Thanks for taking the time to give feedback, yes this is what I need from testers.
1. The template you are using here is in fact an 'xslt' template, unfortunately 'xslt' support is not yet implemented, but it's on the todo list.
XLST templates include embedded code that does some fancy formatting. My program however can only use the 'xml' copy of the template at this time, but the XML doesn't include the intelligence, so several elements like the movie time is not able to be rendered properly.
If you want to continue using this template in the meantime, you would need to modify the XML version of the template to explicitly define the formatting.
2. The mysterious '
' string is an instruction in the XML template shown in the '<Directors Seperator' value. It's the encoded Windows CR/LF characters. I will need make a change in my program to convert these to the Linux equivalent. I'll make sure that this is included in the next release.
3. The code warnings you are getting in the log are not serious, they are just where the code is testing for values that are no longer defined or needed. I'll clean these up as I develop the code further.
4. The continuing 'unable to find files' error sadly is my fault - I neglected to remove some redundant code in release 1.19, this has been corrected in the next release, 1.20, which should be available in a day or two. (Although in your example I think you'll find that the file really doesn't exist).
5. I think the option to write images as 16bit BMP (and other forms) should be able to be implemented (I need to do a bit of testing first).
6. Options - yes I am including the ability to turn on/off any item, as well as applying different templates to each. I feel that there are too many screens and options in Thumbgen, I'm trying to keep this simpler and easier to use, by grouping several options in one.