Author Topic: After updating to firmware 1.04.10_V audio is distorted  (Read 1646 times)

November 28, 2010, 04:32:31 AM
Read 1646 times

latawiec

After updating to firmware 1.04.10_V,audio is distorted. Some videos does not have an audio at all - they used to play with older firmware and one who had audio are very loud and distorted.

November 28, 2010, 11:37:21 PM
Reply #1

fdproxy

I got the same problem in Youtube. It disappeared after a hard reset.

December 02, 2010, 07:32:00 AM
Reply #2

animal99

Sorry but I tried to perform a Hard Reset - a number of times, and I'm still having the same AUDIO DISTORTION on AVI files that the user above first reported. I am going to try re=flashing again with the 1.04.10 firmware. Will let you know how it turns out!

December 02, 2010, 08:32:11 AM
Reply #3

animal99

Ok, I got rid of the distortion issue on AVI files, although Playback of MKv files are still slow to start playing.

First a bit of background, I performed a hard reset a number of times. First time, I pressed reset button for about 60 seconds. Still no good.

2nd time, Pressed reset button for 1 Second... Still no Good Audio.

Tried Software reset to FACTORY DEFAULTS. Still Audio not affected.

Unplugged USB drive (WD Essentials, 1 TB)... and then unplugged WDTV LIVE for about 2 minutes.

Plugged in USB HD drive. Turned WDTV-Live back on.

Re-configured VIDEO (I have mine plugged in through COMPONENT, using YUV).

Re-configured NETWORK settings to match my Network setup.

Re-configured System Settings - Turned OFF "Media Library".

Rescanned USB drive.

Played back specific AVI file that was previously giving me audio distortion - and VIOLA! (success)

Perhaps a normal HARD RESET doesn't work for everyone. It didn't work for me. Unpluggin unit turned out to be the best solution.  And YES, I probably didn't have to go through all this but I did it to cover all possible solutions.

December 02, 2010, 01:07:57 PM
Reply #4

animal99

Ok, I got rid of the distortion issue on AVI files but I see now where the REAL problem lies:

The new firmware does not decode MP3's properly. Any media file that uses MPEG audio is now SCREWED up.

Audio played is either distorted or when "fixed" through various reboot techniques - lacks any kind of STEREO separation, and LACKS any definitive BASS.

In fact, it sounds more like it's the surround sound channels that are actually being heard.

I'm going BACK to firmware 1.02.xx - if I can find it!