Author Topic: No sound in QT trailers...  (Read 2616 times)

January 22, 2009, 01:15:49 AM
Read 2616 times

heiner.bremer

First of all thanks for setting up this forum! I hope it will grow soon to enable a vivid exchange of all WDTV owners.

I received my WDTV yesterday and encountered two problems (the other one I will post in another thread). I downloaded quite a few Quicktime movie trailers from Apple. But none of them plays with sound. The video itself plays without problems. Anyone had this problem, too? I saw some videos on the web in which people played QT trailers on their WDTV with sound. And as I tested several files without success it might be my box that's causing the trouble...

Thanks in advance for all your help!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:00:27 PM by jayallan »
WDTV firmware 1.01.02, connected via HDMI (video) and Toslink (sound)

January 22, 2009, 02:05:53 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
This could be any number of problems.  Need more info.  What is your setup?  are you running sound through your receiver via toslink or HDMI? Try setting your audio to stereo on the WDTV setup menu and see if that helps.  Also set up a toslink connection if you are able as the hdmi port is only 1.2 and cannot pass some audio.   

LMK if this helps.

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

January 22, 2009, 11:26:14 PM
Reply #2

heiner.bremer

Thanks for your input! As stated in my signature, I connected my TV via HDMI and my receiver via Toslink. I will try using the stereo option when I'm at home and post the result...

January 26, 2009, 05:32:13 AM
Reply #3

heiner.bremer

I set my audio to stereo and it really did the trick - although I don't see a reason for this behaviour... But nevertheless, thanks for the tip!

January 26, 2009, 01:39:47 PM
Reply #4

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Glad to hear it works!  I had to do the same thing.  :)
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.