Author Topic: "New firmware found" won't go away  (Read 1900 times)

October 19, 2010, 03:22:48 PM
Read 1900 times

NullStmt

Hi everyone,

I upgraded my Live+ with b-rads' latest firmware (1.03.39_b_wdlxtv.com_wdlxtv_plus-0.4.3.1, awesome work b-rad!!) and the upgrade went perfect.  Everything functions as it should (including moviesheets woohoo!).  I removed the upgrade files (.bin, .ver, .fff) from the USB drive yet every time I turn on the box it still goes to the "New firmware found" upgrade option.  I've searched the forum, but I can only find topics on it not recognizing the upgrade and nothing on it working yet still registering a pending upgrade.  I can live with this if I have to, but it is starting to annoy me.  Does anyone know how to get it to stop?

Thanks

October 19, 2010, 04:53:13 PM
Reply #1

Buhric

it still shows up even after deleting the .ver and .bin ??, strange...

did you tried a power cycle ?

October 19, 2010, 05:53:50 PM
Reply #2

RavRob

• DeSpammer

A new public beta was released tonight.  I wonder if this might what you are picking up.  Normally you can't pick up the Beta that way but who knows.  Could be a glitch of sort.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

October 20, 2010, 05:20:06 AM
Reply #3

NullStmt

Yes, I've power cycled about a dozen times since the update.  I downloaded the update following the link on b-rads' site and installed it sometime early last week, so I don't think that it was a beta that hasn't already been used by others.  The filename and version number correspond to the same one that others have mentioned in the Live+ forums also.  I'm confused by this too.  I've installed firmware updates for the Gen1 many times and I read up on the posts in the forums here and I haven't seen or heard of this behaviour before.  Like I had said, everything works fine it is just annoying.  I thought that someone might already know about it or suggest some steps that could get rid of it.  Thanks for taking the time to think about it and respond.  If anyone does have any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them.

October 20, 2010, 07:14:12 AM
Reply #4

wazzelby

I would try changing the version number in the .ver file to 1 number higher and re-flashing the firmware. After it's re-flashed, reboot. The remove the USB stick and reboot. You shouldn't get the new firmware found message. Delete the files off the usb and you should be ok to replace it.

October 20, 2010, 08:58:08 AM
Reply #5

NullStmt

October 20, 2010, 10:43:45 AM
Reply #6

extremedigital

Hi NullStmt, i notice you mention that you have a live plus.

There is a new wdlxtv.com_wdlxtv_plus-0.4.3.2, that can only be updated to via the new online updating system.

This should explain why you are seeing this message, i only have a normal live so i have no had to do this particular update as it is only for the live plus.

Hope that helps

October 21, 2010, 10:37:02 AM
Reply #7

NullStmt

Thanks extreme, I had no idea that there was a new WDLXTV plus version out.  That does indeed explain it.