Author Topic: MovieSheets+ - Animated Backgrounds using OSD and Plugin Features  (Read 82937 times)

December 20, 2010, 04:02:25 PM
Reply #15

Markster

• MovieSheets+
belfour,

see my comment under mrmad about ensuring your folder.jpg is all lower case.  Why don't I support both, because it is a double hit to check and adds to the slow-down.
In version 2.0.0 I provide a utility that checks these things for you.
If you enjoy MovieSheets+, please donate toward the next version.
For specific versions and FAQ's, visit the MovieSheets+ website  link.

December 20, 2010, 05:42:43 PM
Reply #16

Buhric

Quick question...

I juste tested out your OSD Mod, its really nice, but I noticed 2 things...

1. Now I get a new "folder" showing up in "/tmp/media/usb" and its named ">.^J^J<" in it theres an other folder named "page>"
if you put it all together is spells out "/tmp/media/usb/>.^J^J</page>" looks like some xml tag or something....

2. I have all my movies in separate folders, if a folder have only a movie sheet (moviename.ext_sheet.jpg) and no folder sheet
when I hoover on a folder, nothing happens (no Auto-sheet), I see the thumbnail correctly, I see a black background with the movie name, which is normal since I don't have a foldername_sheet.jpg file....

But, If I put a folder sheet, when I'm over the folder I con, I see the foldersheet ok, and if I leave it there, Auto-sheet kicks in and shows me my only movie sheet, then togle back to the thumb view....
My question is why is there no Auto-sheet when no folder sheet is present, but a movie sheet exists ?

December 20, 2010, 06:25:21 PM
Reply #17

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Buhric, I have seen the "extra USB" entry you mention below.  It has only happened once or twice for me.

It disappears the next time you re-boot and rarely ever reappears.  Not sure what is causing it as I certainly don't create any XML entries.
I'll try to look into it the next time it happens, as I can't repeat the issue.

I will look into the "auto-sheet" problem when there isn't any folder sheet.  Must be a glitch.

December 20, 2010, 09:03:31 PM
Reply #18

mrmad

mrmad,

Can't comment on the Samba shares as I don't use them.  Send me a PM with more info and I'll see if I can assist.

Episodes are not showing, are you referring to the Thumbs or Movie Sheets?  If thumbs, that is because the default MovieSheets+ setting is to HIDE thumbs when there is not any more folders to navigate.  My video demonstrates this.  The PDF document discusses this.  You have two choices:

1. Change the HIDETHUMBS S00 setting to OFF which means MovieSheets+ will never hidethumbs, or,
       2. Place an enable_thumbs.msp dummy file in the folder you want to show thumbs.  This gives you the choice of overriding the default behaviour "per folder"

If you choose #1, you can always place a "disable_thumbs.msp" in a folder to hide thumbs on a per folder basis.

In regards to your Movie Folder issue, this is likely because your folder.jpg are called Folder.jpg (capitalized).  I discuss this in my PDF document.  Make sure your folder.jpg is lower case.

Hope his helps

Hi thanks a lot for your comment! Hope the feedback is not demotivating, it's just a matter of us to get fully used to your new osd.
    I was talking about two "issues"
    1.TV shows sheets for the episodes that do not show up:
    my tv shows are on my second usb drive with this structure:
    USB2/TV Shows/ True Blood / True Blood Season 1 / True Blood S01E01
                     -for each episode there is a thumb named True Blood S01E01.jpg
                     - for each episode there is a sheet named True Blood S01E01.mkv_sheet.std.jpg -> this is the problem: how do I have to rename this?
    2. the highlight "issue". My movie sheets and thumbs work. It's just a matter of seeing if there is an alternative way of being displayed
    my movies are on my first usb drive with this structure:
    USB1/Movies/Action/300
                     - for each movie there is a thumb called "300.jpg"
                     - for each movie there is an overview sheet (no details) "300_sheet.jpg"
                     - for each movie there is a sheet with detail info called "300.mkv_sheet.jpg"
    This works, e.g. after 5 seconds the sheet changes from "general" to "detail" view (it ROCKS!!!!!)
    Is there a way to show the 300 icon ("300.jpg") when scrolling and having selected through the various movies instead of your general icon? (in this case it shows the movie icon of all the other movies but not the selected one.

[/list]

December 20, 2010, 10:26:09 PM
    Reply #19

Markster

• MovieSheets+
    mrmad,
    Page 12 of my guide talks about moviesheet naming conventions:

For Folders, this means the following rules must be followed:
       - Folder Image – must be named “folder.jpg”, lower case only supported
       - Folder Sheet – must be named foldername“_sheet.jpg”
       - Both must be contained in the folder!
    Example:
    /300
    /300/folder.jpg
    /300/300_sheet.jpg

For Movies, this means the following rules must be followed:
       - Movie Image – must be named moviename“.jpg”
       - Movie Sheet – must be named moviename.extension“_sheet.jpg”
       - Both must be contained in the same folder as the movie!
    Example:
    /True Blood Season 1
    /True Blood Season 1/True Blood S01E01.mkv
    /True Blood Season 1/True Blood S01E01.jpg
    /True Blood Season 1/True Blood S01E01.mkv_sheet.jpg

December 20, 2010, 11:13:59 PM
    Reply #20

mrmad

oh great, was flipping through your tutorial yesterday night and I must have missed the section. Any idea about the second "issue"?

December 21, 2010, 02:42:51 AM
    Reply #21

belfour

Markster,

Does your osd.bin support NTFS or does it require FAT32 to boot?

What do I need to do in order for a folder.jpg to show its original image while hover it, not your default image?

Mark
    "Life is like a Jar of Jalapeno's, what you do today will burn your ass tomorrow"

December 21, 2010, 06:00:33 AM
    Reply #22

Markster

• MovieSheets+
    mrmad,
    I am not understanding what exactly the second issue is, sorry.  Sounds like you want some enhancement to the sheet logic, so a mock-up of the navigation, showing what you want would help.

December 21, 2010, 06:25:35 AM
    Reply #23

Markster

• MovieSheets+
    Belfour,
    my drive is formatted in NTFS and works fine for OSD.BIN.  I have also tried a pen-drive in Fat32 and it worked.

Page 12 describes the sheet logic.  Folder logic has two requirements:

1. There must be a folder.jpg file inside the folder.  It must be lower case.  This is the image shown for the thumb.
       2. There must be a "foldername"_sheet.jpg.  This is the image shown for the sheet

Example:
       USB2/Movies/Avatar/folder.jpg (thumb for folder)
       USB2/Movies/Avatar/Avatar_sheet.jpg (sheet for folder)

USB2/Movies/Avatar/Avatar.mkv (movie)
       USB2/Movies/Avatar/Avatar.jpg (thumb for movie)
       USB2/Movies/Avatar/Avatar.mkv_sheet.jpg (sheet for folder)

December 21, 2010, 07:00:08 AM
    Reply #24

belfour

1. There must be a folder.jpg file inside the folder.  It must be lower case.  This is the image shown for the thumb.
       2. There must be a "foldername"_sheet.jpg.  This is the image shown for the sheet

Markster,

Thanks for your response.

I have a ”folder.jpg” in every folder and they are showing the thumbnail just fine. But when I move to a particular “thumbnail”, the image becomes your default image and becomes larger. When I choose another, the previous one show turns back to the thumbnail I have chosen to be a thumbnail (folder.jpg).
    "Life is like a Jar of Jalapeno's, what you do today will burn your ass tomorrow"

December 21, 2010, 07:26:42 AM
    Reply #25

Markster

• MovieSheets+
    Belfour, please send me a folder dump example of one of your folders that shows the default image vs. the actual.

Are you using a USB drive or networked solution?

December 21, 2010, 10:26:03 AM
    Reply #26

belfour

December 21, 2010, 11:04:29 AM
    Reply #27

mrmad

I was referring to the same "issue" with exactly the same folder structure and naming covention...

December 21, 2010, 12:29:06 PM
    Reply #28

Markster

• MovieSheets+
    Can you enable trace (set it to ON), reboot and do the same thing you did in the video, specifically for the 300 folder you showed.

Then stop and send me the DMAOSD.LOG file.  In the log file it will state what the physical reference is.  Have you found any folders that work?

What about the size of the thumb (not that it should matter).  The XML code should only show the default image if the actual reference to the image can not be found.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:22:24 PM by Markster »

December 21, 2010, 01:31:42 PM
    Reply #29

Markster

• MovieSheets+
    Quick question...

I juste tested out your OSD Mod, its really nice, but I noticed 2 things...

1. Now I get a new "folder" showing up in "/tmp/media/usb" and its named ">.^J^J<" in it theres an other folder named "page>"
    if you put it all together is spells out "/tmp/media/usb/>.^J^J</page>" looks like some xml tag or something....

2. I have all my movies in separate folders, if a folder have only a movie sheet (moviename.ext_sheet.jpg) and no folder sheet
    when I hoover on a folder, nothing happens (no Auto-sheet), I see the thumbnail correctly, I see a black background with the movie name, which is normal since I don't have a foldername_sheet.jpg file....

But, If I put a folder sheet, when I'm over the folder I con, I see the foldersheet ok, and if I leave it there, Auto-sheet kicks in and shows me my only movie sheet, then togle back to the thumb view....
    My question is why is there no Auto-sheet when no folder sheet is present, but a movie sheet exists ?

Buhric,
    I have corrected the issue #2 mentioned above.  It will be fixed in my next maintenance release, likely this week.