Author Topic: No sound on WD LIVE player with couple of MKV files?  (Read 3925 times)

January 10, 2011, 01:33:07 AM
Read 3925 times

shazza6887

Hey Guys i have an WD LOVE player with B Rads firmware installed it has been laying all my content fine however a couple of movies i have just got play but with no sound. They are in MKV format the first movie has 2 tracks one is english DTS and has another track is dutch AC3 both of which have no sound. The other movie just says track  (und) i have the player hooked up to the tv with an hdmi cable. I have tried setting it to didgital but this causes all my other movies not to work as well as these particular 2. Any ideas ne1? Thank you,

January 12, 2011, 06:40:35 AM
Reply #1

azurabena

No sound for ac3 audio playing?  are you sure your MKV movie can play with sound on computer? If it is not the problem of your MKV movie, try to convert them into MKV AAC files.

January 12, 2011, 08:20:39 AM
Reply #2

RavRob

• DeSpammer

This is caused by Header Compression that is not compatible with the older version of WDTV firmware.  About 3 ways to fix this.

1 - upgrade to 1.03.39 WDLXTV 0.4.5.3.  This has the Header Compression fixed.  You can also upgrade to the factory firmware.

2 - Use MKV Merge to remux your bad MKV files ensuring the compression header is turn to none or off for both the audio and video

3 - use this http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=6897.15 and follow the instructions.  This could be the easiest way I have used.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television