Author Topic: WDTV LIVE New Official Firmware Update 1.04.10_V  (Read 122152 times)

November 22, 2010, 07:26:55 PM
Read 122152 times

Whoheart

And we have new Firmware 1.04.10_V

(remember before you start moaning, do a reset ;-)

What's in this update?
Release 1.04.10 (11/22/10)

* Supports Facebook application.
    * Supports Deezer application.
    * Supports Flingo application.
    * Supports AccuWeather application.
    * Supports USB keyboards.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:40:17 PM by jayallan »
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

November 22, 2010, 07:41:44 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 22, 2010, 07:49:53 PM
Reply #2

Whoheart

So you edit something, but didn't add a link? ;)

Of course at time of writing you can't download the firmware from the link, its only updated able via the internet from the WDTV Live.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

November 23, 2010, 02:46:21 AM
Reply #3

microler

Comes version 1.04 with the new hub GUI?

November 23, 2010, 05:50:20 AM
Reply #4

Whoheart

Comes version 1.04 with the new hub GUI?

I don't know what the hub GUI looks like, but the interface hasn't changed my - except to add a lot of new items under "Internet Media"

November 23, 2010, 07:15:45 AM
Reply #5

JJ04

Like the new additions, but why have they moved the folder image on the thumbnails to close to the center and not the bottom?
Covers the logos and makes it harder to recognise what a show is by just looking at covers.

November 23, 2010, 08:02:26 AM
Reply #6

Hagman

This is SICK !
I like the new apps, but why the f*** have they moved the folder-icons ?

I'm back to the previous firmware agin.
Damn, i'm stunned that WD could do that  :'(

November 23, 2010, 10:11:22 AM
Reply #7

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo

So you edit something, but didn't add a link? ;)

Of course at time of writing you can't download the firmware from the link, its only updated able via the internet from the WDTV Live.

Only thing I edited was the title ;)
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 23, 2010, 02:36:46 PM
Reply #8

bozint

This is SICK !
I like the new apps, but why the f*** have they moved the folder-icons ?

I'm back to the previous firmware agin.
Damn, i'm stunned that WD could do that  :'(

I'm on b'rads firmware still, and yet to try out the official one, but that sucks a lot actually. No point in having a folder.jpg with this fw then.

Some nice stuff being addressed in the fw log though, good for WD and us.

November 23, 2010, 07:13:56 PM
Reply #9

pitokhato

Prompted for new firmware and updated to latest version without any issues
Lots of new applications under internet media.

How does USB keyborad works?  Just plug-in any regular USB keyboard in USB port of WDTV Live and it will replace on screen keyboard?

No luck with HD video on Youtube!!! ;D

Thanks

November 23, 2010, 11:48:30 PM
Reply #10

deeexit

Hello everybody!

I have upgraded yesterday to fw 1.04.10_V and am now sadly seeing performance issues with DVD playing. The video starts to shutter a few seconds in play. The same movie worked very well on 1.03 version, where it was stated that DVD playout has been fixed. Are there any changes in the DVD play stack within the new fw? Please help, as I love the new widgets, but am seriously thinking of reverting to 1.03 for DVD stability.

Thanks in advance and best regards to all!

November 24, 2010, 02:06:08 AM
Reply #11

latis

• XTCabandonware
Hello everybody!

I have upgraded yesterday to fw 1.04.10_V and am now sadly seeing performance issues with DVD playing. The video starts to shutter a few seconds in play. The same movie worked very well on 1.03 version, where it was stated that DVD playout has been fixed. Are there any changes in the DVD play stack within the new fw? Please help, as I love the new widgets, but am seriously thinking of reverting to 1.03 for DVD stability.

Thanks in advance and best regards to all!

I got some issue on playing a mkv over the network, since this new release.
I see the first frame, then it stops for a few seconds and video starts playing normally.

Furthermore I experienced some overmodulated sounds on an episode I watched yesterday.  :-\
The sound in the episode itself was ok though (tested on laptop)
I think it had to do with the fact that I logged in on one of the new internet apps, accuweather and facebook.

November 24, 2010, 06:36:23 AM
Reply #12

deeexit

I think it had to do with the fact that I logged in on one of the new internet apps, accuweather and facebook.

thats exactly what i thought at first, but after doing a factory reset, it still did not work. I'll try to reset the setting on my samba server, but its a long shot. Other media I've tried works ok...mkv, avi, ts...

November 24, 2010, 07:44:06 AM
Reply #13

RoofingGuy

No luck with HD video on Youtube!!! ;D

YouTube always has blocked HD to set-top boxes, and probably always will.

You'll also have no luck with any SD videos that the uploader has marked "do not allow this video to be streamed to set-top boxes."  YouTube blocks those as well, like the uploader asked them to.

November 24, 2010, 10:05:27 AM
Reply #14

Tobber

Just switch to WDLXTV and enjoy YouTube in all its HD-Glory :-)