Author Topic: WDTV LIVE New Official Firmware Update 1.04.10_V  (Read 122218 times)

November 27, 2010, 03:54:30 AM
Reply #30

Vischi

>:( video icon in the thumbnail picture

I also find that this is really a negativ point ...

"...Like the new additions, but why have they moved the folder image on the thumbnails to close to the center and not the bottom?
Covers the logos and makes it harder to recognise what a show is by just looking at covers. ...."

I want to see my pictures and not the video symbolic picture !!

What do you think ?

Can I move the position of the video picture ?

Bye
Vischi

November 27, 2010, 05:09:21 AM
Reply #31

k_nenad

After updating to 1.04.10_V, MP3 audio playback is distorted.

November 27, 2010, 07:52:46 AM
Reply #32

reddog694

Does this update allow use of usb hubs yet?
Usb hubs are essential to users expanding their storage and utility needs, The lack of hub support must, We trust, Be a temporary oversight.
Thanks.
Mark
reddog694
United Kingdom

November 27, 2010, 08:10:53 AM
Reply #33

reddog694

@Latis.
Latis, You mention DVD's, Are you running a dvd player through the media player? I confess to not understanding your logic here. WDTV replaces your dvd. You will never have to buy a dvd, Blu-ray or hd disc again. Just encode your collection to a hard drive,(Yeah Right!!), And have yourself a garage sale!!

November 27, 2010, 03:49:02 PM
Reply #34

strongbow

This new firmware causes avi's to stutter badly over a network. Oddly 720/1080p MKV's play perfectly over the same network. That's the second firmware update to cause me trouble  >:( The last one before this caused the box to be unstable and I thought this would fix it. It did fix the instablilty problems I had but causes the new problem above.
How do i roll the firmware back and where do I find the old firmware online? B-rads is looking more tempting than it did before.

November 28, 2010, 12:01:11 PM
Reply #35

wasim274

I thought things were going really well.  DVD menus working perfectly from local drives.  Enjoyed for a couple of days.  Then tried to play films from network shares.  Stuttering from beginning as though there was suddenly a bandwidth problem.  I have been playing these films for months (using a HomePLug connection) without any problem.  Now...?

November 28, 2010, 06:12:15 PM
Reply #36

pob

I upgraded recently and then found that the audio of both my mkv files and the audio from Internet now sound 'tinny'. My wife also remared on this with no prompting from me.

The new Internet capability is not worth the degredation in the audio quality.

I will be trying some other audio settings to see if this makes a difference but I may also be reverting to the previous version until this gets fixed.

November 29, 2010, 01:29:18 AM
Reply #37

lotuswolf05

Hi there I've just registered to provide my feedback on this firmware upgrade.

1. On the menus the moving of the folder icon to the centre is a serious detractor, as others have previously mentioned and shown screenshots of, definitely needs changing back.

2. I've also experienced major issues with network stream performance, upon selecting a video to watch from my WD My Book World 2TB drive it now takes ages to actually start the film, irrelevant of encoding or size, not sure if the WD TV LIVE is now trying to buffer a lot more than it was, but when the film does eventually start the first few seconds of the video is in fast-forward before then "catching up". I also found that this started really occurring for me in the previous firmware version.

3. This is the biggie, I also find that 1080p MKV files are unplayable under this firmware, within 2 seconds they are stuttering and just grind to a halt, it's as if the network connection is suddenly beng choked.

I'm going to have to revert back a couple of firmwares as a result of this, that's my feedback for ya.

LW

November 29, 2010, 07:21:30 PM
Reply #38

Topdog

I installed 1.04.4.10 and have had no issues at all with it, but as I don't need or want the added Internet features I reverted to 1.03.49 anyway, which I also had no problems with..Just sit on the fence meanwhile...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:47:34 PM by Topdog »

November 30, 2010, 04:04:18 AM
Reply #39

timw

I upgraded recently and then found that the audio of both my mkv files and the audio from Internet now sound 'tinny'. My wife also remared on this with no prompting from me.

The new Internet capability is not worth the degredation in the audio quality.

I will be trying some other audio settings to see if this makes a difference but I may also be reverting to the previous version until this gets fixed.
I had the audio problem too, but I've managed to work around it by using a uPNP app on my phone to reduce the volume coming out of the WDTV. I think the default setting is overloading something, so adjusting it down fixes the problem. Unfortunately I know of no way of doing this if you don't have a uPNP control app.

November 30, 2010, 08:48:06 PM
Reply #40

brikelly

I also had the distorted audio problem after upgrading (and it went away after yoinking the power and rebooting). Annoying, but not the end of the world.

More worryingly, I found that both 1.04.10 and 1.03.49 cause my player to not boot properly unless the cable is pulled. The player's light would come on and my HDMI switch detected some kind of signal, but nothing would show up on the TV. Pulling the cable was the only way to get things back in order.

Reaching into my gear cabinet every day to do pull a cable was not an option, so I downgraded to 1.02.21 and the problem went away.

I'll be avoiding upgrades from now on. Sigh.

December 01, 2010, 09:22:59 AM
Reply #41

Binary

Also had audio issues (distorted/tin-can-sound) while watching video over network.
Went back to v1.3.49.

December 01, 2010, 11:37:15 PM
Reply #42

rooster

I discovered a thing with DVD playback.
All my DVD are saved on HDD as ISO files. There are a few that were saves as regular VIDEO_TS form and are unwatchable with current firmware upgrade.
Still there are no problems with ISO versions.

So all that is needed is for DVDs to be saved as ISO files, and stuttering will be thing of the past.. I hope.
hope I helped a bit..

December 03, 2010, 01:58:33 AM
Reply #43

rooster

Can someone help with playing Blue-rays on WDTV live.. is it possible to play them with menus with this firmware.
I start 0000.m2t and it just freezes  :'(

How do I play them.. I'm good with dvd, but blue ray is a new beast for me

December 03, 2010, 03:27:20 AM
Reply #44

Kalpesh

If I upgrade the new wdtvlive_1.04.10_V firmware, does it mean that all the bugs which have been identified in earlier releases (Version 1.03.49_V, Version 1.02.21,  Version 1.01.24,  Version 1.01.17,  Version 1.01.11) remains fixed and resolved?

I am currently having 1.02.21 version and facing issues while playing some of the MKVs (1050p) files. There will be an audio for one second in the beginning of the playback than, no audio and movie automatically starts fast forwarding......

Ver 1.03.49_v is having a fix related to MKV playback..... So if I upgrade to ver 1.04.10_v, will it also contain fixes included in Ver 1.03.49_v?

Please help.