Author Topic: SheetMaker for Linux  (Read 87189 times)

November 26, 2012, 12:05:40 PM
Reply #330

airone26

That's it ! You got me ! I didn't scroll enough on the General tab to see THE option. Shame on me.
To answer you, I have a TGMD file generated for every movie so the actual behaviour is perfect.

Moreover, it's very convenient to be able to handle two config files, one for movies and one for tv shows.

Once again, thanks a lot for your tremendous work on SML.
Erwan, very happy user of SML and now SML-cli.

November 26, 2012, 02:20:35 PM
Reply #331

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
That's it ! You got me ! I didn't scroll enough on the General tab to see THE option. Shame on me.
To answer you, I have a TGMD file generated for every movie so the actual behaviour is perfect.

Moreover, it's very convenient to be able to handle two config files, one for movies and one for tv shows.

Once again, thanks a lot for your tremendous work on SML.
Erwan, very happy user of SML and now SML-cli.

That's great, thanks.
... and I think I must be getting senile, I remember now that just before releasing the CLI version I reversed my original decision and I actually added the 'TGMD files only' option. It's in the 'Media Type to Process' option, so disregard what I said above. I really must pay more attention to what I'm doing!

December 29, 2012, 09:39:15 AM
Reply #332

airone26

Hi there,

I've got a problem not directly related to SML but cant find informations on Internet and I think guys there can have an idea so...

I'm considering going from wy WD TV Live to a home-made mini ITX server for storage and with XBMC. I took a look on XBMC documentation and it seems it provides movies sheets but automatically download all necessary informations from internet by parsing movies filenames...

Is there any option to make XBMC use movies sheets and nfos created by SML ?

Thanks in advance...

December 30, 2012, 05:22:11 PM
Reply #333

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi there,

I've got a problem not directly related to SML but cant find informations on Internet and I think guys there can have an idea so...

I'm considering going from wy WD TV Live to a home-made mini ITX server for storage and with XBMC. I took a look on XBMC documentation and it seems it provides movies sheets but automatically download all necessary informations from internet by parsing movies filenames...

Is there any option to make XBMC use movies sheets and nfos created by SML ?

Thanks in advance...

Hi airone,

I'm doing something similar to you, although the WDTVLIVE is very good at using locally stored media it's becoming outdated since a lot of media is now available through free 'catch-up' TV services via the internet, which I would like to be able to play on the same device. Sadly WD (and many others) is not coping well with this trend so we need devices that will also play these internet channels.

Personally I'm moving to a Raspberry PI running XBMC with several addons that provide access to Australian Catchup-TV, which most device manufacturers choose to ignore.

As to picking up the existing data, my investigation so far has shown that XBMC will pick up the textual information from an existing 'nfo' file as long as it has been saved in XBMC format (optional in SML), it will pick up the thumbnail if it's named the same as the movie but with an extension of '.tbn'. Sadly it has short-comings when it comes to the fanart. It will only pick up the fanart if it is named 'fanart.jpg', so that will work only if you have each movie in its own folder. This may work for you.

I'm looking at some other options, either to have an addon 'scraper' that will recognise local filenaming schemes as used by SML and ThumbGen, or have a stand-alone script that will read existing TGMD files and load this data directly into the XBMC databases, including the paths to existing artwork.

December 31, 2012, 04:52:31 AM
Reply #334

airone26

Hi bunyip,

Hi airone,

I'm doing something similar to you, although the WDTVLIVE is very good at using locally stored media it's becoming outdated since a lot of media is now available through free 'catch-up' TV services via the internet, which I would like to be able to play on the same device. Sadly WD (and many others) is not coping well with this trend so we need devices that will also play these internet channels.

Personally I'm moving to a Raspberry PI running XBMC with several addons that provide access to Australian Catchup-TV, which most device manufacturers choose to ignore.

Yep, personnally, I needed a solution for storage and 24/7 services anyway so I looked on XBMC and it's the ability to watch TV that was my killing feature (no TV chanels for now). Also, given my needs, the Pi, while a very tempting choice was not powerful enough (my server will run snapraid too).

As to picking up the existing data, my investigation so far has shown that XBMC will pick up the textual information from an existing 'nfo' file as long as it has been saved in XBMC format (optional in SML), it will pick up the thumbnail if it's named the same as the movie but with an extension of '.tbn'. Sadly it has short-comings when it comes to the fanart. It will only pick up the fanart if it is named 'fanart.jpg', so that will work only if you have each movie in its own folder. This may work for you.

I'm looking at some other options, either to have an addon 'scraper' that will recognise local filenaming schemes as used by SML and ThumbGen, or have a stand-alone script that will read existing TGMD files and load this data directly into the XBMC databases, including the paths to existing artwork.

Yeah, I did my research and found about the same informations. Seems that the actual "best" way of managing media informations is to use a media manager (like media compation or Ember media manager, question : do you use one ?) and produce local files nfo, tbn and jpg as needed by XBMC (because when adding a data source, XBMC always prefer locally available data over internet scrapers to build its database). One thing I'm not sure yet is that XBMC NFO file for Movies seems to contain a thumb tag containing path to the thumbnail (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import-export_library), then no need to follow the xxx.tbn naming scheme right ? Moreover, the XBMC NFO TV Show file contains thumb AND fanart tags (same source), so I wonder if I can set a thumb AND a fanart for Movies as well. I will try that.

Else, yes I guess, I will have to go to the One movie per folder scheme and rename my thumbs/fanarts.

Keep posted. So, anyway, I think I wont use SML anymore, no needs right ?

Bye-bye.

Thus, I guess a script taking the TGMD/NFO file

February 04, 2013, 03:06:03 AM
Reply #335

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Hi airone,

Following a bit more research, I have SML and XBMC happily working together.

It turns out that if you name your sheets in the form 'moviefilename-fanart.jpg' then XBMC will pick it up, so I'm able to keep multiple movies in a single directory.

So I just get SML to automatically re-generate (from the TGMD files), the sheets and thumbs with the XBMC names and at the same time have SML regenerate the NFO files in XBMC format and presto XBMC indexes everything from the local files, without having to do anything with the current storages.
(In the default 'Confluence' theme I just set the view to 'fanart' and set 'Hide Information' because all the information is shown in the sheets.).

I have also left the original sheets and thumbs untouched so that when I fire up the WDTVLive, it still displays everthing as usual so both systems use the same storage sources.

I will be releasing a new version of SML that fits XBMC a little better, such as the option to specify the file extension and will modify some of the templates to better fit in with the XBMC themes.

I don't use Media Managers mainly because I have never found one that I liked.

Cheers,
bunyip.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:59:42 PM by bunyip »

February 20, 2013, 01:04:19 AM
Reply #336

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Maintenance Versions of both the GUI and CLI bundles released.

GUI - Version 1.27.1 - Fixes missing data from the IMDB lookup, caused by recent IMDB site changes.

CLI - Version 1.0.3 - Fixes missing data from the IMDB lookup, fixes undersized fonts, fixes crash when using the 'Trickle Cover' templates.

June 12, 2013, 02:06:47 AM
Reply #337

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Another Maintenance Version of both the GUI and CLI bundles released.

GUI - Version 1.27.2
CLI  - Version 1.0.4

Critical Fix - GUI and CLI...
A recently detected bug has existed since the first version where some parts of the code don't handle spaces in path names for the temporary work directory. While it doesn't cause program crashes it certainly caused the program not to work properly for many users.
These releases have fixed that problem and should now operate correctly for everyone. A special thanks to the user that raised the alert on this problem.

Also included in GUI Version...
- Fixed problem where you could only add files for processing from within the Viewer if a sheet already exists.
- Added '.divx' extension to video file detection list.
- Improved Directory Management and Cleanup

June 13, 2013, 04:08:27 PM
Reply #338

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
### WARNING #### Product re-call.

Do not use versions: GUI: 1.27.2 and CLI: 1.0.4

There is a potential that when cleaning up the temporary work file directory it will delete files it's not supposed to.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:25:16 AM by bunyip »

June 16, 2013, 02:29:24 AM
Reply #339

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Another Maintenance Version of both the GUI and CLI bundles released.

GUI - Version 1.27.2
CLI  - Version 1.0.4

Critical Fix - GUI and CLI...
A recently detected bug has existed since the first version where some parts of the code don't handle spaces in path names for the temporary work directory. While it doesn't cause program crashes it certainly caused the program not to work properly for many users.
These releases have fixed that problem and should now operate correctly for everyone. A special thanks to the user that raised the alert on this problem.

Also included in GUI Version...
- Fixed problem where you could only add files for processing from within the Viewer if a sheet already exists.
- Added '.divx' extension to video file detection list.
- Improved Directory Management and Cleanup

The fixed versions are now available.
GUI - Version 1.27.3
CLI  - Version 1.0.5
(Uses personal working directory so it's better behaved).

August 10, 2013, 08:32:48 AM
Reply #340

teachme

loving the program i am having problems getting thumbnails all the jpgs it generates looks the same and i have no thumbnails when browsing my movies the sheets are there just not a thumb.

August 10, 2013, 08:43:08 AM
Reply #341

teachme

ok sorry i cant edit my post yet i am getting a thumbnail ist just the same pic as the sheet background and its smaller. so maybe i got a setting off. all the jpgs it makes looks the same. sorry i am comming from thumbgen in windows . love the program though.

August 10, 2013, 03:17:44 PM
Reply #342

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
loving the program i am having problems getting thumbnails all the jpgs it generates looks the same and i have no thumbnails when browsing my movies the sheets are there just not a thumb.
ok sorry i cant edit my post yet i am getting a thumbnail ist just the same pic as the sheet background and its smaller. so maybe i got a setting off. all the jpgs it makes looks the same. sorry i am comming from thumbgen in windows . love the program though.

Hi teachme,

Thanks for trying the program.

There isn't much that can go wrong with the thumbnails so the problem is a bit puzzling, unless you are using a template for the thumbnail and that could be causing the problem.

If you are using a thumbnail template, then try it without one. If it's a template issue then I can check the template code itself.

If you are not using a template then it may be some configuration setting. If so then could you post the contents of your 'conf' file here (or if you prefer, you could email it to me at sheetmaker@bunyipawonga.org ).

Cheers,
bunyip

August 10, 2013, 06:03:01 PM
Reply #343

teachme

ok whats happening is its making all the pics the same. I have tried 2 templates but when i go to the sheet editor and load the tgmd file the thumb is perfect so what i am doing is making my sheets then loading the tgmd right clicking on the thumb hitting save as jpg and browsing to the folder and saving it as folder.jpg and the dark night.jpg and it works. here is my config i am sure its something i am doing wrong thanks for the fast reply. it is making all the files they just all look the same.

# SheetMaker Config Settings
CERTIFICATION=0
COLLECTOR=0
EDIT_ATTRIBUTES=0
EXSHEET_CREATE=0
EXSHEET_NAME=$M/$F_sheet
EXSHEET_OVERWRITE=1
EXSHEET_TEMPLATE=4
EXTHUMBNAIL_CREATE=1
EXTHUMBNAIL_NAME=$M/folder
EXTHUMBNAIL_OVERWRITE=1
EXTHUMBNAIL_TEMPLATE=4
LANGUAGE=5
LOGFILE=/home/teachme/Downloads/sheetmaker_1_27_3/sheetmaker.log
LOG_OPTION=1
MAINSHEET_CREATE=1
MAINSHEET_NAME=$M/$N$E_sheet
MAINSHEET_OVERWRITE=1
MAINSHEET_TEMPLATE=4
MI_TIMEOUT=20
MOVIEPARENTFOLDER=/home/teachme/Downloads/sheetmaker_1_27_3
NFO_CREATE=0
NFO_FORMAT=0
NFO_NAME=$M/$N
NFO_OVERWRITE=0
PASHEET_CREATE=0
PASHEET_NAME=$M/../$P_sheet
PASHEET_OVERWRITE=1
PASHEET_TEMPLATE=4
PLUGIN_PLAYLIST=0
PREFERTGMD=1
PREFER_FA_TGMD=0
TEMPDIR=/home/teachme/Downloads/sheetmaker_1_27_3
TEMPLATEDIR=/home/teachme/Downloads/sheetmaker_1_27_3/templates
TGMD_CREATE=1
TGMD_NAME=$M/$N$E
TGMD_OVERWRITE=0
THUMBNAIL_CREATE=1
THUMBNAIL_NAME=$M/$N
THUMBNAIL_OVERWRITE=1
THUMBNAIL_TEMPLATE=4
USEFOLDERNAMES=0

August 10, 2013, 06:23:10 PM
Reply #344

bunyip

• Sheetmaker for Linux
Thanks teachme,

Yes, as suspected all your template values are the same and they should not be. They are pointing to the same 'movie-sheet' template probably.

Code: [Select]
EXSHEET_TEMPLATE=4
EXTHUMBNAIL_TEMPLATE=4
MAINSHEET_TEMPLATE=4
PASHEET_TEMPLATE=4
THUMBNAIL_TEMPLATE=4

The thumbnails should be set to no template (i.e. value 0) or to one of the 'thumbnail-type' templates (e.g. 'Extreme_Movie Thumbs_CoverBox DVDCase_3_BlackBG').

So, go to the 'options' tab and set the thumbnail templates to nothing and re-run the test.

Cheers,
bunyip.