Author Topic: WDTV Live Network Share Access  (Read 3632 times)

December 26, 2010, 09:08:06 AM
Read 3632 times

yorks01742

I have been happily using the WDTV Live box with my Windows Vista machine until recently. I cannot attribute this specifically to the latest firmware update but it is a little coincidental. When I select videos I see my network share but as soon as I select it can sometimes take 5 minutes before it says no media found. if I restart the box it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't in seeing the list of shares. if I select a Media Share and then go back into network share this sometimes works but it takes 5-10 tries until i see my list of shares and there seems to be no pattern.

Also, on some AVI's it has suddenly started to pause after about 5 seconds, then restart 5-10 seconds later later in the movie fast forwarding.

This is really annoying but I need to figure out whether my server is on its way out - doesnt seem so - or if the new firmware update has caused this and I should roll back.

her's hoping someone can help...!

December 26, 2010, 09:25:39 AM
Reply #1

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Not sure about Vista but on Win7 after a software update that installed Windows Live Signup assistant (or something like that) members had a similar problem as you are experiencing.  See if you have that installed and un-install it if it is there.

Good luck.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

December 26, 2010, 02:26:54 PM
Reply #2

yorks01742

I dont have that option installed. I did some troubleshooting and it appears that if I do the manual login on the WDTV it works every time. When I change to automatic login on the WDTV it works for about 5 minutes but then after that it does not work it only works if I do the manual login again. If I look in the windows event log I can see that that account gets logged off. any thoughts?

January 04, 2011, 06:40:20 AM
Reply #3

Tinny510

Am using win7 and WDTV Live connected wirelessly...  i have had issues when it didnít want to communicate too!!!! But, and this works for me!
I open the windows media centre and set it to use the same library (= g:wdtv/movies) and this is my media server, then, let it do all the updating of new vids/movies i have placed in the g:    . I then close the media player and hey presto.... WDTV Live then finds all the media again.
I am guessing that the windows media player/centre, is controlling what goes out over the network. It maybe that the settings for win7 has allowed access out but windows media centre is holding up the new data. Might be worth a try.
Also....  in Win7 go> Network and sharing center / advance sharing settings / media streaming. In media streaming options, click on the WTV Live unit (icon of WDTV Live) also do this with the (wdtv media server icon), and if it is on (allowed access using default settings)  go:  =(make all of the media in my library available to this device) and check it
Hope it helps good luck :)
PS: havenít any issues with Windows live signup