Author Topic: No HDMI output.  (Read 2441 times)

March 31, 2011, 03:58:58 AM
Read 2441 times

gregw

Hi all
I've been delighted with my WD TV live since I purchased it last year and have no problems whatsoever until last week. I'm sure my problems started with the latest firmware upgrade.

My config:

WD TV Live Release 1.04.22 (3/8/2011)
HDMI 1.3 cable
Panasonic Viera TX - L26X20B

Suddenly, the TV isn't displaying any input from the WD's HDMI output. The composite option works fine and if I set the box to output any of the modes I still get no display via my HDMI input. There are 3 on the Panasonic and the same issue on all of them. My Panasonic DVD Recorder works  via the HDMI and the TV will display 720p/50hz 1080i/50Hz so these resoluions are supported.

I've downgraded the WD's firmware twice, reset to factory defaults, pressed the reset button for 1 second to reset, 20 seconds to change from NTSC/PAL but yet it no longer works on a HDMI display.

Any suggestions?

April 09, 2011, 11:38:21 AM
Reply #1

hobbitjack

I am also getting this, it was working fine, i then connected a new 10m hdmi cable to my projector and at first the wdtv home screen had a green tint. It then lost signal, came back 10 seconds later still with the green tint, then went away again.

I also had my headphones connected to the av out on the wdtv for about an 2hours, just read now its not a good idea.

So i unplugged the 10m cable, connected my 1.2m cable and it just doesn't output anything now.

I have tried a combination of hdmi cables and 3 different tv's 1 Panasonic plasma, one Samsung LCD and one Sharp LCD. Connecting to the composite works fine.

I tried connecting the composite, going into the video/audio settings on wdtv and changing the output to hdmi/720p, but it just goes back to composite.

I have also tried the 1 second reset and a factory reset.

Any ideas? I've had to borrow another wdtv live which works fine.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:49:52 AM by hobbitjack »

April 09, 2011, 11:45:27 PM
Reply #2

thumper42

hey gregw,

I just had a problem with hdmi after a year with no problems but i managed to get it working and all it took was rebooting both the tv and wdtvlive. hope it helps!

Take care, thumper42.

April 11, 2011, 03:04:05 AM
Reply #3

hobbitjack

Thanks thumper. I have tried this a few times now, but still nothing.

April 12, 2011, 07:24:00 AM
Reply #4

thepanoguy

I have seen the problem in a friendís Panasonic Plasma TV. There is nothing wrong with the HDMI cables. The problem is that the Panasonic TV HDMI in is not recognising the WDTV Live HDMI out. With the Panasonic TV you will get the WDTV Live boot logo display then nothing; it usually goes black and stays black. The WDTV Live box is generating a resolution that the Panasonic TV does not recognise.

You will need to use both the HDMI and composite video, preferable the component cable, to set up the Panasonic TV. Consult your Panasonic TV manual, go into both the Panasonic TV and WDTV Live box video resolution setups and play around with the settings. Sorry; I cannot tell you which settings to use.

April 13, 2011, 05:08:51 AM
Reply #5

hobbitjack

Spoke to WD support and its going back for replacement under warranty.

Didnt realise they have 2 year warranty.