Author Topic: MovieSheets+ - Animated Backgrounds using OSD and Plugin Features  (Read 82915 times)

October 26, 2010, 10:11:21 PM
Read 82915 times

Markster

• MovieSheets+

MovieSheets+ 2.0.5 is now ready for beta testing!

This exciting new release offers four key features focused on automating your WD experience:
  • Movie Sheet generation:  Automatically creates folder and movie sheets, including thumb images, for your Movies
  • TV Show Sheet generation:  Automatically creates Folder, Season and Episode sheets, including thumb images, for your TV Shows
  • Trailers:  Automatically creates trailer links (http references) or downloads for your Movies and TV Shows.
  • Screen-saver Trailers:  Automatically creates "Upcoming" and "Now Showing" trailer references that can be viewed as a Screen-saver
Check out the demos at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnvsrxqFGSH7gjt2-u08ddK3nytknTTB

Hope you like it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:40:06 AM by Markster »
If you enjoy MovieSheets+, please donate toward the next version.
For specific versions and FAQ's, visit the MovieSheets+ website  link.

October 26, 2010, 11:06:55 PM
Reply #1

Buhric

let me be the first to says really nice job....

I have so many questions for you regarding that MovieSheets+

It just brought my vision of a "CoverFlow" like OSD one step closer to be posible
I guess, in the meanwhile I need to content with my "Cover Trickle"....

I'm still wondering you you managed to get the backgrounds to change so smoothly when changing Folders
As for the "watched" think, it a nice touch, but would it be better to just change the "alpha" on the thumb instead of putting a "watched" icon AND changing the alpha.. ?

October 27, 2010, 06:52:35 AM
Reply #2

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Buhric, thanks for the feedback.  Your suggestion about the "Watched" thumbs is what my original solution was, however you could not easily identify the unwatched ones which for me, is not what I intended.  However, you get to configure the "watched" thumb solution you want in the configuration file, so this will allow each user to decide what they want.

October 27, 2010, 11:04:18 AM
Reply #3

Buhric

k, its nice to have options...

also you mention that it requires v0.4.2.2 of B-Rad's firmware....
do it means that its a "minimum" requirement, or that it really need that specific version?
in other words, will it work with v0.4.3.1

And also will it work with the "EXT3 Live" version of the firmware (root.bin) ?

October 27, 2010, 12:00:02 PM
Reply #4

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Buhric, its on beta with the 0.4.2.2.  I don't want to continue to chase the most recent update for beta testing purposes otherwise I may end up chasing my tail and never release it.  I say this because it is stable (in regards to sheet use) and works great with 0.4.2.2 and relies on a method to by-pass the existing MovieSheets logic.

This is for the general laymans use which means WDLXTV firmware, not EXT3.

This doesn't mean it "won't" work with EXT3 andor WDLXTV 4.3.1, just means I don't plan to test those at this time.  What I think we really need is WDTVExt for Gen 2 and Plus and I would prefer to test MovieSheets+ against a stable firmware for those vs. re-testing on new releases of the "Live" firmware.

Once it goes GA then I will support it against any firmware given enough time and demand to do so.

October 27, 2010, 12:44:09 PM
Reply #5

Buhric

Thanks for the clarification.... I don't want to rush anything
And I understand your point very well...

Better to have tested it on a version where all bugs (if any are known) then on a new version where you will spend time wondering is the issue is the firmware or the "application"...

October 27, 2010, 06:03:41 PM
Reply #6

sgr

looks very promising will do a watch on this topic

good job dude!!!
WD TV
USB Hub - DLINK HUB-H7 -http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=149
Cisco SD2005 Gigabit Switch - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10008/index.html
Iomega Home Media Network Storage - http://go.iomega.com/en/products/network-storage-desktop/home-network-hard-drives/home-media/?partner=4750

November 08, 2010, 05:16:03 PM
Reply #7

nitrate31

markster stunning i want i want
a tutorial would be grately wanted by all i reckon especially me.so any help with this would be grately appreciated.
so i would like to be your padowan if your willing to show me the ways of the "MOVIESHEET" FORCE!!!!!

November 09, 2010, 07:44:27 AM
Reply #8

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Appreciate the feedback Nitrate31.  I am writing an install and configuration document that will describe how the various features are to be configured.  I provide some commentary on "how" I did each feature in the documentation (high-level).

Most of the settings are in the standard S00 config file (timers, etc.), and there are some images you can provide to change what I did if your desire.

Good news is that I recently tried it against B-rad's firmware 4.3.1 and it worked fine.  I had to update some of the OSD images, but other than that it worked great.

Hope to have version 1 out before end of month.

November 09, 2010, 03:29:35 PM
Reply #9

Buhric

Nice to know...
I'll be checking here more often thenn

Thanks

December 19, 2010, 02:57:08 PM
Reply #10

Markster

• MovieSheets+
Version 1.0.0 is now available here!

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

December 20, 2010, 01:57:24 AM
Reply #11

mrmad

hi,

great to see that. can't wait to get home in order to check it out...

December 20, 2010, 01:20:57 PM
Reply #12

mrmad

just a little feedback from my side.

Had some problems enabling moviesheet+ plugin (there is no confirmation that it has been loaded etc) to get it working but now it seems to work pretty flawless,  need to personally fix some stuff though ( I followed your tutorial as much as I coould)

- samba shares get lost if wdtv is in standby (though set differently in webinterface config menu)
- episodes for tv show sheets do not show up- hope I don't need to redo the naming convention or folder structure...(all episodes of one season are in one common folder etc )

I like it alot

small question about the highlight effect:
-instead of showing your standard folder icon isn't it possible to show the movie folder highlighted ?(I can see all the other movie folders but not the one I have actually selected and that does not make much sense according to my very personal taste :-))?

December 20, 2010, 01:54:38 PM
Reply #13

belfour

Absolutely amazing. Are you a relative from Einstein?

I have one question though. I have folders in genres and the folder image are showing, but not when it is highlighted. Another image are showing when I hover it. It's probably a default image. When I choose another, the previous image becomes small and show the actual folder image.
"Life is like a Jar of Jalapeno's, what you do today will burn your ass tomorrow"

December 20, 2010, 03:59:07 PM
Reply #14

Markster

• MovieSheets+
mrmad,

Can't comment on the Samba shares as I don't use them.  Send me a PM with more info and I'll see if I can assist.

Episodes are not showing, are you referring to the Thumbs or Movie Sheets?  If thumbs, that is because the default MovieSheets+ setting is to HIDE thumbs when there is not any more folders to navigate.  My video demonstrates this.  The PDF document discusses this.  You have two choices:

1. Change the HIDETHUMBS S00 setting to OFF which means MovieSheets+ will never hidethumbs, or,
   2. Place an enable_thumbs.msp dummy file in the folder you want to show thumbs.  This gives you the choice of overriding the default behaviour "per folder"

If you choose #1, you can always place a "disable_thumbs.msp" in a folder to hide thumbs on a per folder basis.

In regards to your Movie Folder issue, this is likely because your folder.jpg are called Folder.jpg (capitalized).  I discuss this in my PDF document.  Make sure your folder.jpg is lower case.

Hope his helps