Author Topic: SheetMaker for Linux  (Read 87199 times)

December 31, 2010, 06:40:36 PM
Reply #15

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
That's odd - it should just render using your theme and system fonts.
Can you provide a screendump?

January 01, 2011, 08:04:00 AM
Reply #16

alpo05

Your program works great. Would you be able to add the option of creating a playlist from the tgmd and also for assigning our own catagories, i.e. NEW?
I noticed that if you try creating a playlist in Thumbgen from the tgmd files created by sheetmaker, that it's not able use the genres from it. It assigns everything to _unassigned.
There is some sort of incompatibility with the tgmd created. It wouldn't really be a problem if we could create the playlist in your program. Keep up the great great work.

P.S. And I'd like to also like to thank you for keeping your program non bloated. I hate the fact that all these other programs use .net "yuck" and just waste tons of unnecessary resources.
I know alot of us have multi core machines with alot of memory, but I still see it as a waste. We need to go back to simplicity.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:13:48 AM by alpo05 »

January 01, 2011, 02:01:30 PM
Reply #17

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi alpo05,
Thanks for the support.

Yes I have been considering adding support for playlists, they are a great way to organise your collection. I use them to create genre lists. WPL files are well supported by the WDTV, I have added it on the to-do list.

I'll look into why Thumbgen has a problem with the TGMD files - I want these files to be fully  compliant so that you can use them seamlessly in Thumbgen as well, thanks for pointing this out.
(It may be another Linux vs Windows issue).

January 01, 2011, 03:24:31 PM
Reply #18

DaChouffe

That's odd - it should just render using your theme and system fonts.
Can you provide a screendump?

Problem solved, it was the theme i selected. It caused the gui to distort the fonts..  ;D

January 08, 2011, 04:15:57 PM
Reply #19

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Well after a lot of code changes and additions, much debugging, moderate testing, a lot of swearing, and a bit of New Year partying, the next release (1.20) is available for testing. (see the beginning of this thread).

The changes include:

Gui Code:
  • Added 'Options' Tab.
  • Added trap so that multiple cascading pop-up messages don't occur.
  • Improved file matching in edit mode.
  • Expanded edit mode to include option to regenerate main sheet only or regenerate all selections specified in the options settings.
  • Added New Options:
         - use Directory Names as movie names.
         - option not generate a thumbnail.
         - generate an extra thumbnail.
         - option not generate the main sheet.
         - use special templates when generating thumbnails.
         - use separate templates for each sheet and thumb type.
         - generate an extra sheet (Folder sheet)
         - generate a parent directory sheet.
         - generate NFO files (in one of 3 formats)
         - apply your own naming scheme to all generated thumbs and sheets.
         - option to prevent over-writing existing files - individually selectable.
  • Fixed problem with TGMD files that made them incompatible with program 'Thumbgen.exe' - now able to use them in Thumbgen.exe.

Rendering Code:
  • Added audio 'Language' element.
  • Improved display and alignment of vertical names in sheets.
  • Improved detection of DIVX codec name variations.

Next Release:
I'll be attempting to include the following in the next release.
  • processing of TV shows and Episodes.
  • facility to create playlists in either M3U or WPL format.
  • option to over-write the TGMD file.
  • option to use image formats other than just 'jpeg'.

January 09, 2011, 01:48:49 PM
Reply #20

DaChouffe

Great progress man  :D

There is one thing i miss in this version. The sheet editor tab, had in the previous version the possibility to select a template. Now i can't select anything. It would be great to have multiple tabs to select a template and generate the template to show how the templates look.
And to select different fanart per template..

Maybe it would be possible to select a movie that have been done, and then show the main template beneath the screen. Just the way it is now, only with the possibility to select a movie and show the template of that movie. (multiple tabs??)

I didn't find any annoying bugs. Keep on the great work. I realy love the program, especially the speed and the clean layout..  ;D ;D

Nice evening..

January 09, 2011, 04:27:41 PM
Reply #21

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi DaChouffe,

Thanks again for the quick feedback.

Yes I had to make it so that run-time options are controlled in one place - the 'Options' tab. This is to keep the program clean and simple, otherwise there would be clickable options all over the screens and would just make it too confusing for the user.

However I know what you mean about the loss of the template drop-down on the edit tab, I found myself also wanting to click on it rather than switching to the options tab each time, just to change a sheet.
Since I have included a 'quick' option in edit to generate 'Main Sheet Only' it seems reasonable to also include a 'quick' template selection in this case as well, so that the 'Options' settings can be temporarily bypassed, I'll do this for the next release.

The idea of having a 'Test Only' option in edit mode so that you can see how a sheet will look without committing anything, is a good one, I'll add it to the to-do list.

Maybe it would be possible to select a movie that have been done, and then show the main template beneath the screen. Just the way it is now, only with the possibility to select a movie and show the template of that movie. (multiple tabs??)

I'm not sure what you are saying here, but if it's that you want to just view an existing sheet without doing anything with it, then this option is already available. In the 'Movie Selector' tab you just click on the movie file and press the [Show File Info] button. This will display a small version of the existing sheet which you can click on to view a full screen version of it.

January 10, 2011, 08:48:22 AM
Reply #22

DaChouffe

Hi DaChouffe,

Thanks again for the quick feedback.

Yes I had to make it so that run-time options are controlled in one place - the 'Options' tab. This is to keep the program clean and simple, otherwise there would be clickable options all over the screens and would just make it too confusing for the user.

However I know what you mean about the loss of the template drop-down on the edit tab, I found myself also wanting to click on it rather than switching to the options tab each time, just to change a sheet.
Since I have included a 'quick' option in edit to generate 'Main Sheet Only' it seems reasonable to also include a 'quick' template selection in this case as well, so that the 'Options' settings can be temporarily bypassed, I'll do this for the next release.

That is true, but the sheet editor tab is the place to put a option like that. It would be nice, if you already created the templates but you wan't to adjust some things. Like the fanart of the thumbnail or movie information, it would be nice to quick select a different template. Just to see how it look's. But, that is my opinion ;D ;D
I don't know if i found a bug, but under the sheet editor tab i see a windows with "Sheet preview". But without a preview..  ??? ???

I'm not sure what you are saying here, but if it's that you want to just view an existing sheet without doing anything with it, then this option is already available. In the 'Movie Selector' tab you just click on the movie file and press the [Show File Info] button. This will display a small version of the existing sheet which you can click on to view a full screen version of it.

I looked at that option, but it is not working. If the sheets are generated, i see the sheet pass by. But if i select a movie with a sheet it will show me the last done. If i select the "Show file info button" i get the information from the movie, but no preview..  ???

January 10, 2011, 03:29:34 PM
Reply #23

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Thanks DaChouffe,
I don't know if i found a bug, but under the sheet editor tab i see a windows with "Sheet preview". But without a preview..

I looked at that option, but it is not working. If the sheets are generated, i see the sheet pass by. But if i select a movie with a sheet it will show me the last done. If i select the "Show file info button" i get the information from the movie, but no preview..

Yes you have found a bug (more of an oversight really) - I neglected to alter some of the 'preview' code to use the user's naming scheme, so it is still looking for the default naming (i.e 'moviefilename_sheet.jpg') for the main sheet. I'm assuming you are not using the default naming scheme then.

I will fix this quickly (because it's a major annoyance) and post a bug-fix release ASAP.

January 11, 2011, 02:10:32 AM
Reply #24

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
The bug-fix release (1.20.1) is available.
  • Fixed detection and preview of existing sheet. Now correctly using the user-specified sheet name and not the default sheet name.

January 11, 2011, 11:18:56 AM
Reply #25

DaChouffe

The bug-fix release (1.20.1) is available.
  • Fixed detection and preview of existing sheet. Now correctly using the user-specified sheet name and not the default sheet name.

Problem solved, great.. :)

I just saw what i did wrong.  When i'm in the movie directory tab, i pressed the info button when standing on the movie folder. This doesn't work  ::)
I have to select the movie, not the directory..
I don't know if it would be possible to make the directory selectable. Maybe even the possibility just to click on the folder or go up and down with the cursor and then show the template ???

Further, would it be possible to create a tab in the movie sheet editor or something like that, to create/select audio, screen subtitle options  ??? ???
Maybe even the possibility to download subtitles  ???

I can't thing of any thing else for now..

Nice evening ??

January 11, 2011, 01:37:37 PM
Reply #26

snappy46

Absolutly awesome work; I tried it last night and love it.  Thumbgen was one of the few program that I had to start up my virtual win xp machine for.  I can run tvixie using wine without any problem so now I can do it all in linux.  Thanks a lot for that; I will report any bugs I may find.

Cheers !!!!

January 11, 2011, 02:56:52 PM
Reply #27

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
DaChouffe

I have to select the movie, not the directory..
I don't know if it would be possible to make the directory selectable.

That's a reasonable request - I'll look into it.

Maybe even the possibility just to click on the folder or go up and down with the cursor and then show the template.
Nice idea but I can see flaws with this, if the user is just trying to build a processing list then they won't want delays while previews are rendered and popped up whenever they select a movie file, or directory. I'll put this on the 'considerations' list and investigate further.

Further, would it be possible to create a tab in the movie sheet editor or something like that, to create/select audio, screen subtitle options. Maybe even the possibility to download subtitles.

This is worth adding to the to-do list. I'll put it on the advance options development list for later consideration.

For the moment I'm going to concentrate on getting TV Shows/Episodes working and the management of play lists.

Keep the ideas coming.

snappy46

Hi snappy, thanks for the welcome feedback - nice to know it worked first time, it's always a worry that variations in user's Linux setups may break something in the code.

Yes it was the problem of trying to run Thumbgen through VirtualBox on Linux that encouraged me to start writing this GUI code around the already available rendering code by Jatimon. The combination of VirtualBox, XP, Thumbgen, and NET Framework, created a lumbering monster that took 100% cpu and between 2 to 6 minutes per movie to create a single moviesheet. The only answer was to create something functionally similar running under native Linux.

January 11, 2011, 06:18:53 PM
Reply #28

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

bunyip, if you don't have a paypal account, I suggest you get one and post a link to donate to it.
I don't use linux as my main OS but I do use it and am trying to get away from windows.. (slowly going) I even have the wife using Ubuntu now.

I have donated to b-rad and thumbgen, this is one more I would be willing to throw a few bucks towards.

Thanks very much for another option.
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

January 11, 2011, 07:06:02 PM
Reply #29

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi Rev Drew,

Thanks for the encouragement, it's always nice to know that efforts are appreciated and considered to have some value.
Donations are not required, but thanks for the offer. The only expense is time and I enjoy producing something that others find useful. I'm also an advocate for free & open software for the masses.