Author Topic: USBstick, realy slow mounting :-/  (Read 2598 times)

April 01, 2009, 06:05:21 AM
Read 2598 times

IzNoGooD

Hello again,

I've recently used a Creative MuVo TX 256MB, to handle the firmware when inserted the wdtv, but because of the limited space, I decided to buy a new stick. The new one is a Kingston Usbstick 1GB, and I am having problems with it, so maybe you people can help me.

When inserted wdtv with same settings and firmware, mounting a 1TB HDD takes over an hour, testet twice.. I don't realy know if i takes more than an hour because I shut down the wdtv. The Kingston usbstick is formatted with fat32, and like I wrote, it has copied firmware from the other stick. The difference I've noticed, is that with the creative MuVo the mounting procedure only take 22min, same settings.

This is my mount setup on firmware VERSION='1.01.02.ext3-boot.0.8.5.2, also testet with latest firmware.
#

# Example net.mounts file to demonstrate auto-mounting
# of network shares

# Mount a windows file share (must be done by IP address)

# xmount //192.168.0.33/ShareName ShareName cifs

#  if your "guest" account is disabled, you must supply username and password
# xmount //192.168.0.34/ShareName ShareName cifs user=username,pass=password

# Mount a NFS share

# xmount 192.168.0.44:/nfsroot ShareName nfs

# Notice that we no longer need to modprobe, nor create the directory.
# That is handled for us by xmount.

# Also note that if you store a net.mounts file in /conf/ then it will ALSO
# execute on startup.
xmount 192.168.1.2:/HDD1 HDD1 nfs

Does anyone know why this is happening ?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:07:11 AM by IzNoGooD »

April 01, 2009, 09:01:20 AM
Reply #1

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
Hello again,

I've recently used a Creative MuVo TX 256MB, to handle the firmware when inserted the wdtv, but because of the limited space, I decided to buy a new stick. The new one is a Kingston Usbstick 1GB, and I am having problems with it, so maybe you people can help me.

When inserted wdtv with same settings and firmware, mounting a 1TB HDD takes over an hour, testet twice.. I don't realy know if i takes more than an hour because I shut down the wdtv. The Kingston usbstick is formatted with fat32, and like I wrote, it has copied firmware from the other stick. The difference I've noticed, is that with the creative MuVo the mounting procedure only take 22min, same settings.

wait a sec here, you're saying the when you boot your wdtv (with ext3-boot?) it takes an hour for your 1TB to come online? and 22min for the muvo?

You're right in thinking somethings wrong, is there anything interesting in the logs?

April 01, 2009, 09:05:37 AM
Reply #2

3dxr

• Global Moderator

first he should disable library and device should be mount imediatly but
indexing take longer ( creating metadata for medialibrary and scanning for new filex and updating )

speed should be dependent on amount of files located on media I am using many GB disk and mounting ( popup bar on top ) is there
few seconds less then minute - I am not using media library and thumbnails.

You should try

April 01, 2009, 09:14:40 AM
Reply #3

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
I've plugged a 750 i have in with hundreds of movies and thousands of mp3's and it was fully scanned in minutes...with media library on.

April 01, 2009, 10:36:42 AM
Reply #4

IzNoGooD

wait a sec here, you're saying the when you boot your wdtv (with ext3-boot?) it takes an hour for your 1TB to come online? and 22min for the muvo?

You're right in thinking somethings wrong, is there anything interesting in the logs?
I'm only using the MuVo as an usbstick, what kind of log should I post?

April 01, 2009, 10:49:07 AM
Reply #5

IzNoGooD

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:53:30 AM by IzNoGooD »