Author Topic: SheetMaker for Linux  (Read 87313 times)

August 11, 2013, 05:16:38 AM
Reply #345

teachme

Perfect worked like a charm i knew it had to be something i was doing . Thanks again great program its super fast.

August 11, 2013, 02:58:29 PM
Reply #346

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Perfect worked like a charm i knew it had to be something i was doing . Thanks again great program its super fast.

Ah, that's good to hear, another happy user.  :D

Thanks,
bunyip.

September 16, 2013, 04:25:59 PM
Reply #347

teachme

My sheet maker stopped working all of a sudden anything i can check ? when i click start it hangs on processing and nothing happens in bottom left corner.

just noticed this message 

INFO:   Creating a moviesheet for identity thief.mkv
*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   Can't call method "simple" without a package or object reference at ./collectors.pl line 615, <CF> line 42.
***  ignoring at SheetMaker.pl line 86, <CF> line 42.

September 16, 2013, 07:53:53 PM
Reply #348

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
My sheet maker stopped working all of a sudden anything i can check ? when i click start it hangs on processing and nothing happens in bottom left corner.

just noticed this message 

INFO:   Creating a moviesheet for identity thief.mkv
*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   Can't call method "simple" without a package or object reference at ./collectors.pl line 615, <CF> line 42.
***  ignoring at SheetMaker.pl line 86, <CF> line 42.

Looks like I've run out of time.

I have been working on a new release that included many upgrades but it's not yet ready to be published.

One of the upgrades was to change SheetMaker to use the new version of the API to access data from 'theMovieDB.org' because there were suggestions that they were turning off the old one sometime this month. It looks like they have already thrown the switch which means the current version will crash when trying to extract data from 'theMovieDB.org'.

I'll transfer those API upgrades to an interim release (1.28) so it gets working again and publish it over the next day or so.

The old API used XML data structures but the new one uses JSON data structures so you will need to install another CPAN module which I'll specify with the new release.

Cheers,
bunyip

September 17, 2013, 03:25:13 AM
Reply #349

teachme

Hey i tested on several of my movies last night some it will still make sheets for. No rush man your software is worth the wait .

September 19, 2013, 04:36:10 AM
Reply #350

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
The updated Versions are now available:
GUI: 1.28  CLI: 1.0.6

They contain the switch-over to version 3 of the 'themoviedb.org' API - (The previous version has been discontinued).
  • The newer API provides better data and image collection and contains more data elements.
  • The API also provides better language matching and provides a way to indentify language-specific movie cover images.
NOTE: These versions require an extra CPAN module to be loaded. i.e. 'JSON::Parse'  (See the module-check programs included in the program bundle.)

September 19, 2013, 12:42:49 PM
Reply #351

teachme

Thanks so much man just got the new gui one works great. Awesome Work !!!!!!

September 19, 2013, 03:03:29 PM
Reply #352

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Thanks so much man just got the new gui one works great. Awesome Work !!!!!!

Thanks teachme,

I didn't have time to test this version extensively so don't hesitate to raise any data retrieval problems that you may find.

Cheers,
bunyip

November 09, 2013, 03:38:29 PM
Reply #353

jackie999

Can I get some help with this error?
sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install JSON::Parse, '                                                                                   
Going to read '/home/jackie/.cpan/Metadata'                                                                                                         
  Database was generated on Sat, 09 Nov 2013 12:17:02 GMT                                                                                           
Running install for module 'JSON::Parse'                                                                                                             
Running make for B/BK/BKB/JSON-Parse-0.23.tar.gz                                                                                                     
Checksum for /home/jackie/.cpan/sources/authors/id/B/BK/BKB/JSON-Parse-0.23.tar.gz ok                                                               

CPAN.pm: Going to build B/BK/BKB/JSON-Parse-0.23.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for JSON::Parse
Writing MYMETA.yml
cp lib/JSON/Parse.pod blib/lib/JSON/Parse.pod
cp lib/JSON/Parse.pm blib/lib/JSON/Parse.pm
/usr/bin/perl /usr/share/perl/5.14/ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap /usr/share/perl/5.14/ExtUtils/typemap  Json3.xs > Json3.xsc && mv Json3.xsc Json3.c
cc -c   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -g   -DVERSION=\"0.23\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.23\" -fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl/5.14/CORE"   Json3.c
/bin/sh: 1: cc: not found
make: *** [Json3.o] Error 127
  BKB/JSON-Parse-0.23.tar.gz
  /usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

November 10, 2013, 12:54:27 AM
Reply #354

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
First impression is that it can't find your 'C' compiler.

/bin/sh: 1: cc: not found
I'm using 'Linux Mint 15' and the file '/usr/bin/cc' is a link file that links to another link file '/etc/alternatives/cc' which links to yet another link file '/usr/bin/gcc' which finally links to the compiler executable '/usr/bin/gcc-4.7'.

It's possible that the linkages are broken on your system or the compiler itself is missing.

Try just typing 'cc' on a command line and see what you get.

November 10, 2013, 08:30:11 AM
Reply #355

jackie999

cc
The program 'cc' can be found in the following packages:
 * gcc
 * clang
 * pentium-builder
 * tcc
Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>

I'm running (K)ubuntu 13.10

I installed gcc and it's good to go now! Thanks so much!!

I still am unable to access my samba networked HDD thru the sheetmaker GUI...if anyone has some tips for that I'm all ears :)

November 10, 2013, 01:57:56 PM
Reply #356

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
I still am unable to access my samba networked HDD thru the sheetmaker GUI...if anyone has some tips for that I'm all ears :)

You just need to find the path to where the Share has been mounted.

If you have it mounted via an 'fstab' entry then just navigate to the mount point from within the SheetMaker GUI (but I suspect that this is not the case).

If on the other hand the Share has been auto-mounted by the system then you need to find where its been mounted.
The first place to check is in the file '/etc/mtab' which shows currently mounted drives/filesystems.
Most likely you will see an entry beginning with 'gvfsd-fuse', the second field on this line will show a path to a mount area which could be something like '/run/user/jackie/gvfs' or '/home/jackie/.gvfs'.

Try navigating to this directory from within SheetMaker and you should see the share.

Personally, I find it better to manually mount my external drives at boot time and map them to the standard '/media' mount directory.

for example, I have a 'WD MyBook' 2TB drive and to have it mounted on boot I have added this entry to the '/etc/fstab' file.
Code: [Select]
# MyBook Mount
//192.168.0.6/Public /media/TwoTB cifs users,rw,auto,uid=1000,password= 0 0
(of course substitute with your drive's IP address and share name)

Cheers,
bunyip

January 10, 2014, 12:45:07 AM
Reply #357

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
New bug-fix releases available:

GUI: 1.28.2
CLI: 1.0.8

March 20, 2014, 03:20:40 AM
Reply #358

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Another bug-fix release available:

GUI: 1.28.3
CLI: 1.0.9
  • Fixes condition where NFO file not being generated for TV episodes.
  • Fixes crash when opening TGMD file where filename contains an apostrophe.
  • Improves NFO file XML-compliancy by encoding special characters.

April 28, 2014, 04:07:36 PM
Reply #359

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
New Modified Versions are available.
GUI: 1.29.0
CLI: 1.1.0

Basically these versions have been adjusted to comply with library changes that exist in some recent Linux releases (notably Ubuntu 14.04).

The documentation has also been upgraded to show simpler methods of installing missing modules using mostly 'deb' or 'rpm' files.

bunyip.