Author Topic: Sound Problems with Streaming Movies from my Harddrive  (Read 1853 times)

October 24, 2010, 08:03:12 PM
Read 1853 times

Excelsior123

I have been streaming movies from my harddrive.  Sometimes the sound works good with no problem with the video.  However, on other times there will be a picture without the sound.   I am using a HDMI cable from my Pioneer receiver to the WD TV Live Plus.  HDMI --Auto and Digital Audio are the settings that I am using on WD TV Live Plus settings.

Is there a possible solution to this problem?

October 24, 2010, 11:48:57 PM
Reply #1

franks

• DeSpammer

More than likely the problem is that the files that have no sound are .mkv files that were authored with audio header compression. What is the version number of the firmware on your Live Plus? The latest beta firmware fixes the problem with the unit that it couldn't play the audio. The other solution would be to remux the file to remove the audio header compression. Somewhere on the site there is discussion of a very slick solution to check all your movie files and remove the header compression automatically.

October 25, 2010, 05:24:28 AM
Reply #2

Excelsior123

The videos that I am primarily using are the standard ones (mpg, vobs etc from 3 different movies).  I also tried the mkv files that worked the same way as the other audio from the files.  Thus, when the audio works, it works for all files or non at all.
I have not updated my firmware.  I believe it is the 1.03.29 version.

Is the firmware update the solution?  Is this a common problem?