Author Topic: WDTV Software Update 1.02.08  (Read 51557 times)

May 18, 2009, 12:54:58 PM
Read 51557 times

3dxr

• Global Moderator

Change log:

This is a prerelease version of the firmware. Feel free to install it but be aware this is beta firmware so use it at your own risk. If you are not comfortable with this, please wait for the final version.

Bugs fixed in 1.02.08:
-Some characters still missing from Greek font
-VC-1 MKVs playback poorly
-Audio out of sync during MKV playback
-10 Minute FF and REV doesn't work during MKV playback
-Audio clipping issues

source : http://twitter.com/srader
fw directlink : http://bit.ly/1apxkR

thx to blackie84
cool fw contain also change log ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:43:56 PM by jayallan »

May 18, 2009, 10:46:56 PM
Reply #1

ozzy-tr

what about More audio formats for MKV container ?
Her aşk mazi olur..

May 18, 2009, 11:48:29 PM
Reply #2

rataweb

Great!!!

Updating new firmware...  ;D

May 19, 2009, 01:59:30 AM
Reply #3

MacSimon

Best to get the current ones playing right first.

May 19, 2009, 02:09:19 AM
Reply #4

Mr Lazy

• Mr Lazy
I know this is only a bug-fix release, but I'm both very pleased and surprised that WD TV (pre)released this so soon after the last one.
Gen1, ext3-boot, Belkin AX88178 Gigabit adapter, Synology DS109 NAS

How-to setup WD TV with NFS shares

May 19, 2009, 03:23:18 AM
Reply #5

daskino

impressive fw update track record they are building here. has any1 ever seen a big hardware produce being so committed to fw updates in response to forum users?

May 19, 2009, 03:32:42 AM
Reply #6

sparky909

impressive fw update track record they are building here. has any1 ever seen a big hardware produce being so committed to fw updates in response to forum users?

D*mn straight. I wholeheartedly agree, and when i saw this forum and the previous firmware history comment and progression it was actually what CONVINCED me to buy the WDTV a few weeks back. Until then i was going to go Popcorn hour. But the responsive and (seemingly) enthusiastic approach by the team at WD pushed me to purchase and i have no regrets. In fact - have recommended the box (albeit on FW 2.03...) to 2 others who just picked them up from PCWorld in the UK, along with a passport drive (like me!). So its going viral.... :-)

I think WD are onto a winning combo here - good/responsive support and a product which grows in ability is a nobrainer for folks to buy. And they get the bonus of most us buying passport drives to work with the boxes as well. As a business proposition they must be very happy with this business unit -- im hoping they give the WDTV Team (or dev guys) a big bonus this year!

On that note - other than this forum - who can we express our thanks to for ongoing commmittment to the product releases (without spamming them i mean)? Or is that the job of the forum leaders?

- s

May 19, 2009, 06:21:56 AM
Reply #7

ruddevil

1.02.07 took a week from being pre-release to final release. I think I'll wait for another week. If they can keep the updates / bug fixes regularly (twice a month), I'd be the happiest man on earth.

May 19, 2009, 10:34:07 AM
Reply #8

jasp

Just updated my player to this latest build and i was very pleasantly surprised that i can now play .iso files and vob file playback is greatly improved!!

I still have issues with *some* mkv files but i'm sure this will be fixed with future firmwares.

May 19, 2009, 10:53:41 AM
Reply #9

3dxr

• Global Moderator

thx for info this info wasnt in change log ;)
was so strange release only few fixes after so long time:p

May 19, 2009, 12:29:49 PM
Reply #10

gmanvbva

Just updated my player to this latest build and i was very pleasantly surprised that i can now play .iso files and vob file playback is greatly improved!!

I still have issues with *some* mkv files but i'm sure this will be fixed with future firmwares.

What issue were you having with the ISO files? The file size bug?

May 19, 2009, 12:33:52 PM
Reply #11

sda

Not being the devils advocate here, but..
I think that these issues (at least the ones fixed in this update) should not existed in the first place.
I am happy that the people at WD have finally weighted the input, and chose to do the fixes first.

Cheers

May 19, 2009, 01:04:17 PM
Reply #12

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo

Have you even tried the update?   ???
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

May 19, 2009, 01:05:22 PM
Reply #13

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo

On that note - other than this forum - who can we express our thanks to for ongoing commitment to the product releases (without spamming them i mean)? Or is that the job of the forum leaders?

- s

Don't worry they will see it here   :)

Jay
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

May 19, 2009, 01:18:06 PM
Reply #14

jasp

What issue were you having with the ISO files? The file size bug?

I couldn't play iso files at all

the issue i have with some mkv files is no audio