Author Topic: WDTV LIVE PLUS New Beta FIRMWARE update v1.03.39  (Read 49127 times)

October 19, 2010, 05:30:08 AM
Reply #30

RoofingGuy

Gen1, Gen2, Live, LivePlus... they all have the compressed header issue (except for the latest beta firmwares for the Live and Live Plus).

October 19, 2010, 09:53:33 AM
Reply #31

LagartoJuancho

I have two videos
One is
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.2.0 ('Turn It On Again') built on Mar  4 2008 12:58:26
 The other one is
Writing application : mkvmerge v4.3.0 ('Escape from the Island') built on Sep  5 2010 10:30:51
Neither one of them work with latest firmware 1.03.39_B

How do I remux? I donwloaded this from the web as it is...

October 19, 2010, 11:32:46 AM
Reply #32

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Get MKVMerge from here
Code: [Select]
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MKVToolnix-Download-43981.html
There are some guides in the forum about using it.  You will be able to do it easy I am sure.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

October 19, 2010, 01:46:56 PM
Reply #33

palom0

New FW
I've been told that probably today, WD will be issuing a new FW update for the WDTV Live +

October 19, 2010, 02:36:50 PM
Reply #34

RoofingGuy

The betas for both the Live and the Live Plus were already out for half an hour when you posted ;)

October 20, 2010, 03:38:59 AM
Reply #35

LagartoJuancho

Not sure about G2 as I don't own one but one thing that caused similar problems for the live was a header compression on the MKV.  Run Media Info on the file and see if it was created with MKVMerge 4.1 or newer.  If so, try and remux it with either an older version of MKVMerge or if you try with a newer version then turn header compression off in audio and video and remux.  That should/may fix it.

Thanks! This was the fix so far!  :D
I installed something called MKVMERGEGUI. I run the MKV files through this tool doing nothing but aff the file and start remux...
After this is works.. I watched last nigth most of a movie that I had not been able to watch more than 2 minutes before... it was too late so I killed it before the end... Test again tonigth..
It has to do with header compression on the mkv files... It looks like WD already knows this.. Not sure how many other bugs WDHD Live has, I hope this one fixes it..

NOW, AVI files fo not play complete either. Is there something similar for AVI?

October 20, 2010, 04:52:03 AM
Reply #36

RavRob

• DeSpammer

AVI should play fine.  You may want to reset the box using the small reset button next to the USB Port 1.  Then try your MKV or AVI again.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

October 20, 2010, 11:24:01 AM
Reply #37

palom0

WDTV Live Plus freezes

I just bought a WDTV Live Plus. I found that after scanning my movies in the hard drive if would freeze, so I updated it to FW v1.03.39, to no avail. It still freezes. Can anyone help me out?

I have a WD My World 4TB hooked up to my network as a NAS. This NAS has 400+ ISO movie files with their corresponding same-name JPG cover files (they're 200Kb files). So it shows the covers twice (one for the JPEG, another for the ISOs).
The WDTV Live is connected to the switch via Ethernet.

If I browse the video files in "list mode" the WDTV Live Plus works fine, it finds and plays all the movie files with no problems. However, if I use it in "Thumbnail mode"-which I prefer- after browsing through about 50% of the JPEG and ISO files  to create the thumbnails, the WDTV freezes completely. The only way to restart it is unplugging it.

Any ideas about what could be happening?

I had the same issue with the WDTV Live, which worked fine with FW v1.01.24. But started doing the same thing with FW v1.02.21. Same with all subsequent beta releases. WD could not fix the issue even after 6 months of waiting.

I tired the new FW for WDTV Live Plus and the freezing continues. This FW beta doesn't resolve the issue.

October 28, 2010, 04:31:38 PM
Reply #38

schnoid

Hey Guy,

It's been another 3 weeks or so since the last time I asked and still no update. :(  You guys planning on releasing anything before the end of the year? I'm starting to think switching over to Boxee Box is going to be my best bet at getting any new functionality. Are you guys still struggling with that HDMI issue? Please let us know whats up!

Thanks.

October 29, 2010, 03:31:09 PM
Reply #39

Tobber

I guess it's the same old story.
WD released another player, the HUB.
And know they are stopping any firmewaresupport for the old models. I bet the following update will be the last for the live plus...
Just stupid. With proper firmware-support they really could own the NMT-market by know. It all began so promising with the HD.

Time to move on!

November 02, 2010, 01:02:21 PM
Reply #40

gizbug

Is the BETA FW File no longer available? Go to the website, no file there on the download link.WTF  :'(

November 02, 2010, 01:47:02 PM
Reply #41

aguste

Yes, same here, seems the latest update link is not working...so no firmware beta for us?

November 06, 2010, 05:52:22 PM
Reply #42

RoofingGuy

Is the BETA FW File no longer available?

Well... with any of the betas they've said:
We are limiting this to the first few hundred people who download it.

and then they pull it.

The betas are more for trying to zero in on specific issues, than for widespread use.  Several of them were supposed to be "invite only" but got leaked beyond those they were intended for.

But, I'm sure if you search around, you can find someone hosting this beta, just like what's happened with all the others.

November 06, 2010, 08:27:43 PM
Reply #43

schnoid

whats going on with the delay Guy? You said a few months ago that their were HDMI issues. I can't even imagine that those issues haven't been worked out yet. Can you please give us a reasonable update? Thanks.

November 15, 2010, 06:26:45 AM
Reply #44

Gigaherx

Haven't tested it myself (no HDMI device yet), but looks like this is working well for many. Maybe a base for the official FW, which b-rad than might use for his next major release ... still hoping :-)

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/WDTV_Live_1.03.49_V.zip
http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=22265

Resolved Issues:

* Resolved HDMI negotiation issue found in previous firmware release.
    * Resolved HDMI auto resolution selection issue.
    * Resolved HDMI Video Output - 24Hz and 50Hz modes not working.
    * Resolved HDMI screen flicker issue.
    * Resolved playback issues related to mkvmerge.
    * Improved thumbnail caching.
    * Resolved MP4 problems with seeking and audio stopping.
    * Resolved MP4 poor frame-rate and audio out of sync.
    * Resolved File Share group name No longer requires all group names to be the same. (Reset to factory defaults required)
    * Resolved various user interface translation issues.
    * Added Mediafly application.
    * Added DVD Navigation support.
    * Added .MOV chapter support.
    * Added wireless adaptor support for ASUS USB-N13.
    * Added security when mounting a network share on password protected local drives.
    * Resolved aspect ratio issues.
    * Resolved subtitle encoding for Big 5.
    * Resolved resume remembering previous audio selection.
    * Resolved IDX +_SUB positioning issue causing video freeze.
    * Resolved PGS subtitle becoming frozen while using the delay function.
    * Resolved Network share intermittent detection issue.
    * Resolved undetectable 4TB My Book.
    * Resolved large capacity video file (.ts) unable to play issue.
    * Resolved DVR-MS video stops when fast forward at 6x.
    * Resolved Buffalo G300N not enumerating.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:50:03 AM by Gigaherx »
WDTV Live (FW: 1.02.21 + b-rads 0.4.3.1 / PsychoTHC OSD mod v6.2.8 )
Currently playing around with moviesheets, UMSP and learning about GUI plugins for easier content access.