Author Topic: WDTV LIVE New Official Firmware Update 1.04.10_V  (Read 122235 times)

November 24, 2010, 11:27:44 AM
Reply #15

fernboy

This firmware doesn't work for me. DVD playback shutters on movies that were working perfectly previously. I am also using My movies to stream through my XBOX360 and I don't have these issues.

Reverting to 1.03.XX...I still can't figure out what they are doing at WD to introduce new issues time and time again...Sad, Sad, Sad

November 25, 2010, 12:53:04 AM
Reply #16

deeexit

Well, I've kind of found a workaround for dvd movies...it has to be something with the menu play, as if you start to watch the movie from the preview mode it works just fine, but if you start from the first file video_ts.vob, it doesnt want to work...it shutters...

hope this helps someone...

November 25, 2010, 07:45:40 AM
Reply #17

rooster

Here are my issues:

* audio starts breaking after a while (if box is turned on for a day or two). Audio breaks for half a sec and continues normally in sync. Its just annoying. Unpluging of device helps for a day or two.
* DVD play gets broken. Vob is playing but there is no video or audio. It also happens if bad DVD is being played (badly coded), codecs get all wrong and no other DVD plays until device is unplugged.

These two problems are present since 1.2 fimware, so please help. Its not HDMI, its not bit depth, is not audio out, since its on stereo.

* Blue rays are not playing at all, not sure if its corrected, since I deleted only blue ray I had ripped with menus.

November 25, 2010, 08:27:57 AM
Reply #18

fernboy

Reverted to 1.03.42 and everything is back to normal and works. I just hope it doesn' t take too long before they fix the video shutter issue as the new web features are pretty cool.

if it can help, the video shuttering was introduced in version 1.03.49 for me.

November 26, 2010, 06:34:29 AM
Reply #19

Bambo

This version does not show any vids from my twonky 6.0.x.

November 26, 2010, 06:49:07 AM
Reply #20

rooster

One additional thing:

using online content while using torrents at high download speed, freezes the box.
Maybe its not torrents, still it freezes :(

November 26, 2010, 08:04:07 AM
Reply #21

Bambo

i forgot to say, its incredible slow. For me unuseable.

November 26, 2010, 11:48:50 AM
Reply #22

jodee13

I have the same problem afet upgrading to 1.04.10...Many of my MKV files on a network drive do not start to play now, or they take many seconds before they start. If I try to fast forward, then I can see the video....but something has gone really bad with this new firmware....Anyone else experiencing this problem...?

November 26, 2010, 11:57:35 AM
Reply #23

jodee13

Does anyone know how to revert back to the 1.03.49 version (From 1.04.10)....I downloaded 1.03.49 and put the 2 files in the root folder of a USB stick (Does it need to be a drive?). I pressed HOME & Settings per the release notes but never see any place to update firmware, other than where it checks the WD Site via the internet, and that comes back saying my firmware is up to date.

November 26, 2010, 01:22:44 PM
Reply #25

jodee13

Thanks...that worked perfectly....Also, it does work using a USB "stick"

November 26, 2010, 01:24:26 PM
Reply #26

jodee13

Also, going back to 1.03.49 resolved my problem of not playing MKV files on a network drive...

November 26, 2010, 02:13:41 PM
Reply #27

cole46_51

only thing i see different is more options in the internet section and when playing .mp3's they sound horrible like 8 track on an AM station!

November 26, 2010, 03:39:20 PM
Reply #28

cole46_51

odd....so i downgraded to FW 1.03.49 and lost network shares, so i upgraded back to this new FW and got network shares back and .mp3s sound fine....so as of now, new FW is running fine for me ;D

November 26, 2010, 09:36:01 PM
Reply #29

climber07

Hello everybody!

I have upgraded yesterday to fw 1.04.10_V and am now sadly seeing performance issues with DVD playing. The video starts to shutter a few seconds in play. The same movie worked very well on 1.03 version, where it was stated that DVD playout has been fixed. Are there any changes in the DVD play stack within the new fw? Please help, as I love the new widgets, but am seriously thinking of reverting to 1.03 for DVD stability.

Thanks in advance and best regards to all!

I downloaded the 1.04.10_V update via my WDTV Live's wireless adapter and cannot steam standard vob, mts, avi, or mpg files.  The video streams with audio for a second or two then starts to stutter as if there were bandwidth problems.  Once the video starts to stutter, the sound disappears.  I rolled back the firmware to version 1.3.49_V and the problem went away. 

Not sure if anyone else has similar problems.

I have a Belkin USB wireless adapter and a D-Link 615 dual N wireless router.  Hope this helps.

FIRMWARE VERSION 1.4.10_V CAUSES VIDEO PLAYBACK ISSUES.