Author Topic: selling out!  (Read 1850 times)

June 02, 2011, 12:06:36 AM
Read 1850 times

ibleedspeed

well i have had my wdtv g2 for about 8 months and was considering stepping up to the live+. until i realized i wanted much more then wdtv could offer. after careful research i have decided to step up to an hdi dune duo media player. i will pay out of pocket bigtime but it does everything i want. and holds 4 tb internally with 3 other usb ports for up to 10 tb total storage. and or an external optical drive for disc playback. it plays full bluray menus and dvd menus. has a tv tuner card slot, streams,plays almost all formats, and for the kicker has an app for using moviesheets. i just couldnt bring myself to settle for cheapness over functionality. the wdtv opened up the door for me to become a media streamer fan but falls short of my new desires. i have already filled 2 tb of dvd iso's and another 1 tb of blurays. this is a big step in replacing all my xvid and x264 rips with full iso copys. despite hating the fbi warnings and trailers i have been without dvd and bd menus too long and realized how much i miss the crispy beautiful menus. so i am selling out!! its been enlightning to be a member here and learned a lot. but the grass is greener in the hdi dune world. peace out.

July 03, 2011, 10:14:24 PM
Reply #1

ibleedspeed

wow this forum is all but dead! i posted this so long ago and its still at the top of the list.lol. wdtv is dead. still have not been able to shell out the dough for the dune player and came here looking for help to fix terrible iso playback on my gen 2 but dont expect to get any help since this forum is like a ghost town. sucks i cant watch so many of my iso movies until i get the dune arrgh.

July 16, 2011, 09:37:14 PM
Reply #2

Rokk3006

lol...you seem to have a lot of issues, but I can tell you the media player is not to blame. It plays dvd isos and bluray files just fine, as well as most other video, audio, and picture files. We use it all the time with our two my passport usb drives. It's simple to download whatever we want to watch, put it on a passport drive, hook the drive to the media player, and use the simple remote to browse to the right directory. It plays the srt/.ass/.ssa/sub files fine whether they are integrated in an mkv or loaded with an .avi or other file format. We've been using it for a couple of years now with our 1080p 40" hdtv connected via hdmi. I'm not surprised these forums aren't used more, as forums are mainly used by people who have PROBLEMS, and if you read reviews by users on most retail sites, you will find more than 90% are extremely happy with their WD media players and have no issues. I only came across the forums because I was looking at WD's price for a spare remote, and decided it wasn't worth the over $30 with shipping, when I can buy a brand-new WD Live player for only $90....less than $60 more. As my roommate sometimes borrows the player to use in his room, leaving me without my player, a second player is an investment I will likely make soon. And it will DEFINITELY be another WD, as most other players have serious issues with file compatibility or clunky browsing. Only WD gets it right consistently.