Author Topic: My WDTV won't read my goflex 3tb. i need help!  (Read 1815 times)

March 19, 2011, 03:18:01 AM
Read 1815 times

yukex

There is any way a Seagate freeagent go flex 3tb, to be reading in a 1Gen WDTV. I been trying to make it work by formatting it in two partition but nothing, I had change the allocation unit sides by 4k and also do a quick format changing the units to 512k, but nothing. The WDTV will not read the drive at all. I am getting a WDTVHD+ later on, maybe this would work, but as now, I have no idea how to make it work.
It has been weeks now that I had been looking for the answer but nothing. I donít know if the b-rad firmware allow to read this types of devices.
I am not a geek expert on this little device but I would like some inputs from those expertises in the material. I would really appreciate.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:41:53 AM by yukex »

May 04, 2011, 03:28:51 PM
Reply #1

punkcitykid

don't waste your time...I have the WDTV live and I partitioned the 3tb drive, but I still get error messages saying the device does not support HD's over 2 TB

October 16, 2011, 01:51:21 PM
Reply #2

alochet

I have the gen 2 wdhd and have the same problem with my 2.5tb WD elements drive

I used Easeus partition manager created two partitions without destroying the data on it. One of them is a 1.80gb partition and I left the rest unallocated for now. I plugged it in the wdhd and poof it showed up with my videos. :)