Author Topic: Some files incorrectly catalogued- how do i fix it ? IE- mp3 in video  (Read 525 times)

October 29, 2010, 11:22:42 AM
Read 525 times

maritimer555

Hi Folks,
I have been able to access my files wirelessly. I use windows 7 (x64).
My problem is that there are many files (not all) that are incorrectly classified. JPG files in video, video files (mkv,avi etc) in music , and music files (flac,mp3) in video. For some reason when I search WDTV live under file server as far as I can tell all my files exist, just not where they should be.
I should note that all 3 types (music, video , and pictures) are stored in one big drive with each file in a separate folder. In other words I donít have my music, and videos separated or classified as such. I have searched unsuccessfully this forum and others for a solution.
I hope Iím providing enough detail and that someone can direct me to a solution.

November 03, 2010, 08:57:11 AM
Reply #1

maritimer555

Update- after spending close to an hour with 2 diff people on wd support line I finally found out that what i thought this thing would do - it wont.
it is not designed ,despite page 62 of the manual, to allow for classification of file types within network share.
By now I assume the majority of you guys know that.

The search functionality also does not work within Network share.

So if i have 1500 files of music and video ,etc, how do I set it up on the desktop so they can be easly sorted or found on wdtv live via network streaming ?