyoneincludesanonymous' and change the 'Value data' from '0' to '1'
3. Double-click on 'NoLmHash' and change the 'Value data' from '1' to '0'
4. Navigate to the following location in the registry editor:
5. Double-click on 'restrictnullsessaccess' and change the 'Value data' from '1' to '0'
6. Close the registry editor
Finally, restart your PC.
It worked once then I turn off the wdtv for the night and come back and it stopped working.. I went to make sure nothing changed on windows 7 and it was all still good..
I then thought I would try the NFS way and I used this guidehttp://mrlazy.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/how-to-setup-nfs-shares-on-wd-tv-using-hanewin/
I install Hanewin and set it up like I am suppose and restart the server
I then telnet into my wdtv with no problems but then when I put in
xmount 192.168.1.7:/Movies Movies nfs
i get this error
/apps/nfs/bin/portmap: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("
mount: mounting 192.168.1.7:/Movies on /tmp/media/usb/Movies failed:iput/output error
My exports file in HANEWIN reads
Any ideas on what the problem may be.. thank you..
OH it is a Wired Connection with full connection to internet as well..