Author Topic: WDTV LIVE New Official Firmware Update 1.04.10_V  (Read 122226 times)

June 15, 2011, 12:28:19 PM
Reply #105

simate

Well, I sold my WD TV Live after the last firmware cockup. WD should have fixed it within days. I now own an HDI Dune D1 which is MILES better, plus.....it works!

July 04, 2011, 10:15:33 AM
Reply #106

myckee

I just got the WD Live and the first thing I did was install the 1.05.04 firmware. here are a few observations. From what I can tell, everything works but it is fussy.

For those that do not have sound, if you access the options menu and reselect the audio, the sound will work. but the text does not sdisplay correctly to tell you which sound stream you are listening to. To see the stream you are listening to after you select it, press the left or right arrow as though you were going to change another option and then go back to the sound option. Now at the top left of your screen you will see the name of the audio you are listening to. The text is not centered like it should be. This must be done every time you turn on your WD Live and try to watch a movie.

The same trick works for the subtitles. Select the subs and then move left or right and then back to the subtitles option and you will see the name of the subs at the top left.

Similarly for those that use the composite output and the screen is the incorrect size, in settings toggle between widescreen and normal. You might have to do this twice. Now after you have done this try to play your file and it should be correct for either widescreen or normal depending on what you desired. This must be done every time you turn on your WD Live. 

So while it is a pain in the butt to do these steps...atleast it does work.

I hope that helps!

July 10, 2011, 05:46:42 AM
Reply #107

jegamaster

I ave this 1.05.04 firmware and it's working fine with out any problem..   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

July 28, 2011, 11:24:34 AM
Reply #108

mccstumble

I to have the underwhelming lastest firmware.
I got the device almost a year ago and didn't want to be messing about with custome firmware. I had hoped that WD would release an update that had BBC iPlayer, Love Film and other such functionality that would be useful here in the UK. Oh, and decent menu navigation!! How foolish was I??

With hindsight I wish I had never bought the WDTV Live and instead had bought a DLNA Sony Blu-Ray player that comes with useful apps and also has the ability to utilise the existing home network.

Lesson learned and will propably off-load my WDTV and put the cash towards a DLNA blu-ray player.

It has been an underwhelming experience form the moment the device first booted and here we are a year later and it all pretty much looks the same as it did on day one!!

In my humble opinion WD don't seem to value user feedback and rely too much on Forums to possibly improve the user experience instead of developing a logical set of methods, like Logitech do with their Squeezebox Server players. A simple dedicated server that allows the user (using tick boxes) to select the plugins or apps they want to use without the risk of killing the devices or spending hours, days or weeks working out how to get it all working again.

I reckon close on a year is long enough to susect WD have no immediate plans to include iPlayer etc in their updates.

Enough said............

August 04, 2011, 01:33:11 PM
Reply #109

FVD

Hi,

i have the same feeling, this is my second wdtv media player, last year wdtv gen1 and now a wdtvlive, but the way WD have taking care of their software, let me think this is not the correct way to do with their customer, more than that this change without any quality control, did a  mess in my book essentila with the result of losing my photos and family videos.

I do admire teh B-Rad efforts, suprising maybe they have to hire you to make a better OS wihout so many problem.

Bye for now and thx to brad and other that did make a difference, much much better than WD.

just to let you know the wdcommunity if driving by users, so sometime you donīt receive any help.

Regards

FVD

August 09, 2011, 11:15:28 AM
Reply #110

straycat

August 11, 2011, 02:11:44 PM
Reply #111

PapaW

*sigh*
Yep the latest update.. 1.6.sommit somthing... has cause yet more problems.

Now i can only play a file and thats it.... after that all controls freeze and i have to disconnect the power to regain control. This happens with every video file now.

I wanna go back to the original base firmware! atleast it worked!

August 13, 2011, 10:04:38 PM
Reply #112

straycat

It's really strange to read that some people have these serious problems ...

I might have encountered a little flaw here and there, but my files have always played and the device never freezes or something like that.

August 14, 2011, 05:30:37 PM
Reply #113

schnoid

The new update didn't break anything for me, but then again it didn't seem to help either (as far as I can tell). I'm pretty annoyed though that I still can't see thumbnails that aren't saved as folder.jpg. All my cover art is saved as the same file name as the movie but with the .jpg extension. I really don't want to have to rename every single one.  :(

August 15, 2011, 05:17:46 AM
Reply #114

msujdog

August 15, 2011, 09:43:50 AM
Reply #115

straycat

I really don't want to have to rename every single one.  :(

That's annoying of course, but I guess you know that there are bulk renaming tools.

August 20, 2011, 07:26:53 AM
Reply #116

Miguel_cruz

*sigh*

Now i can only play a file and thats it.... after that all controls freeze and i have to disconnect the power to regain control. This happens with every video file now.

I wanna go back to the original base firmware! atleast it worked!

Hello papa w. I have the same problem... I'm very, very sad... :-( firmware 1.05.04 was great. Have you found a way to correct this? I reversed the firmware to all previous versions but the bugs remained. Did this happen to you too? It seems that only my avi's and mpeg's are affected, I've been able to play ISO files without problem. It seems that the only way for us is to wait for another firmware update... wich may take another month or never... I've read another of your posts and asked the same thing there. Thank you

August 20, 2011, 07:49:03 AM
Reply #117

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Not sure if this would help but you may try and do a factory reset.  You have a menu item that does that but that may not be enough.  Try and reset via the small hole next to USB port 1.  You will have to use a paper clip or similar to press the button in the hole.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

August 20, 2011, 10:10:07 PM
Reply #118

Topdog

Isn't it about time we had a new thread relevant to the new F/W version 1.06.15_ V rather than making this one longer and longer??

August 21, 2011, 07:22:18 AM
Reply #119

Miguel_cruz

*sigh*

I wanna go back to the original base firmware! at least it worked!

Hello again Papa W. Yesterday I found a partial solution to our problem. I tested an older firmware version (1.02.21) that you can find at http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hd-media-player-or-wd-tv-live

It worked! Before that I pressed the reset button on the side of the device, although I don't know if that saulved anything. After that I tried to upgrade to 1.05.04 (wich was ok to me!) but the bugs came back. I put it back on 1.02.21 and it worked again. I want to try 1.04.22 (my original factory firmware) to see if it works but right now I'm willing to keep this one for a few days, weeks... Who knows? Everything seems to work well for now.