Author Topic: Converting only an audio track  (Read 1391 times)

May 19, 2009, 04:29:31 AM
Read 1391 times

mishkin

Hi. I've copied some videos from my camera onto my WDTV. The video works fine but the audio is not supported. Is there a way to just convert the audio track only? Because I don't want to convert the video.

June 16, 2009, 10:52:38 PM
Reply #1

breadfan

• tvcatchup.com
Hi, one way to convert the audio (from DTS for instance) is to use PopCorn MKV AudioConverter. Depending on the audio stream from your camera, this will probably work.

Here is the link to a tutorial on it's use http://audioconverter.heartware.dk/Tutorial/

This is excellent software, I have used it to sort all of my DTS MKVs.
It coverts the audio to AC3 and leaves the video stream alone.
It needs several tools to function (MKVToolnix etc) which the software will guide you through.

June 22, 2009, 05:21:40 PM
Reply #2

Dvdgeek

I find the easiest way is to use Megui. It converts the audio file to pretty much wahtever you want. I tend to convert AAC to AC3 and then merge with MKVmerge selecting the original video file and the new AC3 file.

For Megui In the audio input field select the whole video file, and for the audio output select the file type and encoder. I usually select AC3 using the Aften encoder. This keeps the original file untouched and creates an AC3 file.

In MKVmerge, select the original video file and AC3 file. This will then give you the option of 1x video track and 2x audio tracks. Select the video track and new AC3 track and merge togethor! Done!!