Author Topic: MovieSheets+ - Animated Backgrounds using OSD and Plugin Features  (Read 82936 times)

February 11, 2012, 06:19:30 PM
Reply #240

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Happy to announce that MovieSheets+ pre-release 2.0.3 phase 1 is now available for subscribers!
   - supports "pop-up" thumbs (active thumb is larger than the others)
   - supports "remote start-up keys" which allows you to move the WD menu to a different "starting point" when you turn your WD on
   - works with 5.1.1

Click here for more information.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:49:57 AM by Markster »
If you enjoy MovieSheets+, please donate toward the next version.
For specific versions and FAQ's, visit the MovieSheets+ website  link.

February 21, 2012, 02:11:35 PM
Reply #241

gec

Markster, is the Live Plus still not being supported?
I'm currently using custom firmware 1.05.04 - 0.5.1.1.

Thanks.

February 21, 2012, 02:26:25 PM
Reply #242

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Unfortunately MovieSheets+ and other plugins like MediaMark, etc. require the WDTVExt plugin support.  This only works on the live WD base firmware 1.02.21.
Live Plus, Hub, Live Streamer do not support plugins so MovieSheets+ is not supported.

March 17, 2012, 04:28:30 AM
Reply #243

xwishmasterx

Quick question :)

From early in this thread:
1. Change the HIDETHUMBS S00 setting to OFF which means MovieSheets+ will never hidethumbs, or,
2. Place an enable_thumbs.msp dummy file in the folder you want to show thumbs.  This gives you the choice of overriding the default behaviour "per folder"

Does this mean, that if I have a folder "a" I can hide the thumb by setting the HIDETHUMBS S00 to ON? Currently (not using moviesheets+) It seems that using "a_sheet.jpg", will show the sheet but have a thumbnail in the corner. Just wondering if moviesheet+ can fix this issue ;)

March 17, 2012, 08:06:51 AM
Reply #244

Markster

• MovieSheets+
I might need a little more explanation of your request if the following doesn't answer your question.

MovieSheets+ allows you to choose how you want thumbs to be displayed.  You have three general settings:  1) Choose to show them always, 2) Choose to hide them always, or 3) Choose to hide them only when you go inside a folder and there are not any other folders (typically when showing the details for a movie).

You can ALSO override the above behaviours on a "per folder" basis by placing either an "enable_thumbs.msp" to force showing thumbs in that folder, or a "disable_thumbs.msp" to force hiding of the thumbs in that folder.

March 17, 2012, 02:08:44 PM
Reply #245

xwishmasterx

My scenario is, I like to use WALL mode, combined with forced_std. This works will to view the movie list in wall mode, and then STD when choosing a movie.

Problem: When going to my local folders (using NFS ) I see my mounts (Movies, Music etc) I'd like to have sheets in STD mode for these, but forced_std only works on files, so I see my fullscreen sheet, but with thumb overlapping.

Would I be able to hide the overlapping thumb here?

March 17, 2012, 02:19:02 PM
Reply #246

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Yes.  MovieSheets+ doesn't use force standard and in fact I suggest turning it off.

What force STD does is try to paint the moviesheet over top of the thumbs (vs. hiding them) and it causes a brief flash of thumbs sometimes and other times you can see the thumb artifact behind the sheet.

MS+ actually turns the thumbs off and you can do this on whatever folders you want to.  Suggest you check out my web site and review the videos there (http://moviesheets.ca), as well as some sample sheets which shows the thumbs being hidden (http://moviesheets.ca/index-5-sapphire.html)

March 17, 2012, 03:08:21 PM
Reply #247

xwishmasterx

Sounds great. Gonna go get myself a subscription plan tomorrow ;D Right now it's time for a movie and then bedtime (might be bedtime during movie :P )

Thanks for your help.

April 20, 2012, 09:00:52 AM
Reply #248

Markster

• MovieSheets+

Markster, is the Live Plus still not being supported?
I'm currently using custom firmware 1.05.04 - 0.5.1.1.

Thanks.

Happy to report that the WDTVExt firmware enhancement is under development again with plans for a 1.05.04 release for the WD Live.
Also, discussions about a release for the Live Plus are also underway.  I will keep everyone informed as progress is made.

February 19, 2013, 08:32:54 AM
Reply #249

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Happy to announce that MovieSheets+ 2.0.3 is available for all users and 2.0.4 - phase 1 is now available for subscribers.

2.0.4 Features include:
 •Theme support for Music, Pandora, Live365, Photo and Flickr features.
 •Separate Sheet and Standard display mode for Photo and Music features
 •Music Image Generator – automatic download of artist artwork implemented into music features and screen saver
 •Transition Videos - 3 second videos that play instead of the black space that the WD typically shows while loading information
 •Pop-up Thumb Support for UMSP video browsing

To take a look at the new features, check out the Utopia walk-through videos at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnvsrxqFGSFinQ9cOKr_hEGI86bEsapH

February 19, 2013, 08:34:08 AM
Reply #250

Markster

• MovieSheets+
MovieSheets+ needs your input!

Take a 2 minute survey and you will be entered to win a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player or choose the $200 usd award instead.
Expires March 8, 2013, so don’t hesitate.

Details can be found at http://moviesheets.ca/index.html.

February 19, 2013, 08:40:38 AM
Reply #251

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Support for the WD TV Live Plus is now available.  Please see the following YouTube video example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jHo4AKbMqI&feature=youtu.be

Documentation on how to do this can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/file/qdd596rgkd893d3/Live_Plus_Supporting_WDTVExt_Plugins.docx

If you need additional assistance don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

August 19, 2013, 11:38:47 AM
Reply #252

Markster

• MovieSheets+

MovieSheets+ 2.0.5 is now ready for beta testing!

This exciting new release offers four key features focused on automating your WD experience:
  • Movie Sheet generation:  Automatically creates folder and movie sheets, including thumb images, for your Movies
  • TV Show Sheet generation:  Automatically creates Folder, Season and Episode sheets, including thumb images, for your TV Shows
  • Trailers:  Automatically creates trailer links (http references) or downloads for your Movies and TV Shows.
  • Screen-saver Trailers:  Automatically creates "Upcoming" and "Now Showing" trailer references that can be viewed as a Screen-saver
Check out the demos at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnvsrxqFGSH7gjt2-u08ddK3nytknTTB

Hope you like it.