Author Topic: BUG V1.02.08 Large Playlists are now very slow & other playlist issues  (Read 835 times)

May 23, 2009, 03:03:39 AM
Read 835 times

Big Time Dave

Hello,
  I primarily use the Media Player as a replacement for my 2 400 CD players.   I have some large playlists of around a 1000 songs that I like to let shuffle.  After loading 1.02.08, there are 1 sometimes 2 minute pauses when selecting a playlist and when navigating through the songs.  There is also about a minute delay between songs when playing the playlist.
  I'm still having an ongoing issue with songs and artists with special characters, like or , not showing up in the playlists.  They appear in other areas on the Media Player, but when I add those songs to a playlist they do not show up in the playlist on the Media Player.
  One other ongoing issue I've report that hasn't been addressed is;  folders for some artists like U2, INXS or AC-DC are created in upper case on my PC but the Media Player folder view shows them in lower case (u2, inxs, ac-dc).  When I include their songs in a playlist, the playlist files has them in upper case on the PC but since the Media Player indexes them in lower case they do not show up in the playlist on the Media Player.

I'm using MP3 320 files and M3U playlists.

May 25, 2009, 03:45:55 AM
Reply #1

Big Time Dave

I had some time to experiment and discovered that the window playlist files (.wpl) will play the special characters on the Media Player.
It is still running really slow between songs, playlists, navigating songs & responding to the remote (Next, back options...)
I still havinging the upper/lower case issue.

May 25, 2009, 08:22:23 PM
Reply #2

Suggestologist

I have a similar issue when using the "Search" function.

After searching, and pressing enter to selecting a video from the list created by the search, it takes 10 to 20 seconds to start playing the file.

I don't have this problem when playing directly from the folder the same file is in.

I have about 7,000 video files on my main hard drive at this point, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.