Author Topic: WDTV Live HUB General discussion  (Read 30047 times)

January 07, 2011, 05:01:10 AM
Reply #15

coolzero

Xml

Hi,

any of you found a way to change the language of the "get info" tool ? It only gather US film's informations but i am not from USA...

I found thumbgen tool but it did not support the new xml format for the live hub.

please help.

Nicolas.

January 10, 2011, 03:33:16 PM
Reply #16

serarris

I just picked up the Hub a couple of days ago. I also have the WDTV Live and love it. My wife and I stream a lot of Netflix movies and wanted to upgrade. I didn't know if this was widely known, but apparently the Hub only supports up to a 2TB external drive via USB. I had been using a Seagate 1.5TB and it is dying (glad it's still under warranty and I only lost one movie!). I purchased a 3TB WD My Book at the same time as the Hub. Seems like it took forever to move the DVD's and MKV's over to it (over 2TB worth of video). I plugged it in and the Hub said something like " At this time, only drives up to 2TB in size are recognized". How disappointing! I am debating on whether to take this thing back or hopefully they have an upcoming update to allow for larger hard drives.

January 29, 2011, 09:38:26 PM
Reply #17

Jbeau3d

Same issue here regarding the 2TB max. I hope they address this issue soon.

March 09, 2011, 03:59:41 PM
Reply #18

Whoheart

Yeah, I gave up on WD finally and moved to the Boxee Box, only check in to see if the firmware gets updated now and then.
Nice to see the site still going on though :)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

March 15, 2011, 05:30:32 AM
Reply #19

3dxr

• Global Moderator

New firmware (2.4.13) is released tune.in or webpage based shoutcast support.
currently is not required run DLNA server for listenning shoutcast stations

March 15, 2011, 06:46:49 AM
Reply #20

beatmaster

flingo is a nice addition as well, imo.

but why didnít they give the hub bluray-menu as they did with the live?
and iím still waiting for full 5.1 pcm as well.
WDTV LIVE Hub - MacBookPro 2010 - Dlink DIR 685 (500GB) - PLEXnine/Playback on Snow Leopard

March 15, 2011, 10:26:35 AM
Reply #21

montanajr

Looking to purchase a WD Hub and want to connect it to my network via ethernet, and not wireless. I was looking at purchasing BELKIN F5D4077 Surf Powerline AV Adaptor Kit in order to run the internet through the house electric and connect the Hub to my network. I know WD do their own Powerline adapter, but I already have this Belkin.

Would this work fine? Can I hook 1 Belkin up to my router then have the other in my lounge, connecting to the WD Hub?

Would this cause any issues?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

April 25, 2011, 11:58:48 AM
Reply #22

southafricanrob

Hi there,
Anyone with first hand experience of the Live vs Live Hub? - sounds likes Live with custom firmware is as good at half the price....Be interested to know what little day to day features make it better/worse ....for e.g. I have the Gen 1 WDTV and hate the way it fast forwards and that I can't set up folder view as the default...

Also a big question is whether its possible to make music playlists ON the device - that feature seems to be absent from all WDs so far...would love to be able to scroll through the library and add from the menu instead of having to make playlist files on my laptop and mission them across...

And lastly what exactly can the colored buttons on the remote be configured to???
Thanks...

May 26, 2011, 01:28:24 AM
Reply #23

southafricanrob

Hi again - doesnt seem to be much movement on this forum but giving another bash.
I have just ordered the Live Hub and now need to get a router as setting up my network from scratch.
Any suggestions on good routers / bad routers. I have a Macbook and Ipad and my girlfriend has a windows laptop but something that will maybe tend towards the mac side would be good...

thanks

June 08, 2011, 08:08:04 AM
Reply #24

Danforth

I'm thinking of buying a WDTV Live Hub, but before I make my mind up I just want to ask you guys if it has that plague known as Cinavia? And if so, is it possible to downgrade to an older firmware without it? I searched around for a while, but I can't seem to find a definite answer.

June 08, 2011, 08:45:34 AM
Reply #25

beatmaster

no cinavia, and none planned. stated somewhere in the wdc coomunity by the devs
WDTV LIVE Hub - MacBookPro 2010 - Dlink DIR 685 (500GB) - PLEXnine/Playback on Snow Leopard

June 08, 2011, 10:01:13 AM
Reply #26

Danforth

Brilliant! Thank you very much, beatmaster :)

January 18, 2012, 02:10:45 AM
Reply #27

harris

Hello,

I have a problem with my WDTV Live HUB. I tried to see a movie(mkv) from the network and I noticed that it is not possible to see my subtitles in the WDTV menu if it is in a separate file.
When I added the movie and the .srt file in the internal HDD, the problem is solved and the subtitles are visible in the menu.
I don't know why the .srt is not readable from WDTV when it is from the network HDD, I will check today with an .avi movie and .srt in order to check if it is only a problem in mkv format.

Harris

April 16, 2012, 02:20:20 PM
Reply #28

DrBanner

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:13:11 PM by DrBanner »