Author Topic: SheetMaker for Linux  (Read 87159 times)

January 15, 2011, 04:50:17 PM
Reply #45

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Thanks Snappy - that gives me something to work with, I definitely want to resolve any non-compatibility issues.

Now, while I am working on the TV/Episodes additions, I have decided to publish an interim release (no. 1.21) that you guys might find useful now, rather then wait for the next big release.
(See start of this thread for download link).

Changes are:
Gui Code:
  • Restored template selection in edit screen for quick 'main sheet only' option.
  • Added 'Test Only' option in edit that generates but doesn't save images.
  • Added buttons to select and view each generated image item, within the edit screen, in either test mode or normal mode.
  • Now writes all NFO & INFO files in Windows Format for increased compatibilty.
Rendering Code:
  • Default the Thumbnail sizes to 200 x 300.

January 16, 2011, 02:20:33 AM
Reply #46

DaChouffe

DaChouffe and Snappy,

Can one of you check something for me regarding TViXie2Playon!HD.
The NFO file that is written to the TGMD bundle at present is always in the default format. When the user sets the option to write a separate NFO and chooses the TVX or XBMC format then an extra NFO file is written in this format, but the NFO file in the TGMD bundle remains as default.

The question..  is TViXie2Playon!HD also expecting the NFO file within the TGMD bundle to be in TVX format ??

Thanks.

Did some testing with TViXie2Playon!HD. I can see that the nfo file created by Sheetmaker in my folder and the nfo file inserted in the tgmd file are not the same.
So when i regenerate the nfo file with the sheet editor tab, the violation error does not get solved. I realy have to grab the total movie.

The other options are realy great. Did some testing and played around with it and i realy like it. If the time is right, i will bug you with templates that are not working correct.. ;D ;D

<Movie.nfo>

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ThumbGen="1">
  <hasrighttoleftdirection>false</hasrighttoleftdirection>
  <title>Buried</title>
  <originaltitle></originaltitle>
  <year>2010</year>
  <plot>Paul Conroy (Ryan Reynolds) is een aannemer uit de Verenigde Staten die werkzaam is in Irak. Na een aanslag van een groep terroristen wordt Paul wakker in een kist, onder de grond. Hij is levend begraven. Met enkel een aansteker en een mobiele telefoon moet Paul aan deze claustrofobische val proberen te ontsnappen...</plot>
  <tagline>170,000 SQ miles of desert. 90 minutes of Oxygen. No way out.</tagline>
  <rating>7.4</rating>
  <episodes />
  <episodesnames />
  <writers />
  <gueststars />
  <id>tt1462758</id>
  <releasedate>2010-11-25</releasedate>
  <mpaa>Rated R for language and some violent content.</mpaa>
  <actor>
    <name>Ryan Reynolds</name>
    <name>Robert Paterson</name>
    <name>José Luis García Pérez</name>
  </actor>
  <genre>
    <name>Mystery</name>
    <name>Thriller</name>
  </genre>
  <director>
    <name>Rodrigo Cortés</name>
  </director>
  <runtime>95</runtime>
  <certification>R</certification>
  <studio>
    <name>Antena 3 Films</name>
  </studio>
  <country>
    <name>ESP</name>
  </country>
  <mediainfo>
    <Resolution>
      <Flag>Resolution_720p</Flag>
    </Resolution>
    <resolution>720P</resolution>
    <Format>
      <Flag></Flag>
    </Format>
    <format>mkv</format>
    <Video>
      <Flag>Video_v_mpeg4/iso/avc</Flag>
    </Video>
    <video>v_mpeg4/iso/avc</video>
    <Audio>
      <Flag>Audio_DD51</Flag>
    </Audio>
    <audio>DD51</audio>
    <Subtitles>
      <Flag>Unknown</Flag>
    </Subtitles>
    <SubtitlesText>Unknown</SubtitlesText>
    <framerate>23.976 </framerate>
    <aspectratio>2.35:1</aspectratio>
    <videoresolution>1920x816</videoresolution>
    <videocodec>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</videocodec>
    <videobitrate>8 115 Kbps</videobitrate>
    <audiocodec>DD51</audiocodec>
    <audiochannels>6 </audiochannels>
    <audiobitrate>640 Kbps</audiobitrate>
    <durationseconds>5700</durationseconds>
    <durationminutes>95</durationminutes>
    <duration>1h 35mn</duration>
    <filesizebytes></filesizebytes>
    <filesize></filesize>
    <container>matroska</container>
    <language></language>
    <languagecode></languagecode>
    <languages></languages>
    <languagecodes></languagecodes>
    <externalsubtitles />
    </mediainfo>
</movie>

<Movie.ext.tmgd nfo>

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ThumbGen="1">
  <hasrighttoleftdirection>false</hasrighttoleftdirection>
  <title>Buried</title>
  <originaltitle></originaltitle>
  <year>2010</year>
  <plot>Paul Conroy (Ryan Reynolds) is een aannemer uit de Verenigde Staten die werkzaam is in Irak. Na een aanslag van een groep terroristen wordt Paul wakker in een kist, onder de grond. Hij is levend begraven. Met enkel een aansteker en een mobiele telefoon moet Paul aan deze claustrofobische val proberen te ontsnappen...</plot>
  <tagline>170,000 SQ miles of desert. 90 minutes of Oxygen. No way out.</tagline>
  <rating>7.4</rating>
  <episodes />
  <episodesnames />
  <writers />
  <gueststars />
  <id>tt1462758</id>
  <releasedate>2010-11-25</releasedate>
  <mpaa>Rated R for language and some violent content.</mpaa>
  <actor>
    <name>Ryan Reynolds</name>
    <name>Robert Paterson</name>
    <name>Jos Luis Garca Prez</name>
  </actor>
  <genre>
    <name>Mystery</name>
    <name>Thriller</name>
  </genre>
  <director>
    <name>Rodrigo Corts</name>
  </director>
  <runtime>95</runtime>
  <certification>R</certification>
  <studio>
    <name>Antena 3 Films</name>
  </studio>
  <country>
    <name>ESP</name>
  </country>
  <mediainfo>
    <Resolution>
      <Flag>Resolution_720p</Flag>
    </Resolution>
    <resolution>720P</resolution>
    <Format>
      <Flag></Flag>
    </Format>
    <format>mkv</format>
    <Video>
      <Flag>Video_v_mpeg4/iso/avc</Flag>
    </Video>
    <video>v_mpeg4/iso/avc</video>
    <Audio>
      <Flag>Audio_DD51</Flag>
    </Audio>
    <audio>DD51</audio>
    <Subtitles>
      <Flag>Unknown</Flag>
    </Subtitles>
    <SubtitlesText>Unknown</SubtitlesText>
    <framerate>23.976 </framerate>
    <aspectratio>2.35:1</aspectratio>
    <videoresolution>1920x816</videoresolution>
    <videocodec>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</videocodec>
    <videobitrate>8 115 Kbps</videobitrate>
    <audiocodec>DD51</audiocodec>
    <audiochannels>6 </audiochannels>
    <audiobitrate>640 Kbps</audiobitrate>
    <durationseconds>5700</durationseconds>
    <durationminutes>95</durationminutes>
    <duration>1h 35mn</duration>
    <filesizebytes></filesizebytes>
    <filesize></filesize>
    <container>matroska</container>
    <language></language>
    <languagecode></languagecode>
    <languages></languages>
    <languagecodes></languagecodes>
    <externalsubtitles />
    </mediainfo>
</movie>
<File>
<track type="General">

<Complete_name>/usenet/Movies/Buried (2010)/Buried (2010).mkv</Complete_name>
<Format>Matroska</Format>
<File_size>6.98 GiB</File_size>
<Duration>1h 35mn</Duration>
<Overall_bit_rate>10.5 Mbps</Overall_bit_rate>
<Encoded_date>UTC 2010-12-29 13:42:57</Encoded_date>
<Writing_application>mkvmerge v4.3.0 ('Escape from the Island') built on Sep  5 2010 10:30:51</Writing_application>
<Writing_library>libebml v1.0.0 + libmatroska v1.0.0</Writing_library>
</track>

<track type="Video">

<ID>1</ID>
<Format>AVC</Format>
<Format_Info>Advanced Video Codec</Format_Info>
<Format_profile>High@L4.1</Format_profile>
<Format_settings__CABAC>Yes</Format_settings__CABAC>
<Format_settings__ReFrames>5 frames</Format_settings__ReFrames>
<Muxing_mode>Container profile=Unknown@4.1</Muxing_mode>
<Codec_ID>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</Codec_ID>
<Bit_rate>8 115 Kbps</Bit_rate>
<Nominal_bit_rate>8 322 Kbps</Nominal_bit_rate>
<Width>1 920 pixels</Width>
<Height>816 pixels</Height>
<Display_aspect_ratio>2.35:1</Display_aspect_ratio>
<Frame_rate>23.976 fps</Frame_rate>
<Resolution>8 bits</Resolution>
<Colorimetry>4:2:0</Colorimetry>
<Scan_type>Progressive</Scan_type>
<Bits__Pixel_Frame_>0.216</Bits__Pixel_Frame_>
<Stream_size>5.41 GiB (77%)</Stream_size>
<Writing_library>x264 core 112 r1834 a51816a</Writing_library>
<Encoding_settings>cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=8322 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=50000 / vbv_bufsize=50000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 / nal_hrd=none</Encoding_settings>
</track>

<track type="Audio" streamid="1">

<ID>2</ID>
<Format>AC-3</Format>
<Format_Info>Audio Coding 3</Format_Info>
<Codec_ID>A_AC3</Codec_ID>
<Bit_rate_mode>Constant</Bit_rate_mode>
<Bit_rate>640 Kbps</Bit_rate>
<Channel_s_>6 channels</Channel_s_>
<Channel_positions>Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE</Channel_positions>
<Sampling_rate>48.0 KHz</Sampling_rate>
<Stream_size>437 MiB (6%)</Stream_size>
<Title>AC3</Title>
</track>

<track type="Audio" streamid="2">

<ID>3</ID>
<Format>DTS</Format>
<Format_Info>Digital Theater Systems</Format_Info>
<Codec_ID>A_DTS</Codec_ID>
<Bit_rate_mode>Constant</Bit_rate_mode>
<Bit_rate>1 510 Kbps</Bit_rate>
<Channel_s_>6 channels</Channel_s_>
<Channel_positions>Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE</Channel_positions>
<Sampling_rate>48.0 KHz</Sampling_rate>
<Resolution>24 bits</Resolution>
<Stream_size>1.01 GiB (14%)</Stream_size>
<Title>DTS</Title>
</track>

<track type="Text">

<ID>4</ID>
<Format>UTF-8</Format>
<Codec_ID>S_TEXT/UTF8</Codec_ID>
<Codec_ID_Info>UTF-8 Plain Text</Codec_ID_Info>
<Title>Nederlands</Title>
<Language>Dutch</Language>
</track>

</File>
</movie>

Keep on the good work

January 16, 2011, 03:46:04 AM
Reply #47

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Thanks DaChouffe,

I missed those differences, I left off a step when generating the external version of the NFO file, I'll fix that. I'll also fix the header differences.

As to the problem, I'm getting a bit confused, if I have interpreted the tests correctly, you and Snappy46 are contradicting each other. I'll need to investigate further.

If the time is right, i will bug you with templates that are not working correct..
Yes, please raise any template issues. I have had to make template adjustments myself to get them to work correctly under Linux.

@Snappy46
PS: I have a few suggestion for SheetMaker but I will wait to see your next version before I bug you with my requests.
No don't wait, best to raise them now while in early development. (But they may just get put on the to-do list or in the 'oh-that's-silly' pile).

January 16, 2011, 06:31:37 AM
Reply #48

snappy46

As to the problem, I'm getting a bit confused, if I have interpreted the tests correctly, you and Snappy46 are contradicting each other. I'll need to investigate further.

Nope we are saying the same thing, NFO inside .tgmd is different than the one created on the movie folder movie.nfo.  When I replace the NFO in the .tgmd with movie.nfo + rename there are no more issues with tixvie2playOnHD program.

Too add to your to do list:

A remove all done button would be nice especially when doing bash process of a many movies.  Let's say you have 60 movies and run the process automatically then when done you could click on that button and all the done movie gets removed from the list.  All the remains are the no match / errors ( the one that did not get process for one reason or another).  Now you can set some options (prompt for movie name etc..) the finish the process.

I haven't look at your latest version yet I will download it now.

Thanks man; this is great.

January 16, 2011, 07:07:54 AM
Reply #49

snappy46

Bug report:

The "edit fromTGMD" option on the movie selector is never enable.  I am assuming that this button should be enable when a TGMD file is available on a movie that is on the file to be process window or just after creating new moviesheet with TGMD file but it is not the case.  Maybe I just do not understand when this should be enable.

More other things for my wish list:

-  Make it so when you are using the sheet editor and you load the TGMD file that all the moviesheets are available not just the main sheet.  Right now only the main sheet is available for editing until we press the test only button; all sheets should be loaded with the TGMD so they can be viewed and edited if required.   Also all the test file reside in the main sheetmaker directory which can make things look a little messy it would be better if they reside in their own test directory in sheetmaker directory tree like TGMD.  I know that this is work in progress and thank you for the early release.

Man I really hate this part; I know how easy it is to criticised someone's work.  I am trying to be as constructive as I can but it still does not feel good.  At the end of the day your are the developer so you do what you think is best.

Cheers !!!

January 16, 2011, 11:06:37 AM
Reply #50

DaChouffe

Bug report:

The "edit fromTGMD" option on the movie selector is never enable.  I am assuming that this button should be enable when a TGMD file is available on a movie that is on the file to be process window or just after creating new moviesheet with TGMD file but it is not the case.  Maybe I just do not understand when this should be enable.

The "edit from TGMD" button is activated if you select a movie (Not the folder) and press the "Show file info" button. I've asked bunyip if it would be possible to make the folder selectable instead of the movie file. That would be more logical to me.

-  Make it so when you are using the sheet editor and you load the TGMD file that all the moviesheets are available not just the main sheet.  Right now only the main sheet is available for editing until we press the test only button; all sheets should be loaded with the TGMD so they can be viewed and edited if required.   Also all the test file reside in the main sheetmaker directory which can make things look a little messy it would be better if they reside in their own test directory in sheetmaker directory tree like TGMD.  I know that this is work in progress and thank you for the early release.

That's a plus one :D

If you don 't want a messy sheetmaker directory, it 's possible with the settings menu to give the "log", and "Temp working directory" a different location.  ;)

January 16, 2011, 12:47:47 PM
Reply #51

snappy46

The "edit from TGMD" button is activated if you select a movie (Not the folder) and press the "Show file info" button. I've asked bunyip if it would be possible to make the folder selectable instead of the movie file. That would be more logical to me.

If you don 't want a messy sheetmaker directory, it 's possible with the settings menu to give the "log", and "Temp working directory" a different location.  ;)

Thanks for the tips DaChouffe; maybe before I make silly comments I should read the documentation thoroughly.  :-[

January 16, 2011, 01:46:16 PM
Reply #52

DaChouffe

Thanks for the tips DaChouffe; maybe before I make silly comments I should read the documentation thoroughly.  :-[

No sweat, we're to help.  :D

January 16, 2011, 01:50:36 PM
Reply #53

DaChouffe

@bunyip,

Is the button "View large size" not to much?? Because you can enlarge the picture by clicking on it. ???
Did you think about the extra edit options in the movie editor sheet, to edit the mediainfo.. ???

I 'm going to watch hung, tomorrow back to work  :(

Cu

January 16, 2011, 02:18:11 PM
Reply #54

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi Guys, thanks again for the excellent feedback.

1. NFO Problem.
Yes agreed that the separate NFO & TGMD versions are different - I'm fixing that.
It looks like the problem with the TGMD version is a stray "</movie>" terminator in the middle of the file.

2. (snappy46)
A remove all done button would be nice especially when doing bash process of a many movies.
An excellent idea - consider it added to the list. (Should have thought of that myself).

3. (snappy46)
[Edit From TGMD] button activation.
Yes - at present its active only when using the [Show File Info] option. I agree its rather inconsistent and confusing, I'll look at enabling it whenever a preview image is shown (and a TGMD exists) regardless of what stage its at.

4. (snappy46)
Make it so when you are using the sheet editor and you load the TGMD file that all the moviesheets are available not just the main sheet.
Another good idea, I can just detect all the existing related covers and sheets and enable the relevant buttons - that's an easy addition.

5. (snappy46)
Also all the test file reside in the main sheetmaker directory.
Yes as DaChouffe has pointed out, they are written to the 'Temp Working Directory' as specified in your 'Settings', its better to point this away from your main work area. Everything in the 'Temp Working Dir' are throw-away files and are re-created and removed repeatedly during processing.

6. (DaChouffe)
Is the button "View large size" not to much?? Because you can enlarge the picture by clicking on it.
I totally agree, originally it wasn't there, I added it in the first public Release version because there was no indication anywhere that you could view a larger image. But its now in the documentation so I will remove it in the future releases.

7.  (DaChouffe)
Did you think about the extra edit options in the movie editor sheet, to edit the mediainfo..
Well, the 'mediainfo' data is extracted from the movie file itself, there might be some value in editing this data. I'll put it on the 'To be Considered' list.

Man I really hate this part; I know how easy it is to criticised someone's work.  I am trying to be as constructive as I can but it still does not feel good.  At the end of the day your are the developer so you do what you think is best.
That's OK. User feedback is essential for effective software development. I'll just filter out the non-constructive requests and suggestions.

Keep the ideas coming.

(Edited for spelling.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:51:20 PM by bunyip »

January 17, 2011, 05:15:19 AM
Reply #55

snappy46

Bug Report:

It would appear that the reported quality/resolution of the moviesheet (I am using the latest thumbgen default template) being made are always 1 less than the file quality/resolution.  In other words if the movie is 1080P, 720P logo is showing on the sheet; if movie is 720p, 480p logo is showing on the moviesheet, etc .....  By the way this seems to be the case for all my movies sheet created with Sheetmaker.

I am not sure if that is related to mediainfo not reporting the proper standard or Sheetmaker not reading the results from mediainfo properly.  The same template works fine with thumbgen.  I'll see if I can find out more info for you when I have a chance, I just noticed it on my TV Screen while going thru the movie jukebox.  The boss of the house (wife) wants me to watch TV with her tonight.  :D

Thanks

January 17, 2011, 01:07:02 PM
Reply #56

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi Snappy,

Its not a bug as such, its a matter of interpretation, I actually struggled with this issue for a while and finally took the basic option.

I'm taking the literal no of scan lines of the movie file as reported by mediainfo and determine what range it falls into. So if the movie is 720x400 (16:9) it literally falls in the rough range  of 399 to 560 so it is reported as being 480P.
Thumbgen may give some credit to it's 'no. of pixels per line' as well and apply a magic formula that says since its width resolution is considered high we'll give the height extras credits and bump it up to 720P, which in my books is misleading, I always want to know the no. of scan lines.

I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on this.

January 17, 2011, 09:56:47 PM
Reply #57

snappy46

Hi Snappy,

Its not a bug as such, its a matter of interpretation, I actually struggled with this issue for a while and finally took the basic option.

I'm taking the literal no of scan lines of the movie file as reported by mediainfo and determine what range it falls into. So if the movie is 720x400 (16:9) it literally falls in the rough range  of 399 to 560 so it is reported as being 480P.
Thumbgen may give some credit to it's 'no. of pixels per line' as well and apply a magic formula that says since its width resolution is considered high we'll give the height extras credits and bump it up to 720P, which in my books is misleading, I always want to know the no. of scan lines.

I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks I now understand the results I am getting.  I must admit that I am a bit in disagreement with the theory however. Because of all the various cinematic format the height can be misleading considering that the black lines on top and the bottom of the screen (letterbox) are not included in the scan lines count.  With that in mind there isn't too many bluray disk that are even 1080P especially for any movie that use the theatrical version of the movie.  Here's something crazy why not use the width as the determining factor for the height resolution ???????  So if width is 1920 it's a 1080P standard, 1280 width = 720P and 640 width = 480P.  Those just represent standard anyway not actual scan lines ...... Those standard have obviously been defined from the days gone by where scan lines actually meant something, IMHO it would have made a lot more sense to use the width as the standard which remains constant within a specific standard.  Of course defining the width on an analogue television is a little hard.  :-\

Anyhow you wanted to know our opinion / thoughts on that so there it is.  Either way it is not a big deal I just thought it was a bug and wanted to report it.  The thing I am must interested in my moviesheet is the summary of the movie and other detail like rating etc.... not what the resolution standard logo might be.

Cheers !!!  Looking forward to your next release I am sure it will be great.

January 17, 2011, 11:52:24 PM
Reply #58

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Here's something crazy why not use the width as the determining factor for the height resolution ???????  So if width is 1920 it's a 1080P standard, 1280 width = 720P and 640 width = 480P.
Actually, Jatimon took this approach in the original version of Thumbscanner, and maybe I was a bit quick to dismiss it because the results were unpredictable and misleading.

On further consideration maybe yes, this is the most appropriate method to make actual resolutions simulate the 'standard' set.

The flaw in Thumbscanner was that all files were expected to match exactly the standard widths. This resulted in no match for many files meaning no graphic being display on the moviesheet.

I'll re-visit this approach with the use of ranges of widths and see if we get a more acceptable result.

Either way it is not a big deal I just thought it was a bug and wanted to report it.  The thing I am must interested in my moviesheet is the summary of the movie and other detail like rating etc.... not what the resolution standard logo might be.

Yes, templates should always just display the real width/height and leave it at that.

Thanks.

January 26, 2011, 01:27:14 AM
Reply #59

Phoenix126

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I would like to use SheetMaker to improve the user experience on my AC Ryan PlayOn Mini.
My media server is running Ubuntu 10.10 and I installed SheetMaker.

Problem is; when I execute the SheetMaker.pl script I get the following error message:-

Failed to open file 'stock_apply_14.png': No such file or directory at /home/"username"/SheetMaker/SheetMaker.pl line 56.

During manual installation of some of the required packages I got a couple of error messages but they flashed past on the screen so fast that I missed them.

Any ideas?

Edit : Incidentally the file 'stock_apply_14.png' is present in the folder.