Author Topic: MovieSheets+ - Animated Backgrounds using OSD and Plugin Features  (Read 82996 times)

December 21, 2010, 05:32:02 PM
Reply #30

Buhric

Cool, thanks!

Really nice job.... now only if we could make it "flow"

December 21, 2010, 09:49:13 PM
Reply #31

Syllis

Wow
  This is simply amazing, second only to Brad's mod,

The only issue I am having (other than having to redo all of my sheets) is that the description is not showing up.  Any ideas?

December 21, 2010, 10:17:41 PM
Reply #32

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Syllis, by description do you mean the name of the folder or file name?  The description only shows if you DON'T have a moviesheet.  This is discussed on page 15 of the guide.
If you enjoy MovieSheets+, please donate toward the next version.
For specific versions and FAQ's, visit the MovieSheets+ website  link.

December 22, 2010, 01:14:14 AM
Reply #33

belfour

Markster,

Yesterday wasn't a good day as sometimes the thumbnails was present and sometimes not. Sometimes the folder sheet was present and not the thumbnail, and vice verse. But by turning off the media library, I got it to work pretty good, although it still changing to a default thumbnail when it's highlighted. However, on one hdd all things work faultless, but the other two hdd has some deaseces. Movie thumbnails and genre folders works pretty good, but not sheets and thumbnails on the root of a hdd.

M
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:21:11 AM by belfour »
"Life is like a Jar of Jalapeno's, what you do today will burn your ass tomorrow"

December 22, 2010, 04:34:43 AM
Reply #34

cmatos

I think your OSD is very nice. Thanks.

I found the following bug, that maybe you can correct in the next version.

When there are more than 7 folders or files, resulting in more than one page of thumbs, and we use the down arrow to more rapidly go to the one we want, the small thumb is not actualized, only the big one is.

Regards.

December 22, 2010, 06:34:23 AM
Reply #35

Syllis

Small issue
Syllis, by description do you mean the name of the folder or file name?  The description only shows if you DON'T have a moviesheet.  This is discussed on page 15 of the guide.

That was poorly worded, sorry.

When browsing from folder to folder, I have the icons at the bottom.  When I stop or pause on a folder there is no movie description.  If you look at page 13 in the guide, I have the back image but not the front images.

I am new to ThumbGen and figure this is where the problem is.

December 22, 2010, 07:07:28 AM
Reply #36

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Belfour, are you able to enable trace and provide me the DMAOSD.LOG file?  I suspect there is something to do with the hub, but need the log file to see what is going on.
You shouldn't have to turn off the Media Library.

December 22, 2010, 07:16:46 AM
Reply #37

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Syllis, the iimage you are referring to on Page 13 (Figure 15) is one image and is generated by ThumbGen.  You would need to use the templates I provided and place them in the templates directory of ThumbGen (see page 21).

December 22, 2010, 07:27:51 AM
Reply #38

belfour

Belfour, are you able to enable trace and provide me the DMAOSD.LOG file?  I suspect there is something to do with the hub, but need the log file to see what is going on.
You shouldn't have to turn off the Media Library.

I agree, Markster. I think the hub somehow screw it up. I have named my hdd’s to WDTV, WDTV2 and WDTV3. WDTV2 and WDTV3 are connected via the USB hub. Strangely, one of them, when I have media library on, is named USB2. But when media library is off it gets its “real” name.

Where do I locate the DMAOSD.LOG file
"Life is like a Jar of Jalapeno's, what you do today will burn your ass tomorrow"

December 22, 2010, 07:32:12 AM
Reply #39

Markster

• MovieSheets+
cmatos, the down arrow does not work to navigate thumbs that I am aware of?  It doesn't work for me.  You need to press the "Next" or "Prev" button to skip pages.

If your down arrow is working it tells me that you might not be in the correct browsing mode.  Can you confirm what "down" arrow you are referring to?

Please confirm the following:
   - S00 configuration setting MSHEETMODE=sheetplus
   - WDTV settings menu, under Video Settings, Browser Display = Thumbnail mode

December 22, 2010, 07:38:52 AM
Reply #40

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Belfour,
the DMAOSD.LOG file is located in the /tmp directory.  You need to plug your WDTV into a network to locate it.  You can PUTTY into the drive or use the web-frontend and file manager to locate it.

I usually use the web-frontend, open it, then copy\paste the contents into Notepad.

December 22, 2010, 07:44:39 AM
Reply #41

belfour

Belfour,
the DMAOSD.LOG file is located in the /tmp directory.  You need to plug your WDTV into a network to locate it.  You can PUTTY into the drive or use the web-frontend and file manager to locate it.

I usually use the web-frontend, open it, then copy\paste the contents into Notepad.

I will try and locate it after work. By the way, does your mode support custom background, like villa_bg.jpg?

Mark

December 22, 2010, 08:08:08 AM
Reply #42

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Belfour, yes, in fact I use both the background and screensaver overrides to make a Xmas theme right now.

December 22, 2010, 08:10:24 AM
Reply #43

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Great work on this Markster.  I haven't tried it yet but it is downloaded.  I am now reading your tutorial or guide.  Tons of info in there.

There is one reason I am holding back on trying it. I was wondering if it interferes with other plugins.  More precisely MediaNavigation and SubDonwloader.  Those two are hard to live without.  If your MovieSheets+ works with those I will certainly make the leap tonight or at least through the weekend.  Something to play with at Christmas while my grand kids are at their Dad's.

Again, great work and great support as well.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

December 22, 2010, 08:21:16 AM
Reply #44

Markster

• MovieSheets+
RavRob,
I haven't tried it with other plugins.  From what I understand of the PLugin logic, they "should" work along-side each other in their own "space".

Let me know how you make out.