Author Topic: 1.04.17_V - WDTV Live loses HDMI signal when TV in standby mode  (Read 2389 times)

January 05, 2011, 11:51:03 PM
Read 2389 times

getresults

Has anyone else struck this problem?

It has been happening to me for the last 2 beta releases and the latest 2 official releases.

I can start the WDTV Live just fine but if I finish watching something and put my LG 42" LCD tv on standby, when I come back and turn it on the TV always shows "No Signal" and there is absolutely no way to restart the HDMI connection without powering the WDTV Live off at the wall.

Using the remote to turn the WDTV Live on and off doesn't work.  Turning the TV on and off doesn't work.  The HDMI signal is gone and there's no way to get it back.

It is *extremely* annoying having to turn the WDTV Live off and on at the wall every time I want to use it.

Anyone seen this problem?

It might possibly be an issue with the LG TV - I remember someone from WD stating that many TV manufacturers don't properly support the HDMI format and they had to work around issues as a result.

But... it was working fine up until about 2 months ago.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

January 05, 2011, 11:53:34 PM
Reply #1

getresults

Oh, I see some others do have the same problem - apologies for the double post.

On the one hand it's nice to know it's not my TV.

On the other I'm annoyed yet again and the stupid bugs that WDTV constantly seem to introduce into their product in new firmware "upgrades". 

Arrrgh.

January 14, 2011, 12:06:46 PM
Reply #2

getresults