Author Topic: SheetMaker for Linux  (Read 87233 times)

January 12, 2011, 03:51:26 PM
Reply #30

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

Hi Rev Drew,

Thanks for the encouragement, it's always nice to know that efforts are appreciated and considered to have some value.
Donations are not required, but thanks for the offer. The only expense is time and I enjoy producing something that others find useful. I'm also an advocate for free & open software for the masses.

I understand and commend you for those values.
however there are people that think good hard work like this should be rewarded, you likely don't live anywhere near me so I can't have you over for a beer..
I'd just like to throw you a few bucks so you can have a couple of beer (or beverage of your choice) on me to show my appreciation for your efforts
a token of my gratitude and perhaps some further inspiration to keep you going :)
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

January 12, 2011, 04:25:51 PM
Reply #31

alpo05

This program keeps getting better and better. With this and QtWiiGui, I no longer have the need to restart my computer for windows or to use virtualbox.
I see now your going to add TV Show sheet creation, nice. Now to find my Star Trek boxset, encode them, and get them ready for this new feature.
The WDTV *nix community is indebted to you for this great addition. Keep up the good work.

January 12, 2011, 11:56:50 PM
Reply #32

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Ooh, nice feedback guys ....  more! more! ...

Don't worry, I'm inspired.  ;D

January 13, 2011, 08:17:48 AM
Reply #33

snappy46

I might have found a bug with sheetmaker

I found that when I try to create a rss jukebox feed using Tivie2PlayOn application I get an error "access violation reading adresss 00000000" or something like that; I guess I should have wrote down the error ...duh!!!  Anyhow when I use thumbgen to create the moviesheet / .tgmd file everything worked fine.  Recreated the moviesheet / .tgmd with sheetmaker and now tixvie2Playon causes the same error again.  The only thing I can think of is that there is some issue with the .tgmd file ???? I haven't had much time last night to investigate; I will provide more info when I have some available.  Just curious if anyone else had similar issues.

Keep up the good work; I know that these thing are very time consuming.

January 13, 2011, 11:31:25 AM
Reply #34

DaChouffe

I found that when I try to create a rss jukebox feed using Tivie2PlayOn application I get an error "access violation reading adresss 00000000" or something like that; I guess I should have wrote down the error ...duh!!!  Anyhow when I use thumbgen to create the moviesheet / .tgmd file everything worked fine.  Recreated the moviesheet / .tgmd with sheetmaker and now tixvie2Playon causes the same error again.  The only thing I can think of is that there is some issue with the .tgmd file ???? I haven't had much time last night to investigate; I will provide more info when I have some available.  Just curious if anyone else had similar issues.

Hi snappy64,

Had the same problem, i changed the type of nfo to xmbc and removed the jukebox dir and index file.
To be sure, i also removed all info files and tgmd files in my movie maps.  8)
I think it's working now, the error did not show any more  ;D

But i thing something is going wrong with the creation of the nfo files, maybe it's a idea to integrate tvixie2playonhd into sheetmaker ;)

Hope it helped.

Cu

January 13, 2011, 02:32:22 PM
Reply #35

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi Guys,

This sounds a bit messy. I certainly did not have TViXie2Playon!HD in mind when writing this code, I don't use it so am not familiar with what it does. Documentation on the requirements and formats for these 'add-on' systems are usually very poor so often it is necessary to do a lot of reverse-engineering to try and integrate with them.

I'll certainly have a look at TViXie2Playon!HD and see what's necessary to 'play nice' with it.

January 13, 2011, 09:13:13 PM
Reply #36

snappy46

Hi snappy64,

Had the same problem, i changed the type of nfo to xmbc and removed the jukebox dir and index file.

But i thing something is going wrong with the creation of the nfo files, maybe it's a idea to integrate tvixie2playonhd into sheetmaker ;)

Hope it helped.

Cu

Thanks a lot DaChouffe for your inputs.  After trying different things I finally find out that my problem was cause by having in the profile setup of Tvixie2PlayonHD "use thumbgen .tgmd file to generate meta Data" check on.  Once I checked it off everything worked fine.  The trick is make sure that tvixie2PlayonHD does not try to generate a metadata movie.nfo file based on the .tgmd file or else it crashes.

@bunyip;  Don't sweat it; it's not much of a problem since SheetMaker already makes a movie.nfo file if selected in the options hence there are no requirement for tvixie2playonHD to create another one since it already exist.  Conclusion Sheetmaker works fine when tixvie2playonhd is setup properly.  I think that there might be a difference between the .tgmd file created by Sheetmaker and the one created by thumbgen since tvixie2playonHD has no issues when using the .tgmd created by thumbgen to create a .nfo file.

Looking forward to any improvement you might dream up in the next little while but I must say I am quite happy with Sheetmaker as it is right now.

January 14, 2011, 01:39:25 PM
Reply #37

DaChouffe

Hi snappy64,

Hope it helped.

Cu

Thanks a lot DaChouffe for your inputs.  After trying different things I finally find out that my problem was cause by having in the profile setup of Tvixie2PlayonHD "use thumbgen .tgmd file to generate meta Data" check on.  Once I checked it off everything worked fine.  The trick is make sure that tvixie2PlayonHD does not try to generate a metadata movie.nfo file based on the .tgmd file or else it crashes.

@bunyip;  Don't sweat it; it's not much of a problem since SheetMaker already makes a movie.nfo file if selected in the options hence there are no requirement for tvixie2playonHD to create another one since it already exist.  Conclusion Sheetmaker works fine when tixvie2playonhd is setup properly.  I think that there might be a difference between the .tgmd file created by Sheetmaker and the one created by thumbgen since tvixie2playonHD has no issues when using the .tgmd created by thumbgen to create a .nfo file.

Looking forward to any improvement you might dream up in the next little while but I must say I am quite happy with Sheetmaker as it is right now.

Youre right snappy64,

I did another test, and yes. The problem lies in the tgmd files. Now i works fine with the default nfo file..

Thanks

January 14, 2011, 02:59:35 PM
Reply #38

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
A possible cause ...

TViXie2Playon!HD is a Windows program and the TGMD file is constructed under Linux so the files contain tabs and Linux linefeed characters, whereas a Windows TGMD contains spaces and Windows CR/LF chars. But since they are XML files these differences are usually transparent and don't matter, but that would depend on how a specific program handles XML. I may have to 'windowify' (is that even a word) the files so that Windows programs don't get upset.

I'll continue to investigate this problem as a side issue, as its important to be able to mix 'n match your utility programs without inconsistencies.

(I still have to get TViXie2Playon!HD working though, it keeps crashing before I can even give it any data, but what can you expect - its Windows!  ::)).

January 14, 2011, 04:13:22 PM
Reply #39

snappy46

A possible cause ...

TViXie2Playon!HD is a Windows program and the TGMD file is constructed under Linux so the files contain tabs and Linux linefeed characters, whereas a Windows TGMD contains spaces and Windows CR/LF chars. But since they are XML files these differences are usually transparent and don't matter, but that would depend on how a specific program handles XML. I may have to 'windowify' (is that even a word) the files so that Windows programs don't get upset.

I'll continue to investigate this problem as a side issue, as its important to be able to mix 'n match your utility programs without inconsistencies.

(I still have to get TViXie2Playon!HD working though, it keeps crashing before I can even give it any data, but what can you expect - its Windows!  ::)).

Thanks a lot;  I like your theory I had similar problems when dealing with xml files for my media player.  I wander if you could not just use the linux shell command unix2dos after the .tmgd file has been created to resolve this issue ????  I will make some experimentation when I have a chance and let you know.

Also one thing I notice when using sheetmaker is that the thumbnail created (folder) is 500 x 750 pixels while thumbgen is 200 x 300 pixels. This make the file about twice the size has the one created by thumbgen.  On a moviewall of 3x8 (24 folder view) the difference in file size makes a huge difference in the amount of time it takes for the moviewall to show up although their look better.  I realise that a change to a lower resolution would involve a change in thumbscanner and I am not sure you can make changes to it.  It would be nice to have an option for different thumbnail size; I prefer smaller hence faster rendering.

On the other hand the movie sheet created by sheetmaker seem smaller than the one made by thumbgen; that's a good thing.

I am also looking into DaChouffe request regarding the conversion to bmp file and see if that can be accomplish using imagemagik.  I will let you know if I find anything.

Cheers !!!

January 14, 2011, 05:03:46 PM
Reply #40

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Snappy,

Hey, you're really taking a strong interest in this - that's great.

- Yes I had considered using unix2dos, but I prefer not to call another external utility when I can do it from within. Its just a matter of writing the windows format at the time of writing the files within perl.

- The resizing of the thumbnail is something I've been meaning to address. At the moment no sizing is done on the thumbnail its just copied from the original using it's original size so there is no standard size. I'll default the thumbnail size to 200x300 (maintaining original aspect ratio) in the next release and then provide a user specified size in later releases.

- As for changing the original 'Thumbscanner' rendering code - not an issue. I've already had to adjust much of the code so its beginning to become a distant relative of the original and 'jatimon' seems not to have the time to support it anymore anyway.

- I did a bit of research on formats following DaChouffe's request, Imagemagick does support many image formats including of course BMP, its just a matter of specifying the format at the time of writing it to disk (at the moment its just jpg), in fact the internal working image is PNG which gets written as JPG at the end.

Thanks for the support.

January 14, 2011, 08:41:06 PM
Reply #41

snappy46

- The resizing of the thumbnail is something I've been meaning to address. At the moment no sizing is done on the thumbnail its just copied from the original using it's original size so there is no standard size. I'll default the thumbnail size to 200x300 (maintaining original aspect ratio) in the next release and then provide a user specified size in later releases.

While waiting for your next release I just had the following line (see bold line below) to the generate thumbnail procedure.  I really hope you don't mind.

$thumbnail=grab_thumbnail(\%provider_hash, $optionsgui{THUMB_COMBO}->get_active_text);
$thumbnail->Resize( geometry => '200x300' );
$status = $thumbnail->Write($fn.".jpg");

Cheers !!!

January 14, 2011, 11:35:16 PM
Reply #42

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Snappy,

Yep, that's the change that has been made, good work.
(Although I have used a slightly different mode "$thumbnail->Resize(width=>200, height=>300) ;")
Edit: I should have looked a bit closer at where you made your change, it should go at the end of the sub routine "grab_thumbnail" just before the line "return $thumbnail". That way all thumbnails generated will be resized, not just the main thumbnail.

Remember its open-source, users can make any changes they wish to suit their own needs.

I also just realised that the Linux 'zip' utility I'm already using to compress data into the TGMD file has an option to convert text files to Windows format while compressing, so I'll make that change for the next release also.
Please continue your testing and let me know if you can confirm this as being the TViXie2Playon!HD problem.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:48:31 PM by bunyip »

January 15, 2011, 02:33:55 PM
Reply #43

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
DaChouffe and Snappy,

Can one of you check something for me regarding TViXie2Playon!HD.
The NFO file that is written to the TGMD bundle at present is always in the default format. When the user sets the option to write a separate NFO and chooses the TVX or XBMC format then an extra NFO file is written in this format, but the NFO file in the TGMD bundle remains as default.

The question..  is TViXie2Playon!HD also expecting the NFO file within the TGMD bundle to be in TVX format ??

Thanks.

January 15, 2011, 04:27:32 PM
Reply #44

snappy46

DaChouffe and Snappy,

Can one of you check something for me regarding TViXie2Playon!HD.
The NFO file that is written to the TGMD bundle at present is always in the default format. When the user sets the option to write a separate NFO and chooses the TVX or XBMC format then an extra NFO file is written in this format, but the NFO file in the TGMD bundle remains as default.

The question..  is TViXie2Playon!HD also expecting the NFO file within the TGMD bundle to be in TVX format ??

Thanks.

Ok here's some info that I hope will help:

First off when I create the file required I use NFO default whatever the default is; not TVX ...(Is that suppose to be for Tixvie ??) or XBMC.

In Tixive2playonHD there is an option that can be checked off called:  "Use thumbgen.tmgd file to generate Meta Data"

First case scenario I have that option not checked and tvixie2palyonHd creates the rss feeds without any issues.  That means that tixvie2playonhd as no issues with the default NFO.

Second scenario now I check on the "Use thumbgen.tmgd file to generate Meta Data" .  Now I get the error about access violation at address ........

Once I received that error even if I check off the "Use thumbgen.tmgd file to generate Meta Data" I will always get that error until I create a new movie.nfo file using SheetMaker.  Therefore once that option has been selected and that tixvie creates a new movie.nfo file using the data in the .tmgd file then the nfo file is no good anymore.

Now this is what I did to get the "Use thumbgen.tmgd file to generate Meta Data" option to work.

1) recreated a new movie.nfo file using SheetMaker (nfo option still set to default)
2) open the .tmgd archive and deleted the NFO file from it.
3) added the movie.nfo file to the archive and renamed it NFO.
4) Ran tixvie with the "Use thumbgen.tmgd file to generate Meta Data" check on and it worked fine

Conclusion, somehow there is some problem with the NFO that is available in the original .tmgd archive.  I do not think that it is related to unix/dos format anymore since the movie.nfo that I copied over to the .tmgd archive and rename to NFO was definitely in unix format (no /M, linefeed,return embedded).

Well I hope this help you.  Please do not hesitate if you have anymore request.  Like I mentioned before it's not a big thing since I can just leave that option "Use thumbgen.tmgd file to generate Meta Data" check off.

Cheer !!!!

PS: I have a few suggestion for SheetMaker but I will wait to see your next version before I bug you with my requests.  I created one of my movie directory (about 60 movies) last night all moviesheet option (3) + Thumbnail + NFO + tgmd and beside a few hick up everything seemed to work good.  I am sold on that nice program you put together ...... Long live Linux (Ubuntu in my case)   ;D