Author Topic: Modifying the S00custom-options on WDLXTV 4.1.9  (Read 1895 times)

May 04, 2011, 12:20:48 AM
Read 1895 times

cochran191

I need help modifying the S00custom-options on WDLXTV 4.1.9 to enable movie sheets.  I have found some contradicting information on what exactly I need to add to this file and how to get the file working on the device.  I used ThumbGen to make the sheets if that matters.

1.  I was told to add this to the S00custom-options file but it doesn't say where to add it to. 

#Enable Movie Sheets
    config_tool -c SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0
    config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=sheet
    config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
    config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
    config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON

2.  I was also told by one person but not another that I needed to install MSheet before they will work even if I've modded the S00custom-options file.  Is the installation necessary or will it work just fine if I don't install it?

3.  I was also told that I would have to have the new S00custom-options file on the HDD at all times.  Is this true or can I replace the original file and reinstall the firmware to have it updated to not require the file to be on the HDD at all times?

May 04, 2011, 05:55:41 PM
Reply #1

cochran191

Figured it out.  I found a post on another website that gave me the step by step directions on how to do it.  Another question I have  is how to modify the background image.  I tried just putting a new villa_bg.jpg  on my thumb drive but it didn't work.  Is there a way to change it by modifying the S00custom file to update it?