Author Topic: WDTV Live Plus shows JPEGs before MKVs  (Read 1098 times)

September 14, 2010, 10:56:15 AM
Read 1098 times

AgnosticAnarch

I've been digging around, and I haven't found this mentioned elsewhere yet... so apologies if someone has already posted a fix. Lemme know if there is one!

I had the HD WDTV previously, and I had set up folders for TV shows in it. I have a folder.jpeg in each folder for a nice graphic while looking at the folder list, and I have JPEGs with the same filename as MKV and ISO files so each file has its own graphic. This worked beautifully on the old WDTV.

Now I have the WDTV Live Plus, and things are not quite so beautiful.

When I go to those same folders now, it shows all of the JPEG graphics first. Then it shows the MKV or ISO files... and the kicker: it actually uses the JPEGs to make the nice thumbnails!

On some of these shows, I have to scroll past rows and rows of JPEGs to get to the actual show!

Does anyone know why the JPEGs are showing up under the Movie view on the WDTV Live Plus when they didn't on the old WDTV? I haven't changed the folders or files in any way! Is there some obscure setting I haven't found yet... even after about an hour of digging around? Is there some _new_ way to name the JPEGs so that they don't show up?

Thanks!

**Sidenote** I loved my WDTV, but this new WDTV Live Plus is flakier than a leper with dandruff! Sometimes it'll just go blank-screen for no reason... and the only way to fix it is to unplug it for a minute or two and plug it back in! Then it acts like nothing ever happened. Anybody else have this issue?

~AA

September 14, 2010, 01:23:36 PM
Reply #1

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Movie Sheets not implemented yet on the Live Plus.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

September 15, 2010, 11:07:44 AM
Reply #2

AgnosticAnarch

Movie Sheets not implemented yet on the Live Plus.

Wow, seriously? That was an interesting step backwards for WD. You'd think all of the awesomeness of each previous model would be standard aspects of the new model. Ah, well.

Thanks! At least now I know it's not some setting that I was overlooking.

~AA

September 15, 2010, 12:40:55 PM
Reply #3

RavRob

• DeSpammer

That is not a WD feature.  It is a homebrew feature implemented by B-Rad on the live and the older models.  Once he has time he will do the same for the Live Plus.  He already has a homebrew ready for the Live Plus minus the movie sheets for those who donated to the development of the homebrew.

It will be here soon I would think.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television