Author Topic: SheetMaker for Linux  (Read 87143 times)

January 26, 2011, 02:20:23 AM
Reply #60

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi Pheonix126,
Welcome to the 'SML' clan.

If you got that far then it should mean that the modules were installed correctly, but just to be certain can you run the 'ModuleTest.pl' script again and make sure its not reporting any errors.

Basically the program looks in the same directory from where you ran the 'Sheetmaker.pl' script for those image files, so as long as you just executed the script from within the '/home/"username"/SheetMaker' directory it should find it. (BTW I'm assuming "username" just represents your actual user name).
The other possibility is that may not have 'read' permission on that file, can you check that?.

January 26, 2011, 02:39:04 AM
Reply #61

Phoenix126

Thanks for the quick reply.
Here's the output from ModulTest.pl

*** All required modules are installed on this system:
Gtk2
Gtk2::SimpleList
Gtk2::SimpleMenu
Gtk2::Pango
Image::ExifTool
Fcntl
File::stat
File::Basename
File::Finder
Image::Magick
feature 'switch'
Text::Unidecode
utf8
Storable
Cwd
XML::TokeParser
XML::Bare
XML::RPC
Data::Dumper
Math::Trig
LWP::UserAgent
HTML::Entities
IMDB::Film

*** Testing for program 'mediainfo' ..
'mediainfo' - OK

Yes "username" refers to my user name. I do have read permissions on the file (read-only) - is that correct? There is a padlock icon on that files as well.

January 26, 2011, 03:03:24 AM
Reply #62

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux

Yes "username" refers to my user name. I do have read permissions on the file (read-only) - is that correct? There is a padlock icon on that files as well.

No that's not right, there shouldn't be a lock on the image files, it sounds like a permission issue. Make sure that you are the owner of all the files and in addition check the ownership  and permissions of the 'SheetMaker' directory itself.

January 26, 2011, 03:52:10 AM
Reply #63

Phoenix126

OK, well for experimental purposes I recursivley chmodded the entire folder to 777 permissions. Obviously the padlock has now gone but the error message remains when I try to run the script.

Actually - if I'm reading the error message correctly - it looks as if the script is looking for the png file in SheetMaker.pl itself.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:02:08 AM by Phoenix126 »

January 26, 2011, 04:26:40 AM
Reply #64

Phoenix126

One more thing; I've been executing the script using the following command:-

~/SheetMaker/SheetMaker.pl  (I renamed the folder for the sake of ease of typing.)

If I cd into the SheetMaker folder then try:-

SheetMaker.pl

I get "SheetMaker.pl command not found"

January 26, 2011, 05:48:16 AM
Reply #65

Phoenix126

OK we're getting there. I can run the script now (double-clicking does it - D'Uh!)

I now get the following message when it runs:-
No Templates Found. Use Edit-->Settings to correct path.

Where can I find templates?

January 26, 2011, 07:24:57 AM
Reply #66

snappy46

Quote from: Phoenix126
If I cd into the SheetMaker folder then try:-

SheetMaker.pl

I get "SheetMaker.pl command not found"

If you cd into ~/Sheetmaker/SheetMaker.pl the command to run it should be ./Sheetmaker.pl so that linux look in that directory for that file since ~/SheetMaker is probably not in your PATH environnement variable.

Quote from: Phoenix126
Where can I find templates?

Look at the stickies on top of the WDTV LIVE Homebrew /custom firmware a lot of template to choose from.  You need to select edit in the main window and do your settings before using.  I suggest you read the HTML Doc included with SheetMaker; all the info is there to setup.

Cheers !!!

January 26, 2011, 08:53:01 AM
Reply #67

Phoenix126

Looks like it's working now. Thanks

All I need to know now is how to access the sheets from my AC Ryan PlayOn! Mini

January 26, 2011, 02:04:08 PM
Reply #68

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi Guys,

I'm on the opposite side of the planet to you so my sleep time corresponds with your awake time so I disappeared for a while to snooze.

Thanks Snappy for giving Pheonix a further help with this.

Looks like it's working now. Thanks

All I need to know now is how to access the sheets from my AC Ryan PlayOn! Mini

I can't help you with the 'PlayOn' (I don't own one) but there are many here who can, I'm sure they'll surface in a short while. (There is also a separate forum for the PlayOn where you might find some answers =>  http://www.acryan.com/forums/index.php ).

January 26, 2011, 02:18:36 PM
Reply #69

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Just a progress update...

Development of the next release (the TV/Episodes version) is progressing well but more work to be done yet.

I'm working at making it fit in with the TV templates that are being written for use with Thumbgen, but there seems an increase in the use of XLST in the latest templates so results can be a bit unpredictable, but small template adjustments can usually get around these problems for now.

Keep checking back here or on the website (http://users.on.net/~garstev99/wdtv/) - it shouldn't be too long for the next release.

January 27, 2011, 05:20:32 AM
Reply #70

snappy46

I'm on the opposite side of the planet to you so my sleep time corresponds with your awake time so I disappeared for a while to snooze.

Thanks Snappy for giving Pheonix a further help with this.

No one ever said that you had to do all the work yourself  ;D.

Where is the opposite side of the planet ????   I am in Eastern Canada at my age I do not go to sleep anymore I am afraid I won't wake up ...... Just kidding I am not quite there yet.  8)

By the way I have been looking for a Thumbnail template (template.xml for cover) but haven't had much luck yet.  Looks like I may have to build one myself I would like something a little more appealing than the plain cover found on the database.

Looking forward to your next release.

PS: The SML Clan as you call it seem to be pretty small ...... People if you using/tried Sheetmaker please take the time to say thanks to bunyip and provide some feedback.  I am sure there are a lot of linux user's out there.

January 27, 2011, 05:36:32 AM
Reply #71

Phoenix126

There is also a separate forum for the PlayOn where you might find some answers =>  http://www.acryan.com/forums/index.php

I'm a member of that forum already and have posted my request for help there. But I could only find a single post relating to SheetMaker (which, incidentally, is how I found this forum). So it doesn't look as if many people are using it. Mostly running Windows I assume.

Here's hoping.

January 27, 2011, 07:30:26 AM
Reply #72

snappy46

There is also a separate forum for the PlayOn where you might find some answers =>  http://www.acryan.com/forums/index.php

I'm a member of that forum already and have posted my request for help there. But I could only find a single post relating to SheetMaker (which, incidentally, is how I found this forum). So it doesn't look as if many people are using it. Mostly running Windows I assume.

Here's hoping.

It does not matter if your moviesheet are created by thumbgen or Sheetmaker the procedure is the same.  You need to read up on the How to guide of tvixie2PlayOn or YAMJ on the AC Ryan forum.  Creating the moviesheets/cover is only the first part of the process.

Cheers !!!

January 27, 2011, 07:49:45 AM
Reply #73

Phoenix126

Oh bugger. I thought I was going to get away with not using YAMJ.

January 27, 2011, 10:08:13 AM
Reply #74

Phoenix126

Well it seems to work OK without YAMJ. You just need to press the "slow" button to bring up the first sheet then you can scroll through them using the "up" "down" buttons.
Two things though: is it possible to view multiple thumbnails at once and scroll/select from them?
And some of my sheets appear with the wrong aspect ratio; squashed up vertically. Any reason for that? Most are fine.