Author Topic: Which WD Player to Get?  (Read 2654 times)

October 31, 2010, 06:13:27 AM
Read 2654 times

wraith

I currently own a WDTV HD Gen 1 using the amazing RealTake2 mod. I've spend the last month creating MSheets for over 900 artists which is quite a lengthy process and I'm still not done yet.  ::)

My sister has seen what it can do and she is really impressed with it. It's her birthday in a couple of weeks time so I was thinking of buying her a player. My only problem is that there are no Gen 1's left so which media player should I buy which would allow me to use the MSheet artwork I created for my Gen 1......or would I have to start all over again?  :-\

I'b be really grateful for any guidance.

Thanks

November 01, 2010, 07:46:38 AM
Reply #1

Pangadaywalker

I think besides the PLUS version, Live and Generation 2 has MSheets already.

So you can buy her the Live, update and use exactly the same sheets.

Cheers.
My set:

November 01, 2010, 08:05:57 AM
Reply #2

RavRob

• DeSpammer

The Live Plus can play NetFlix if she has an account...(must be in US for this, in Canada the Plus apparently won't play)
Next best thing is the Live.  You can likely use the same sheets you already have but creating new sheets using ThumbGen is very quick.  A few minutes and you should have your 900 movies done on the Live.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

November 02, 2010, 04:59:31 AM
Reply #3

wraith

Thank you for the guidance, I've went away and bought her the Live version, now I can tell her she'll have the same interface as me! Looks pretty impressive even in it's standard form.

Thanks once again  :)

February 17, 2011, 08:55:46 PM
Reply #4

3dxr

• Global Moderator

if you want share Msheets then WDTV live or Plus if you are USA citizen
if not then without Plus

or go to WDTV live hub its same like WDTVlive + internal HDD and other gui probably
later someone will port your mod.

but price speaks for older models.

June 16, 2011, 11:30:27 AM
Reply #5

JeremiahT

With streaming of Netflix, is Netflix 1080p HD? I would guess that streaming Netflix from a Nintendo Wii wouldn't be HD or would it? I could save some money if I can get Netflix via the Wii. Does hh gregg sell the WDTV?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:19:24 PM by JeremiahT »
Jeremiah - TV addict