Author Topic: WDTV Live - Audio cuts out for a second then starts again, occurs randomly  (Read 3988 times)

February 08, 2011, 11:13:58 PM
Read 3988 times

ennzed

I recently picked up a WDTV Live and I'm having some issues with the audio. I have it running the HDMI cable directly to my TV, and the output set to stereo. While watching a video the sound will randomly cut out for a second, then start playing again, this happens every 10-20 minutes. I've updated the firmware to the latest version, tried playing MKV files and divx files, both from local drives (WD Passport drives), and streaming across the network from my pc, and the issue occurs across all of them.

February 09, 2011, 01:16:40 AM
Reply #1

franks

• DeSpammer

Have you tried a different HDMI cable between the WDTV Live and the television? Or tried plugging in to a different HDMI port on your television? Those are easy things to check first.  I have a WDTV Live with firmware 1.04.17 and I'm not having the audio problems that you describe.

April 09, 2012, 01:10:59 PM
Reply #2

humblehyper

i have the same problem it's a brand new unit. It cuts off for a few seconds and resume, all the movies I've tested does it, I didnt have this problem with my first generation WDTV player.

Has anyone else having this problem?