Author Topic: BUG 1.02.07 - Brand New Unit Suddenly Stops Playing... everything.  (Read 2787 times)

May 14, 2009, 03:28:33 PM
Read 2787 times

bobosquishy

I bought my WDTV two days ago.  I upgraded the firmware to the latest 1.02.07 immediately and then customized all my settings.  It was working fine for two days, and then for no apparent reason, it wouldn't play anything.  I could see all my files and file sizes for any USB hard drive I plugged in (I tried several), but when I selected a video file to play, it would just show a black screen and I was unable to bring up the options menu or use the stop button on the remote.  I could still exit playback with the back and home buttons.

---> The solution was to restore the unit to factory settings from the System Settings Menu. <---

I wonder what happened?  I hope this isn't going to be a frequent occurrence, or perhaps symptomatic of a more serious problem that will hit me down the road.
I reserve the right to ignore you for any reason.

May 17, 2009, 10:58:03 PM
Reply #1

redmercury

Same thing happened to me as soon as I updated to 1.02.07.

July 02, 2009, 08:06:22 AM
Reply #2

faster345

Exact same problem, only way to fix was to restore factory settings.

July 02, 2009, 12:32:52 PM
Reply #3

ahbf09

July 05, 2009, 07:38:19 AM
Reply #4

Whoheart

Same thing happened to me - though I can't remember if it was before or after i upgraded to 07 - now i'm onto beta 10 - and it hasn't happened since *fingers crossed*
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

July 07, 2009, 01:52:58 AM
Reply #5

jaysee

I had the same problem.
My solution was to unplug the WDTV wait a few seconds and restart it. In addition, rebooting the WDTV (after telneting into it) also worked.

July 07, 2009, 09:12:22 AM
Reply #6

SpyderCS

This happened to me. I was trying to fast fwd a really large video file and the screen froze with one image from it. I could move back to the menu. But when I picked another movie it would show the same frozen frame. Only cure was to pull the power cord for a cold reboot.

July 21, 2009, 06:24:48 PM
Reply #7

drada

I was in the exact same position as bobosquishy.

After upgrading WDTV firmware upgrade 1.02.07 it played audio files fine.
Then suddenly just stopped playing all files types: .vob. mp4 .wav .mkv you name it!

Solution:

Update to beta version 1.02.10!