Author Topic: WDTV 1 freeze with DTS on mkv files  (Read 4880 times)

October 24, 2010, 01:12:05 AM
Read 4880 times

actarus2878

hello,
i'm posting this message because i'm experiencing a weird problem sonce a few weeks with my wdtv 1 with 1.03 firmwar, when i try to play mkv files with more than 1 DTS sound tracks on it, my WDTV begins playing the file but after appriximatively 1 minute the image freezes, until the image freezes the sound works fine as my wdtv is connected to my home cinema via optical. after the image has frozen i'm able to return to main menu but as soon as i try to launch a video the same frozen image appears on screen, it appears as soon as i try to launch any video not just if i try to relaunch the video that froze earlier and as soon as i get to the main menu on the top center of my screen a little window with the icon of a music note appear with the name of the video that just froze in it, it is as if the wdtv after the freeze is trying to launch the video as if would be a music file. the only way to watch a video is then to completely unplug the WDTV's from power wait a few seconds and plug it again, the wdtv then reboots and i'm able to watch other videos the ^box on the top center of the screen then dissapears and if i launch another video i don't get the frozen image on screen anymore. It is really annmoying as i'm now totally unable to watch mkv files encoded with a DTS track altrough i have a home cinema to decode dts properlly.

any help would be much appreciated

November 17, 2010, 11:15:27 PM
Reply #1

lagunero

hello,
i'm posting this message because i'm experiencing a weird problem sonce a few weeks with my wdtv 1 with 1.03 firmwar, when i try to play mkv files with more than 1 DTS sound tracks on it, my WDTV begins playing the file but after appriximatively 1 minute the image freezes, until the image freezes the sound works fine as my wdtv is connected to my home cinema via optical. after the image has frozen i'm able to return to main menu but as soon as i try to launch a video the same frozen image appears on screen, it appears as soon as i try to launch any video not just if i try to relaunch the video that froze earlier and as soon as i get to the main menu on the top center of my screen a little window with the icon of a music note appear with the name of the video that just froze in it, it is as if the wdtv after the freeze is trying to launch the video as if would be a music file. the only way to watch a video is then to completely unplug the WDTV's from power wait a few seconds and plug it again, the wdtv then reboots and i'm able to watch other videos the ^box on the top center of the screen then dissapears and if i launch another video i don't get the frozen image on screen anymore. It is really annmoying as i'm now totally unable to watch mkv files encoded with a DTS track altrough i have a home cinema to decode dts properlly.

Try this, it works for me
Download Mkvmerge from here http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html#windows
and follow the steps below

[/quote]

January 31, 2011, 08:05:46 PM
Reply #2

carmatana

Sometimes re-making the mkv-dts without header compression works but sometimes no.

I now use tsmuxer to change the container to m2ts keeping original quality and WDTV 1 plays them wonderful I have converted 6 mkv files with dts audio and no problems so far.

Obviously toslink has to be used.

http://wdtv.wetpaint.com/page/Audio+issues

April 20, 2011, 10:45:23 PM
Reply #3

Sweety

the only way to watch a video is then to completely unplug the WDTV's from power wait a few seconds and plug it again, the wdtv then reboots and i'm able to watch other videos the ^box on the top center of the screen then dissapears and if i launch another video i don't get the frozen image on screen anymore. It is really annmoying as i'm now totally unable to watch mkv files encoded with a DTS track altrough i have a home cinema to decode dts properlly.

We found that after trying to play a video that had the header compression issue, you have to reset the device.