Author Topic: 1.03.49-0.4.7.3 toubles with sheets and files/folders with accents  (Read 1271 times)

May 27, 2011, 08:39:10 AM
Read 1271 times

fredkln

Hello all,
Since I've upgraded my WDTVL with the 1.03.49_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.7.3 fw, every movies or folders named with accents dont't display sheets. Worst, inside every folder contaning accents in their name, no sheets are displayed at all, even for the files or folders without any accent.

But if I leave the WDTVL on for about half an hour, the sheets appear eventually.

So I don't understand why it can't show those sheets on startup.

I tried a lot of cold reboots, with or without the HD plugged in, but it doesn't change anything.

It happened also with previous releases, but only from time to time, and a single cold reboot would fix the thing.
With the 0.4.7.3 release, nothing helps.

did I miss something in the options ?

All the thumbnails are correctly displayed, only sheets are concerned.

May 27, 2011, 12:20:42 PM
Reply #1

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Are you using LinkSheets?  It does take quite a while for 1.03.49 to scan the drives and cache the sheets.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

May 28, 2011, 03:00:04 AM
Reply #2

fredkln

Yes, I am using Linksheets, since it's the only way to have sheets with this release.
And I know it's sloooooow to cache the files.
But for regular named files and folders, they are displayed everytime after few seconds.

Yesterday, the sheets for files with accents only appeared 30 minutes after warm up.
Then I powered off the wdtv, and turned it on few hours later, and no sheets for those files were displayed.
I watched a two hours movie, and at the end, those sheets were still invisible.

May 30, 2011, 06:50:52 AM
Reply #3

fredkln

Another thing I've noticed since last upgrade, and maybe related to the sheets problem :
when I start the WDTV, and go to Video / Local Drives / USB, I see TWO hard drives instead of one.
One is named "My Passport", the other is named "My.Passport".
If I select the one with dot, I got an "no media" error message.

I think I recall that the sheets for files with accents appear well when there is only one HD detected on startup.
If I boot and see two HD, then the sheets don't appear.
I don't understand where the "second" HD comes from !

Another thing :
I just saw a 1.03.49_V-EXT3-Boot-Live-0.4.7.3 release.
I thought there would never be an EXT3 release with last WD fw, so I'm kinda confused.
Can I install this one to get rid of Linksheets ?
Does it handle mkv with compressed headers ?
My previous fw were EXT3,and were way faster than the ones with Linksheets.

June 02, 2011, 01:49:25 PM
Reply #4

fredkln

just noticed that this thread should be moved in "WDTV LIVE Homebrew / Custom Firmware" section